The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
About Us

Royal Central is the most popular independent source for news on the British Royal Family on the Internet, and this isn’t a distinction we take lightly. Every month, over 100,000 readers come to our website for the latest pictures, news and also historical content we have to offer.

Our team of editors and writers are always on duty to make sure we bring you, our readers, the very best of the British Royal Family – accurately, promptly and with our signature historical context to help you understand just how significant the news is.

History

Royal Central’s origins were not originally in royal news, in fact, we began life tweeting facts about the British Royal Family under the Twitter handle of @RoyalFactsUK on 8th June 2012. Shortly after that, on 25th July, we decided to take it all one step further and open a website dedicated to the British Royal Family and on 30th July, we launched Royal Central beta!

From there, we began developing Royal Central, initially providing regular blog posts on things to do with the Royal Family before moving on, in October to our new framework where we began posting royal news.

In November 2012, Royal Central underwent a major overhaul of its systems, including a new, much more reliable and faster dedicated system and a completely new theme.
On 11th February 2013, Royal Central announced our move to a new style of reporting. From 1st March, we have been focusing much more on news and have separated factual articles from news reports in two different, yet equally important sections.
In August 2013, we decided to change our site design to reflect our need for new and different spaces to display our content – the design launched on 1st September and remains with us today!

Today, Royal Central has an average of over 130,000 unique visitors a month and is constantly growing.
Royal Central - The latest news on the British Royal Family

Old 09-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

This is one of the best resource for facts and explanations!

Old 01-14-2015, 07:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 2h 2 hours ago
Hello from Kensington Palace! Welcome to our new Twitter account.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 2h 2 hours ago
This account represents The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry - follow for updates on their work and the #RoyalFoundation

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

So is that a new twitter account only for W&K and Harry? Great!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Oh this is good news, makes sense to have their own Twitter account!
Old 01-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 24m 24 minutes ago
Prince William, Kate & Harry are now also officially on Instagram!
Instagram

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Old Footage from the State Opening of Parliament from British Pathé

Old 05-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I happened on the Realms and Commonwealth section of the POW website today: Realms and Commonwealth.

As I looked at the link list at the left, I had several thoughts:
  • The page seems to be a catch all for some miscellaneous topics and they are arranged alphabetically. Unless Literacy and Watercolors are new members of the Commonwealth.... The page needs to renamed. This is the kind of thing that drives republicans crazy - and it is a slight to them.
  • South Asia and Southern Africa get short shrift - they are geographic areas rather than realms. It's a bit insulting IMHO.
  • Has the Prince really never been to the Commonwealth Nations/Realms not listed on the page? If so, he has only visited less than 25% of the members.
Finally, and I found this fascinating to think about in terms of the future (MODS, move this if you like - it could have gone several places), the Queen's royal.gov pages don't mention India until you drill down to a list of all nations. The Prince, on the other hand mentions India prominently and in detail.

Anyway, it's another example of the sad state of the Royal's web pages, IMHO.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Not sure where to post this...

Zimbio.com quiz: Which member of the BRF are you?

Which Member of the Royal Family Are You? - Quiz - Zimbio

I got QE2
Old 04-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess the BRF-website will have a new look from next week.

https://www.royal.uk/home-royal-family
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

Not sure I like the new look, well not yet anyway! Although I wonder if the Court Circular section will get updated more regularly now.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I really like the new look. The old website was outdated and hard to navigate, so I'm glad they updated.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Nobility

An update was desperately needed, not sure about the new version but it is still just a beta version and likely to be significantly tweaked I'm sure.

Interesting it describes itself as 'the home of the Royal Family' as opposed to the old one which stated it was 'the official website of the British Monarchy'. Clearly they don't feel 'British' is required anymore.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Social media-savvy Queen launches her revamped royal website with a page for each member of the family (including Charlotte)* | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

So far I like it. Seems to work well on my new Ipad. The British royals have always been in the forefront with internet/social media and this is further evidence
Old 04-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

I think the biggest difference will be noted on ipads and mobiles (apparently this was a big reason behind the change). It does look more modern for sure, just not a fan of there being no real structure to find certain things. I'll learn to love it in time I'm sure. Interesting that they are actually under a new website address royal.uk rather than royal.gov.uk
I thought the change from 'the official website of the British Monarchy' to 'the home of the Royal Family' was a bit odd (part of me thought how presumptuous to assume the BRF are THE royal family for everyone) however I wonder if its to be more encompassing of the other countries where the Queen is head of state (Canada, Australia, NZ etc)
Old 04-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm liking the new look of the website. There's a whole lot of information to be read and its arranged such that one doesn't seem more important than another and to me, that adds to the "family" aspect of the website.

I knew it was going to be good when reaching the opening page, there's a big, beautiful picture of HM and her wonderful smile.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be even better if the main royals posed for an official photograph to go along with the new website. It would add to the new look and to their profile.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. I think they should follow the same pattern they did for official tours, for example. The released phots in connection with something important have always been nice.

Tags
british royal family, podcast, prince william, youtube, youtube videos kent windsor mountbatten