The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2006, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Silver at the garden games for NZ

Her eldest son is known for talking to plants, but at the Chelsea Flower Show what the Queen wanted to know was which plants were from New Zealand.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3677858a10,00.html

Old 05-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

photos by Tim Graham for Corbis

Old 05-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

also from Corbis

Old 05-24-2006, 06:31 AM
Gentry

Sophie looked nice that day.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyjojo88
Sophie looked nice that day.
She certainly did, but I think she always does. She is always appropriately dressed and has a lovely figure and beautiful facial features, and, very importantly, the ability to smile genuinely yet keep her lovely grey eyes wide open without them scrunching up at all. There's a really beautiful photo of her on the cover of a recent issue of "Majesty".

I thought the Queen looked particularly good, too. I think that plum colour suits her. Everyone looked as though they were enjoying themselves. It was a pleasure to see these photos.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

several more from Tim Graham (Corbis) :

Old 05-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Did the Duchess of Gloucester get a haircut? Its a lot more flattering than I've seen on her before. Some of the Chelsea flower exhibits were a little bizarre. Maybe the Duchess is laughing at this one?

© Tim Graham/Tim Graham/Corbis

© Rune Hellestad/Corbis: Ringo Starr and his wife Barbara Bach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gloucester.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	245280   Click image for larger version

Name:	chelsea.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	245281  
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I never thought the Queen and Princess Margaret looked alike but this picture of the Queen at the Chelsea Flower Show definitely reminds me of her late sister.

© Tim Graham/Tim Graham/Corbis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qeflowershow.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	245337  
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Did the Duchess of Gloucester get a haircut? Its a lot more flattering than I've seen on her before. Some of the Chelsea flower exhibits were a little bizarre. Maybe the Duchess is laughing at this one?
She does seem to be a few shades blonder than usual. Maybe she's going gradually ash blonde as a prelude to letting her hair go grey. I think once ladies get into their late 50s and 60s, artificially coloured chestnut-brown hair starts looking a bit harsh.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

This was a very nice gathering. I liked what the Princess Royal wore for once. The splash of color was nice. I dont care for the way Princess Micheal and the Countess of Wessex dressed. It just didnt work for me. Purple is such a nice color on the Queen. Also, I think the Duchess of Glouceseter is ageing very gracefully. She looks great. Was the Duke of G there.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, he's in the photo before the one of the Duchess.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Nobility

I think the Duchess of Gloucester looked awful. What was she doing coming to a summer flower show in a dreary black coat and shoes? Her whole outfit just looked "heavy" and overbearing.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Courtier

Birgitte's coat was navy. It's the same coat (with a different dress) that she wore to the Grosvenor-van Cutsem wedding in 2004 and to several outings since then (though always before she wore the coat with the matching lace dress). It's really quite lovely for Birgitte (she's not known for her taste in clothes, so I tend to give her a pass when it comes to apparel).
Old 05-15-2007, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Bumping for the 2007 Chelsea Flower Show; thread to be reopened closer to the event.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden tour gardens at Chelsea Flower Show during the preview day on May, 21, 2007 in London, England.

Pictures:
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia 2

Gallery of pictures from Isifa

Queen Elizabeth, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Conrwall, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Duke and Duchess of Glouster and some other British Royals will be there today as well.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

is it the first time the queen attends, i dont recall seeing her before? Her outfit was abit too bright but i kind of liked it, she stood out in it especially agaianst all the green around. Her hat looked like it had real orchids on it

a few pictures from isifa gallery
Old 05-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A funny pic of Charles today: The Prince of Wales grimaces as he arrives at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in London, 21 May 2007. The show runs from the 22-26th of May with 2007 marking it's 85th year in the grounds of the Royal Hospital, Chelsea. AFP

Charles at the Flower Show 21 May 2007
Old 05-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

What a wonderful picture of Prince Charles, thank you Iceflower.

And here are two more pictures of Queen Elizabeth at Chelsea Flower Show
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth 2

And many more pictures of the King and Queen of Sweden at the Gallery of Pictures from getty
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
is it the first time the queen attends, i dont recall seeing her before? Her outfit was abit too bright but i kind of liked it, she stood out in it especially agaianst all the green around. Her hat looked like it had real orchids on it
I think Queen Silvia looks wonderful. She's really into the spirit of the event. Bright and vibrant for the celebration of spring and all the beautiful flowers.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Blimey. The Queen has a look on her face that would wither young shoots at twenty paces. I wonder what on earth was the matter with her.

Tags
british royal family, chelsea flower show