Chelsea Flower Show 1: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Iceflower.

I have to agree with the comment about Laura Lopes. I mean, okay, fashion is apparently not important to her. Thats all fine. And she is techically a private citizen so she can wear what she wants to, but since your mother is not a private citizen and people are going to take an interest in you because they want to know more about your mother, would it be a too much to put a little effort in your attire?

Think the Queen should follow Beatrice's lead and auction off the hair-net for charity...it looks so undignified! (unusual for her)

Laura Lopes is actually rather pretty, but I think that growing up she absorbed her mother's attitude about fashion and dressing well...like...why bother?? I think if Camilla had not married the Prince of Wales she would not be caught wearing some of the things she wears now...it's a concession to her position and what is expected of her and nothing else.

I am always fascinated by women like that, as clothes and accessories and cosmetics have always been VERY important to me since as long as I can remember.

The Duchess of Gloucester looks simply fantastic!:whistling:

Princess Alexandra looked marvelous! I wish we got to see her more often. Sophie and Bea too

I've found a few more of Edward and Sophie at the Chelsea Flower Show, as well as other members of the family.

One + two + three

ISOPIX

I do think it's sweet that Sophie's Dad gets to come to these gatherings. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Another family event- the Queen, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra, the Duchess of Gloucester, and the Duke of Kent will all attend the Chelsea Flower Show today.

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower. :flowers:
The flower show looks very beautiful; some of the designs are quite exquisite.

Last edited:
Are those 4 pics of the Queen from this year? She is wearing the same odd hairnet she wore last year. I was hoping it would have been binned.

Are those 4 pics of the Queen from this year? She is wearing the same odd hairnet she wore last year. I was hoping it would have been binned.
The pictures are (unfortunately) from today.
I was hoping that hairnet things will never make another appearance; I like those about as much as Queen Margrethe's golden poppies. :whistling:

Last edited:
:previous:At first glimpse I thought some kind of a huge bug had landed in HM's hair. :lol:

I am not a fan of nets on HM.. Perhaps she just got tired of wearing a hat. :)

Other members of the Royal Family:

- The Countess of Wessex (beautiful picture)
- The Countess of Wessex
- Prince Edward

- Prince Philip
- Princess Anne
- Princess Alexandra
- The Duchess of Gloucester
- Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

Royal in bloom: Queen wears delicate tulle hairpiece decorated with flowers for annual Chelsea Flower Show date
The Queen ensured it was more than just the intricate floral arrangements that dazzled when she appeared at the first day of this year's Chelsea Flower Show. Attending the show for the 48th time, she departed from her usual style with her choice of headwear - a floral hat to accompany the occasion. She was also given a £40,000 white gold brooch with more than 100 precious jewels in it. The brooch, in the shape of an iris, contains 60 sapphires to celebrate the Queen's 60 years on the throne, as well as 15 diamonds, 20 amethysts, 30 tourmelines and a large yellow diamond in the centre. It was presented to her by the Royal Horticultural Society. The Queen was dressed in a lilac crepe coat and a floral dress, completed by a new black tulle decorated with small flowers.

Good grief! What did she do to her face!?? Too much make-up plus a bad picture, I'm hoping.

This actually looks like new hairnet and it's equally as horrible.

Good grief! What did she do to her face!?? Too much make-up plus a bad picture, I'm hoping.

One of her closest friends had been murdered the day before...........

It was a nice gesture to present the Queen with the brooch; I was wondering whether she has ever had a flower named after her?

Even if she has, it would be lovely if someone came up with something to mark the occasion (the Jubilee rose, for instance?).

It was a nice gesture to present the Queen with the brooch; I was wondering whether she has ever had a flower named after her?
Even if she has, it would be lovely if someone came up with something to mark the occasion (the Jubilee rose, for instance?).
There are several flowers named after the Queen, including the award-winning Queen Elizabeth grandiflora, which was introduced in 1954 in honour of Her Majesty's coronation. It is considered by many to be the best of the grandifloras.

Last edited:
Possibly the best flower show,a firm favourite of mine.Thanks for the photos!

Thanks for the image links, everyone looks great. Not sure how I feel about the Queen's headpiece but because it's Lilibet I feel she can get away with it.

Last edited:
oh god, harry is rallly a nice guy!!!! I sure his mother is very pround of him! the diana's garden is really very loverly!
I remember when william and caherine visited the flowers diana, princess of wales.

I'm sure the royals and other visitors will enjoy the garden.

I'm sure the royals and other visitors will enjoy the garden.
yes, my friend! I seure about that too!:flowers:
when the chelea flowers show open?

Next week, I'm going on Thursday

Back
Top Bottom