The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is Laura Lopes for real I mean and this is IMO she always looks like she has just crawled out of bed and I just think she looks like a slob. I love P.A always so elegant and the Olilvy's are always so apparent smart but never grabbing any of the limelight. Thanks for the posts lovelyto see Sophie

Old 05-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A video of the British royals attending the Chelsea Flower Show: Queen attends Chelsea Flower Show

Old 05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Thanks Iceflower.

I have to agree with the comment about Laura Lopes. I mean, okay, fashion is apparently not important to her. Thats all fine. And she is techically a private citizen so she can wear what she wants to, but since your mother is not a private citizen and people are going to take an interest in you because they want to know more about your mother, would it be a too much to put a little effort in your attire?

Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Gentry

Think the Queen should follow Beatrice's lead and auction off the hair-net for charity...it looks so undignified! (unusual for her)
Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Laura Lopes is actually rather pretty, but I think that growing up she absorbed her mother's attitude about fashion and dressing well...like...why bother?? I think if Camilla had not married the Prince of Wales she would not be caught wearing some of the things she wears now...it's a concession to her position and what is expected of her and nothing else.

I am always fascinated by women like that, as clothes and accessories and cosmetics have always been VERY important to me since as long as I can remember.

The Duchess of Gloucester looks simply fantastic!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Alexandra looked marvelous! I wish we got to see her more often. Sophie and Bea too
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've found a few more of Edward and Sophie at the Chelsea Flower Show, as well as other members of the family.

One + two + three

ISOPIX

I do think it's sweet that Sophie's Dad gets to come to these gatherings.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Another family event- the Queen, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra, the Duchess of Gloucester, and the Duke of Kent will all attend the Chelsea Flower Show today.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are the first pics of the Chelsea Flower Show 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages/reuters/ap daylife gallery **

** gettyimages/zmbio: Chelsea Flower Show - Press And VIP Preview Day **

** gettyimages/filmmagic: GBR: Chelsea Flower Show - Press And VIP Preview Day **
Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower.
The flower show looks very beautiful; some of the designs are quite exquisite.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Are those 4 pics of the Queen from this year? She is wearing the same odd hairnet she wore last year. I was hoping it would have been binned.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Are those 4 pics of the Queen from this year? She is wearing the same odd hairnet she wore last year. I was hoping it would have been binned.
The pictures are (unfortunately) from today.
I was hoping that hairnet things will never make another appearance; I like those about as much as Queen Margrethe's golden poppies.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
At first glimpse I thought some kind of a huge bug had landed in HM's hair.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not a fan of nets on HM.. Perhaps she just got tired of wearing a hat. :)
Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Other members of the Royal Family:

- The Countess of Wessex (beautiful picture)
- The Countess of Wessex
- Prince Edward

- Prince Philip
- Princess Anne
- Princess Alexandra
- The Duchess of Gloucester
- Prince and Princess Michael of Kent
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Good grief! What did she do to her face!?? Too much make-up plus a bad picture, I'm hoping.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

This actually looks like new hairnet and it's equally as horrible.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Royal in bloom: Queen wears delicate tulle hairpiece decorated with flowers for annual Chelsea Flower Show date
Quote:
The Queen ensured it was more than just the intricate floral arrangements that dazzled when she appeared at the first day of this year's Chelsea Flower Show. Attending the show for the 48th time, she departed from her usual style with her choice of headwear - a floral hat to accompany the occasion. She was also given a £40,000 white gold brooch with more than 100 precious jewels in it. The brooch, in the shape of an iris, contains 60 sapphires to celebrate the Queen's 60 years on the throne, as well as 15 diamonds, 20 amethysts, 30 tourmelines and a large yellow diamond in the centre. It was presented to her by the Royal Horticultural Society. The Queen was dressed in a lilac crepe coat and a floral dress, completed by a new black tulle decorated with small flowers.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Good grief! What did she do to her face!?? Too much make-up plus a bad picture, I'm hoping.
One of her closest friends had been murdered the day before...........
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was a nice gesture to present the Queen with the brooch; I was wondering whether she has ever had a flower named after her?

Even if she has, it would be lovely if someone came up with something to mark the occasion (the Jubilee rose, for instance?).

Tags
british royal family, chelsea flower show