British Royals Websites, Links, Videos & Podcasts

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't understand what you and your IT guys at school mean with that,

JSH's post summarized it nicely. The "user-friendly" menus you named existed on the old website, where the menu links opened more developed menus with links and pages logically arranged. The new website lacks further menus or site maps.

Maybe you just need to give a go and you will get the hang of it.

For example, try to browse the biographies of each United Kingdom monarch in chronological order on the new website, without looking up their names and regnal years. It was very simple to do on the older one.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the new website either, I don't like the way new items appear as you scroll and the royal family page is not in order, you have Charlotte near the top and George much further down.
Whoever thought that this would be an improvement is seriously wrong.

They really have to work on this site. It's just starting out, but improvements are need badly.

The new site has simply no structure: it's like a library hit by a cataclism, with the books scattered all over the place and the pages torn out. I'm surprised that some can actually use it, but it may be a generational thing: at 36 I'm probably too old to learn how to use a "deconstructed" site? There's a main menu and that's all. What about the sub-menus? And the sub-sub-... etc.?
I think that they took the concept of "browsing" a bit too far.:ermm:

(Plus, the scrolling, with the big bobbing pictures, makes me sick, but that's a detail).

I had been unable to get into the Court Circular (and Diary) when I clicked on the link in the main page. Solution was to right click on the link box and copy and paste the link into my browser address line.
Ditto for the Diary (AKA Future Engagements).
If any of you share that problem here are the addresses:
https://www.royal.uk/court-circular
https://www.royal.uk/future-engagements

I can do a search now in either page - but if I do a longish search, when I try to go to the next page, I time out again. Buggy, very buggy. If any of you figures out a solution for this, please do share.
EDIT - the fix for all this as I just discovered is to navigate using a right click, open in new tab for any link. I don't have this issue on other sites I use, BTW.

Last edited:
I was just looking at the Future Engagements individual list of royals and notice something:

That list is missing not only the younger royals but also Andrew. The list covers The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Edward, Sophie, Anne, Richard, Birgitte, Edward Kent and Alexandra but no William, Kate, Harry or Andrew.

Does this mean that Andrew has been demoted to a part-time royal? Or is he continuing to only have his own site with no FEs listed (other than by Twitter or some other form). I did find not having even an option of the Duke of York on the FE's strange.

The list of the CC circular now has removed The Queen Mother and Princess Alice but has moved Kate above Harry whereas before she was below Andrew (I assumed that she was placed there so she was below the Counsellors of State). That list does include Prince and Princess Michael of Kent but no Duchess of Kent who was on the previous site. What this means is that you can't check for past engagements singly for the Duchess of Kent which could be done on the old site.

I was just looking at the Future Engagements individual list of royals and notice something:

That list is missing not only the younger royals but also Andrew. The list covers The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Edward, Sophie, Anne, Richard, Birgitte, Edward Kent and Alexandra but no William, Kate, Harry or Andrew.

Does this mean that Andrew has been demoted to a part-time royal? Or is he continuing to only have his own site with no FEs listed (other than by Twitter or some other form). I did find not having even an option of the Duke of York on the FE's strange.

The list of the CC circular now has removed The Queen Mother and Princess Alice but has moved Kate above Harry whereas before she was below Andrew (I assumed that she was placed there so she was below the Counsellors of State). That list does include Prince and Princess Michael of Kent but no Duchess of Kent who was on the previous site. What this means is that you can't check for past engagements singly for the Duchess of Kent which could be done on the old site.

The site is still being worked out, because I think William, Catherine and Harry was just in the future engagements list the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iluvbertie - my conclusion was that the names listed have their press run by the BP press office. Historically, they have been the family members to disclose most Future Engagements in the searchable site. And the other Press offices prefer to Tweet future engagements.
We will see how it plays out - but I think this is fairly obvious confirmation of the lack or harmony, mission, vision between the various entities. JMO

Iluvbertie - my conclusion was that the names listed have their press run by the BP press office. Historically, they have been the family members to disclose most Future Engagements in the searchable site. And the other Press offices prefer to Tweet future engagements.
We will see how it plays out - but I think this is fairly obvious confirmation of the lack or harmony, mission, vision between the various entities. JMO

Good point, but KP preference to twitting future engagements is what I don't like, and I think it leads to criticism for the young royals. I say this, because with the other royals, you can see what they will be doing ahead of time. With the Cambridge's, one have to wait for weeks at time to learn what they will be doing. It seems to give the impression they're pushing away their royal duties.

Good point, but KP preference to twitting future engagements is what I don't like, and I think it leads to criticism for the young royals. I say this, because with the other royals, you can see what they will be doing ahead of time. With the Cambridge's, one have to wait for weeks at time to learn what they will be doing. It seems to give the impression they're pushing away their royal duties.

I agree completely. Haphazardly announcing future visits on Twitter is not user friendly at all.

I agree completely. Haphazardly announcing future visits on Twitter is not user friendly at all.

Yup, I just think the way KP goes about it, give the impression the younger royals aren't doing much. Also, when engagement announcements are finally Tweeted, it comes across they are just responding to the criticism.

I think the Cambridge's and Prince Harry's official engagements should be listed days and weeks ahead of time in the future engagements list just like the others.

It's the reporters who tweet the engagements. If KP just listed them on the website, reporters would have a fit. Press hold William, Catherine and Harry to a different standard than other royals

Not all the royals have their future engagements on the site. Anne has a ton for the next 30 days. The Queen has 5. How many people are going to go and look up what Royal is doing what when? KP has 600K Twitter followers so that a tweet about the Cambridges holding a reception will get more looks than a website diary entry. I know that I personally look at KP Twitter way more than website.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's the reporters who tweet the engagements. If KP just listed them on the website, reporters would have a fit. Press hold William, Catherine and Harry to a different standard than other royals
You're right, but I would say that the press hold William and Catherine to a much tougher standard than Harry. They don't call him workshy or lazy.

Not all the royals have their future engagements on the site. Anne has a ton for the next 30 days. The Queen has 5. How many people are going to go and look up what Royal is doing what when? KP has 600K Twitter followers so that a tweet about the Cambridges holding a reception will get more looks than a website diary entry. I know that I personally look at KP Twitter way more than website.

KP can still tweet the Cambridge's and Prince Harry's engagements, but it should still be listed ahead of time in the engagements list. One should be able to look up their engagements for this week, next week and even going into the next month.

I don't look at KP's Twitter page, I look at the royal watchers and royal reporters Twitter pages.

You're right, but I would say that the press hold William and Catherine to a much tougher standard than Harry. They don't call him workshy or lazy.

I agree, the Cambridge's are held to a different standard than Harry. I think think that's down to their status though. It gets on my nerve, but I do understand that more is expected from them. William is second in line to the throne and are of age to take on more responsibility.

Last edited:
British Royals Websites, Links, Videos & Podcasts

Maybe its for security reasons. WK&H are way bigger targets than say Princess Anne. Harry's WA appearance wasn't announced until right before. The open top bus ride in Mumbai wasn't announced at all.

I am aware that not all royals have their FE's listed and have pointed that out many times in the past.

My point is that William, Kate, Harry and Andrew aren't even in the list of royals that a person can possibly look up on the site.

It is rare to find any engagements listed for Charles and Camilla but at least they are listed as members of the royal family on that page. Those listed above aren't even listed amongst the royal family there. Strange that three of the Counsellors-of-State aren't even listed as members of the royal family for FE on the website of the British Monarchy.

I think there should be one place to get all the information rather than have to go to multiple sites. What this is showing is a fractured 'family' with some not even co-operating to be part of the family on the family's website. If some royals wish to have their own sites where their personal followers can go fine but there should be a central place for all the information but that isnt happening.

I am aware that not all royals have their FE's listed and have pointed that out many times in the past.

My point is that William, Kate, Harry and Andrew aren't even in the list of royals that a person can possibly look up on the site.

It is rare to find any engagements listed for Charles and Camilla but at least they are listed as members of the royal family on that page. Those listed above aren't even listed amongst the royal family there. Strange that three of the Counsellors-of-State aren't even listed as members of the royal family for FE on the website of the British Monarchy.

I think there should be one place to get all the information rather than have to go to multiple sites. What this is showing is a fractured 'family' with some not even co-operating to be part of the family on the family's website. If some royals wish to have their own sites where their personal followers can go fine but there should be a central place for all the information but that isnt happening.
'ILB: Charles was not there on the first day I looked at it. Then when the office loaded an event - he appeared in the pull down.
I am guessing that when Andrew (or others) plug in an event, that they will appear in the pulldown. And, if not, then this is a complete fail. No way to read the code - so no telling!

Andrew didn't put his events on the old site so no reason to assume he will put them on this site but no way to find out.

As for the younger royals - they too rarely appeared, if at all, on the old site.

They should all be made to put up their upcoming engagements in one place. They can have their staff put them up on other sites if they wish but there needs to be one central location and there isn't.

I think they are still working out the bugs. They launched it before fixing the bugs.

Last week everyone was listed on the site.

Today, Harry is back in but not William and Catherine.
Did not check for all working members.

The link to the old CC was taking me directly to the new CC but not today, it went to the main page.

Anne always has more items on the CC because most of her dates are confirmed earlier.

Also the CC's future dates were mostly for U.K. events and not international. The old site for future events had a map of the U.K. to search for future engagements.

If you take into consideration, the number of events Anne does in the U.K. and the fact that her diary is confirmed much sooner than the Cambridge it is easy to understand why the Court Circular if filled with Anne.

It is nothing to do with KP press office. It is the fact that Anne does considerable much more work than William, Catherine or Harry.

Anne also covers much more of the U.K. than William, Catherine or Harry.

Anne always has the most Future Events because IMO, she is meticulous and organized. She believes (IMO) in the value of announcing her work ahead of time, knowing both she and the object of the visit benefit. I think her work habits speak for her character and her belief in the nature of work for the firm.
It's interesting that she appreciates the value of advance notice to the nation. Having been the target of a kidnapping in 1974, she does not cower behind the security risk excuse. I do think the security risk to the family is real and that Anne if proof of that. I also think she rises above it. She's quite a woman!

the Royal site would do well to say publically that this is work in progress. Currently all they are doing is hissing people off.

Princess Royal, Wessexes, Gloucesters and Kents have always put their information on the website early

HMQ and Prince Philip put public engagements up within c. 3 wks but ongoing engagements as H of State - Presentations of Ambassadors, Privy Councils, Investitures, PM mtgs are not mentioned.

PoW and DsCornwall have been on their own site as have WKH.

I'm not happy with how it is working but (deep breath) Ill give them time to fix it. End of the month latest

the Royal site would do well to say publically that this is work in progress. Currently all they are doing is hissing people off.

Princess Royal, Wessexes, Gloucesters and Kents have always put their information on the website early

HMQ and Prince Philip put public engagements up within c. 3 wks but ongoing engagements as H of State - Presentations of Ambassadors, Privy Councils, Investitures, PM mtgs are not mentioned.

PoW and DsCornwall have been on their own site as have WKH.

I'm not happy with how it is working but (deep breath) Ill give them time to fix it. End of the month latest

The FE has always only reported - out and about type engagments - not meetings or other events that occur inside and out of the public eye.

The FE has always only reported - out and about type engagments - not meetings or other events that occur inside and out of the public eye.
Iluvbertie - hasn't Prince Andrew done a bit of this.... lunch with, met with, etc?

Done those engagements - yes but he hasn't had them listed on the British Monarchy website as Future Engagements (Andrew doesn't list any upcoming engagements on the main website).

All the royals have lunches etc but they don't list them on the FEs only in the CC.

British Monarchy has changed it's Twitter to @RoyalFamily

After using the new British Monarchy website for a while, I still have to say I don't like it at all. The old one had far more information and was well organized. This one seems to have maybe 1/4 the information and it's like they threw it all on a heap on the floor and said "There. That's our website. We're done."

Is it only my software or the site of Kate, William, Harry, as well as the page of C6C hasn't been working very well for a while? I don't know, but the dukeanduchessofcambridge.org doesn't seem to be functioning very well... perhaps it has something to do with the new site, which I haven't had bother to check

Somebody is asleep at the job.

13 June 2016
Windsor Castle
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy, today held a Chapter of the Most Noble Order of the Garter in the Throne Room, Windsor Castle. The Duchess of Cambridge, The Countess of Wessex and The Duchess of Gloucester were present.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Order+Garter+Service+Sr0t3Zxm_wXl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Order+Garter+Service+Rj_rVcEGPAIl.jpg

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves the Order of the Garter Service at Windsor Castle on June 13, 2016 in Windsor, England. Today the traditional Garter parade was cancelled in favour of dignitaries arriving in cars due to the inclement weather.

:bang:The CC giving Harry credit for a speech he did not make and fails to list Camilla attending the Order of the Garter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom