Chelsea Flower Show 1: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal 6h
The Duchess of Cambridge, Andrée Davies and Adam White and @The_RHS are proud to reveal plans for their #RHSChelsea ‘Back to Nature Garden’.

To inspire families to get outside and explore nature together, The Duchess of Cambridge’s #RHSChelsea garden will have a natural woodland feel and contain a:
Treehouse
Waterfall and stream
Rustic den
Campfire
Stepping stones
(-- Design sketch of the garden)

The Duchess of Cambridge’s woodland wilderness garden at #RHSChelsea aims to get people back to nature, and highlight the benefits of the natural world on our mental and physical wellbeing.

The Duchess’s #RHSChelsea garden aims to trigger memories of time spent in nature, and encourage others to go out and create new experiences in the great outdoors.

I can’t wait for all of this to unfold at the Flower Show.

This is Page Six so...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesi...ry-and-meghan-markles-philanthropy-plans/amp/

Can't let a little thing like maternity leave to slow down gossip about Harry and Meghan. No foundation just "sources" stating the queen is allegedly clipping the Sussexes wings on their philanthropy. More like creating a story from the KP household split.

Thats all that’s happening, stories being created out of the imagination. Royal transition preparations are too simple and boring for the press.

This is Page Six so...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesi...ry-and-meghan-markles-philanthropy-plans/amp/

Can't let a little thing like maternity leave to slow down gossip about Harry and Meghan. No foundation just "sources" stating the queen is allegedly clipping the Sussexes wings on their philanthropy. More like creating a story from the KP household split.

Well, it originated from The Times: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/its-meghan-v-kate-at-chelsea-flower-show-l0vz02sjh

Kensington Palace, presumably aware of the risk of headlines about “sisters-in-law at war”, has intervened to stop Meghan and Harry’s glamour eclipsing Kate’s pride and joy. Camfed, which supports girls in rural Africa to stay in education, has been told it cannot use a photograph of Harry surrounded by some of its young Zimbabwean alumni to publicise its garden, created by London garden designer Jilayne Rickards, on the website of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS).

Kensington Palace said the decision on the photo was taken by administrators and the duke was “incredibly supportive” of the charity’s work. “It’s because the Duchess of Cambridge is co-designing a garden, so . . . we can’t use the photo. The palace is worried about mixed messaging,” said a source at Camfed. A photo of Kate features prominently in an article on the RHS website about her garden.

The article makes Kate looks selfish and insecure. Not good. I really hope it's not true but I have a feeling it is. Just disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Glamor aka 'Hollywood' :bang: Of course they manage to play this card even with a garden :sad:

Perfect English country rose Kate decided a beautiful simplistic rustic garden. While glamorous Hollywood diva Meghan, with Harry along for the ride, were involved with a 'over the top Hollywood design with solar pannels'. :whistling:

Mixed messages :ohmy: aka suggesting the royals don't want to be identified with such an outlandish modern 'non English' idea :whistling:

Some how Prince Charles likely has never worried about being mistaken for being too 'Hollywood'. Sustainable gardening techniques are certainly something he is a supporter of. Then again he is in good company, as Anne was 'too Hollywood' when she dared wear sunglasses in the winter to the queen's Christmas lunch.

Kate doesn't come out looking insecure IMO. She comes out as the 'perfect English rose' and the royals are rushing to show that she is the 'ideal duchess' by supporting her design. While Meghan is painted as the evil sister in law, stealing all the glory.

And yep, all meghan's fault anyways. Harry would never be a part in the garden show. :whistling: Oh wait he has how many times :lol:

Last edited:
And yep, all meghan's fault anyways. Harry would never be a part in the garden show. :whistling: Oh wait he has how many times :lol:

Those of us that have been around here pre-Meghan era realize just how stupid this article is and the epitome of poor journalism. They must think we have the attention span of a gnat.

In the first article I listed in my previous post, the designer that actually did the work and created Harry's idea said "“I went to a meeting at Clarence House with Prince Harry and the Prince of Wales, whose Prince’s Foundation for Building Community is part of the project, and they liked my ideas but it was suggested I should go to Lesotho."

That, to me, shows a lot of thought, cooperation, planning and execution of an idea being brought to life. Meghan wasn't even a twinkle in Harry's eyes at the time.

I just love being able to disprove some crapola that appears as "facts" these days. :whistling:

I have to agree with @ Marlowe and @ Julianna Victoria. The flower show displays make Kate look petty and KP communications look incompetent for the bad optics this is giving off. It also gives credence to the rumors that Harry and Meghan are dissatisfied with Jason Knauf.

Those of us that have been around here pre-Meghan era realize just how stupid this article is and the epitome of poor journalism. They must think we have the attention span of a gnat.

In the first article I listed in my previous post, the designer that actually did the work and created Harry's idea said "“I went to a meeting at Clarence House with Prince Harry and the Prince of Wales, whose Prince’s Foundation for Building Community is part of the project, and they liked my ideas but it was suggested I should go to Lesotho."

That, to me, shows a lot of thought, cooperation, planning and execution of an idea being brought to life. Meghan wasn't even a twinkle in Harry's eyes at the time.

I just love being able to disprove some crapola that appears as "facts" these days. :whistling:

The ridiculous thing is there is no evidence that Harry or Meghan were involved this year to begin with :ermm:

Previous years the gardens were for Senteble and Harry was active in planning. He chose the designer for the 2015 garden, and yes he and his father were involved in planning.

This year the suggestion he is involved is based souly on the charity. While its a cause close to Harry and Meghan's heart, its not one either are patron of. Harry was involved with an initiative for it due to the queen's commonwealth trust. The Queen is the royal patron for Camfed. There is no reason to think Harry's photograph would have been with the garden. A stretch at best.

This silly 'jealousy' story is all the more publicity for the Chelsea Flower Show.
All royal quarters would totally support each others' gardens, I think.
The more entries, the better.
It is huge; the Chelsea Garden Show is a wonderful, international display, easily able to accommodate many fine designs.

Last edited:
This year the suggestion he is involved is based souly on the charity. While its a cause close to Harry and Meghan's heart, its not one either are patron of. Harry was involved with an initiative for it due to the queen's commonwealth trust. The Queen is the royal patron for Camfed. There is no reason to think Harry's photograph would have been with the garden. A stretch at best.

The focus is solely on Camfed. They didn't just up and plan this garden display overnight and there's really no credit due to Harry with any of it. He (and Meghan) just happened to fall in the line of fire to make a good story to get folks riled up and promote the negativity we've seen too much of lately.

Previous years the gardens were for Senteble and Harry was active in planning. He chose the designer for the 2015 garden, and yes he and his father were involved in planning.

And... in case someone has missed a crucial point in the planning stage of the Sentebale presentations at the Chelsea Flower Show, I want to emphasize that the designer was presented with the idea backed by Harry and Charles and it was suggested that he actually take a trip to Lesotho. This kind of thing isn't done overnight or even in a few months. It take an extensive amount of planning and nurturing to get it all just right.

I'm sure that Kate's garden has been in the works for quite a bit of time and it will be gorgeous. So will Camfed's. The Chelsea Flower Show is an accomplishment for *all* of the entries. To insinuate that there's a "feud" or "oneupmanship" for this event detracts from the RHS that puts it on each year.

I see no mention either in article, or by any posters, about length of time but your repeat post.

The focus SHOULD soley be on the garden and the foundation behind it. The focus of the article was not. The article had very little to do with the garden at all. It was simply a prop in the ongoing 'battle of the sister in laws' rhetoric. Harry was almost a prop himself along for the ride.

Suggesting Meghan was involved doesn't in any way suggest the garden was on a whim or quick process. Meghan has been married to Harry for ten months, and engaged to him longer. Certainly IF they wanted to be involved in the garden they could have been for well over a year or more. But there is no evidence Harry and Meghan have even had a preview of the garden. Its not their patronage, and no actual link to them.

The press is all about selling papers. A flower show isn't going to sell papers, especially abroad. A flower show that could have been the show down of the duchesses, now that sells papers. Any thing they can use to prop up this ridiculous feud they will.

Last edited:
In regards to the Chelsea flower show gardens., I think it is all being blow out of proportion. There is no confirmation that Harry or Meghan has anything to do with the garden for CAMFED, and having checked the CAMFEd website they make no mention of them at all. So basically, if (and that is a big IF) KP has said no to a photo of Harry its likely because it would set a precedence for any charity with royal links to fill their gardens at Chelsea with pictures of the royals. CAMFED isn't one of Harry or Meghan's patronages so they really would just be using pictures of Harry for promotion.
But of course the Meghan v Kate feud story is better for a bit of drama

The Times was quite busy today I see. They posted that KP axed Camfed from using a picture that the QCT uses itself on their social media alleging they don't want attention drawn from Kate's garden. I find both stories exaggerated and a case of them looking for clicks.

The Times story sounds overblown and I'm surprised anyone is taking it at face value. Especially since there have been so many complaints in the last few months about how the media has been portraying various members of the BRF.

More than likely the charity isn't allowed to use the photo because Meghan and Harry aren't involved in the actual garden.

In regards to the Chelsea flower show gardens., I think it is all being blow out of proportion. There is no confirmation that Harry or Meghan has anything to do with the garden for CAMFED, and having checked the CAMFEd website they make no mention of them at all. So basically, if (and that is a big IF) KP has said no to a photo of Harry its likely because it would set a precedence for any charity with royal links to fill their gardens at Chelsea with pictures of the royals. CAMFED isn't one of Harry or Meghan's patronages so they really would just be using pictures of Harry for promotion.
But of course the Meghan v Kate feud story is better for a bit of drama

This definitely sounds like the real story.

From The Evening Standard

The “Kate effect” has sent sales of tickets for the Chelsea Flower Show surging, with the world-renowned event expected to be sold out within days.

A spokeswoman for the RHS said: “RHS Chelsea Flower Show is set to sell out some two weeks ahead of when it sold out last year.

“When the duchess’s involvement was announced, visits to the RHS Chelsea web pages increased by 100 per cent and there was a huge surge of people wanting tickets.”

Read more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...l-out-kate-middleton-effect-a4136716.html?amp

Court Circular 15th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited the Royal Horticultural Society Back to Nature Garden, jointly designed by Her Royal Highness, in the gardens of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London SW3.

Court Circular 17th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited the Royal Horticultural Society Back to Nature Garden jointly designed by Her Royal Highness in the Gardens of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London SW3.

Wonderful.
Sticks, plants, green open spaces are natural partners to us humans.
It is intrinsic to our well being, I agree.

The Duchess of Cambridge seems to have really enjoyed the swinging seat!

The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited the Royal Horticultural Society Back to Nature Garden jointly designed by Her Royal Highness in the Gardens of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London SW3.

Court Circular || 17th May

Reactions: eya
DOCa has just visited her garden at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. She wasn’t shown on TV but Sophie Rayworth and the co-designers confirmed it on television.

Catherine will be on the BBC programme tomorrow speaking to gardener Monty Don at 7pm.

Loved the photos of Catherine with her garden - she seems to be enjoying it! It would be nice to think she'll come and bring the children to see the garden (either in private or in public).

The Duchess of Cambridge Interview-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom