British Royals Visit to Malta and Uganda: November 20-24, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the Duchess is amazing. Camilla is showing a great sense of fashion. I am glad for her! :)

Camilla is looking very tired. How long does the flight take to Uganda?

One must realise this is the era Her Majesty is from, and I think that people who make an effort to turn out and see her would be very dissappointed if she did not put on her hat, handbag and gloves, that is whta one expects from The Queen.

I agree she's of her time but some of us are living in 2007 where the full hat and handbag combo looks a bit ridiculous when travelling. She's in danger of becoming a parody of herself.

Camilla is looking very tired. How long does the flight take to Uganda?

If i remember well the DOC hates to travel by plane...

I agree she's of her time but some of us are living in 2007 where the full hat and handbag combo looks a bit ridiculous when travelling. She's in danger of becoming a parody of herself.

I just realized I'm still in the 1890's, I just love the Queen for being so well groomed all the time. ;)

The Queen is simply looking beautiful and fabulous. Loved the outfit she was wearing when she arrived in Uganda.

Now, the Duchess is dressed appropriately for travelling. Simple white dress, jacket and gloves. Why the Queen insists on donning the whole kit for every move she makes is beyond me.
I understand your point, but come on she's the queen. she's being doing things like this for a very long time, why change now? Besides, she knows that wherever she arrives there's going to be tons of photographers, she wants to show them her best face and Its what people expect to see and she knows that. most of us when we've been on a plane for so long just feel tired and dont really give a damn but then we dont have important ppl and cameras waiting for us. Plus Im sure she puts it on to get off the plane, hat, gloves, and coat probably, I highly doubt she flies the whole way looking like that.

I understand your point, but come on she's the queen. she's being doing things like this for a very long time, why change now? Besides, she knows that wherever she arrives there's going to be tons of photographers, she wants to show them her best face and Its what people expect to see and she knows that. most of us when we've been on a plane for so long just feel tired and dont really give a damn but then we dont have important ppl and cameras waiting for us. Plus Im sure she puts it on to get off the plane, hat, gloves, and coat probably, I highly doubt she flies the whole way looking like that.

If you check it out, HM often get ON a plane in one outfit and OFF in a completely different one - I wonder if she spends most of the trip in casual clothes & slippers!

By the way - I can't seem to see this thread in the list of others - I only find it via another link, not from the normal list - is it me?

Last edited:
Pics 23.11.2007

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II walks into the Ugandan parliament for the opening ceremonies of the
Queen Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) on 23 November 2007. Every two
years leaders from Commonwealth countries meet to discuss global issues and agree collective
policies and initiatives. EPA

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

I wonder if she spends most of the trip in casual clothes & slippers!

I would assume that's the case, especially on long flights where she might sleep.

GillW, I think this is the picture you are taking about:

---> The Queen 22.11.2007
The caption says:
The Queen Examines the Burma Star Medal of Second World War Veteran Cpl Kaggwa Jatemwa
Formerly with the Kings African Rifles at a Reception in Kampala Queen Elizabeth II and Prince
Philip visit Uganda - 22 Nov

Yes that's the one thanks - I'm hoping for a front view so I can note which brooch she is wearing!!:flowers:

Thank you for posting all the nice pics, iceflower!:flowers:

TRH arrive in Uganda to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)

Upon arrival at the airport, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were greeted By Ugandan Prime Minister Apollo Nsibambi and African dancers in traditional dress, accompanied by drummers.

The Prince of Wales - TRH arrive in Uganda to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)

The Prince of Wales was confronted with the harsh reality of slum living today, (...)

Prince Charles's first stop in Uganda is a shanty-town brothel - Times Online

The couple was greeted with smiles everywhere they went (...)

Camilla and Charles bring smiles on visit to Kampala

Smiles greet Camilla as she meets locals during the royal couple´s visit to one of the poorest areas of Kampala:

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Surrounded by Union Flags, Prince Charles shares a joke with a local during his trip to Uganda capital:

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

The Duchess show´s a dab-hand at gardening as she helps to plant a tree in honour to the visit:

Charles spends time with the youngsters from the Kampala Kid´s League:

Last edited:
MEGA GLITTER ALERT

HRH the Duchess of Cornwall in all her splendour: i'm speechless
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The Queen is the Queen. White gown - diamond wedding celebrations.

But Camilla ... Too much as for one time !!! - big diamond tiara and big five rows diamond necklace... What was she thinking?! Two or three rows will be enough.
Her gown wasn't the best choice specially the top of it. It looks like a sack or something.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the great pics from today :flowers:

I like this one , the Queen talking to the Prime Minister of India,
interested and without a hat and glasses, that's very lovely :)

And here are more pics from tonight, two good looking couples :):

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, second left, her husband prince Philip, left,
Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall prior to the Queens
Banquet for the Commonwealths Heads of Government in Kampala, Uganda
Friday Nov. 23, 2007.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

The Duchess of Cornwall's appearance at tonight's dinner is the perfect answer to the 'How much is too much?' question in the Royal Jewels section of this Forum.
Glittering she might be - or rather: Her diamonds are - but IMHO it turns into a Bling Overkill.
Doesn't strike me as very smart or sensitive to appear decked out like this in such a poor country either.

Camilla's necklace is almost touching the floor and with that huge tiara her whole look is way OTT. She always seems to do this, it's as if she reaches for everything in the jewel box and throws it all on at once, she needs to tone it down a bit. That necklace (like the tiara) belonged to the Queen Mother. It looks like Charles inherited most of her jewels as almost all of the stuff Camilla wears was once worn by the Queen mum.

The Queen Mother left her property to the Queen in a sovereign-to-sovereign transfer. She might have specified that her jewels should go to Charles for his wife, or she might have given them to Charles during her lifetime, but I don't think she would have left them to him in her will.

Last edited:
My God Camilla looks every inch a Byzantine Queen!
That dress HM is wearing is LOVELY!
Elspeth, do you or anyone know how the security is there? All those jewels that they are wearing is a fortune!!

The Queen is the Queen. White gown - diamond wedding celebrations.

But Camilla ... Too much as for one time !!! - big diamond tiara and big five rows diamond necklace... What was she thinking?! Two or three rows will be enough.
Her gown wasn't the best choice specially the top of it. It looks like a sack or something.

One should never forget that it's not fixed that Charles will be the successor of HM as Head of the Commonwealth. So what Camilla does is to show off that the Uk still has the glittering power to bedazzle the public. IMHO it was not her private choice of jewels and clothing as she normal dresses rather demurely but a statement of the BRF!

The dinner this evening was an event royal fans should love. A Queen and a Duchess showed some of their greatest jewels: tiaras, necklesses, bracelets, the whole glamour of royalty.
Okay, you can like the pieces or not, but to talk about an ´overkill´ or that it is not ´sensitive´ to wear the jewels in an poor country is too much for me.

When we do this we also can start here a new topic and talk about the sense of the monarchy ( and of every royalty).:rolleyes:

Eeek!

I think the three strands would have been far more flattering with this evening gown. And the Queen Mother's diamond drop earrings instead of the one's worn. But even this gown isn't the nicest I've seen her wear.

All in all, could have done much better and I don't really like how the Duchess wears pieces which outshine the Queen.

And from the full length photo, that daidem looks massive on her head.

Last edited:
Well, I say Camilla's cracked it. She's the wife of the Prince of Wales, she's our future Queen Consort and by G-d she had every right to show it. The dress is gorgeous, the RFO is proudly in place, the diamonds are fantastic and that tiara was simply made for her. What's the point of being a Princess if you can't show it? Some might say overkill, I say it's HRH giving a {remove unnecessary comment - Elspeth} slap to Richard Kay and the ilk who detract, detract, detract. She's a Royal, she was born to be a Royal and now she's telling those critics who'd rather rip her apart than get a life of their own, that she's arrived and she's here to stay. Outshining the Queen? No - just shining as a Princess. Bravo Ma'am, bravo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom