The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Can I ask for confirmation that there were no engagements for any member of the family on the 25th, 26th and 27th November.

The online CC has updated from the 28th November but has nothing at all for those three dates and as Harry was in the Caribbean for that weekend I will have to assume he had a long-weekend at taxpayers expense - as will anyone else who reads the online CC without confirmation from elsewhere that there were engagements for the 25th, 26th and/or 27th November.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Can I ask for confirmation that there were no engagements for any member of the family on the 25th, 26th and 27th November.

The online CC has updated from the 28th November but has nothing at all for those three dates and as Harry was in the Caribbean for that weekend I will have to assume he had a long-weekend at taxpayers expense - as will anyone else who reads the online CC without confirmation from elsewhere that there were engagements for the 25th, 26th and/or 27th November.

Looking KP's twitter feed Harry was doing stuff on 25, 26. Sunday the 27th was a travel day

Old 12-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry's tour itinerary

Gert's Royals: Prince Harry's Caribbean Royal Tour (2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

The tour itinerary isn't good enough. I need to know what he actually did - not what was planned as that can change on the day. It is also only a list of where the public can see him and, for instance, doesn't mention the investiture he undertook which is in the CC.

The CC is the official record of what was done and doesn't include some events because HM doesn't regard them as 'official' engagements. With no updated CC then nothing done on those days was official for anyone.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Except for the travel day on the 28th it's all recorded for each day mentioned on the Harry Tour of Caribbean thread, by Eya, Polesco, myself and others with Tweets of the events and news reports. There are quite a few on the thread.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The tour itinerary isn't good enough. I need to know what he actually did - not what was planned as that can change on the day. It is also only a list of where the public can see him and, for instance, doesn't mention the investiture he undertook which is in the CC.

The CC is the official record of what was done and doesn't include some events because HM doesn't regard them as 'official' engagements. With no updated CC then nothing done on those days was official for anyone.
The CC has done this several times lately. Days will be missing, then turn up when they do the next update. Just wait until next week and they’ll add these days.
Their efficiency and professionalism is astounding
Old 12-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Except for the travel day on the 28th it's all recorded for each day mentioned on the Harry Tour of Caribbean thread, by Eya, Polesco, myself and others with Tweets of the events and news reports. There are quite a few on the thread.
Those reports aren't the official record though. The official record is the CC and that is the only thing that counts. Many royals undertake activities both overseas and at home that get reported in the press and via tweets etc that aren't official engagements e.g. Harry going to a polo match for charity in Lesotho may get into the CC one year but not the next - one year it was an official engagement and the next it wasn't. Later this month we will see them all go to church and there will be pages of reports - but not an official engagement for any of them. Earlier this year we saw William and Kate accompany the Queen and Philip to the 100th anniversary of the end of the Gallipoli campaign - but only the Queen and Philip were there official. Same thing with Ascot - only The Queen and Philip attend officially - which is why press reports, people notes of seeing them and tweets etc aren't good enough for analysing the official engagements of the royals.

The historical official record is the CC and that is the only one I use which is why at the moment nothing Harry, or anyone else did, on the 25th, 26th or 27th was an official engagements.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Cepe Smith might have CC records. On her Twitter Page she was discussing BRF engagement numbers for November a couple of days ago.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I completely agree that reporting on the CC is a hot mess today.
I assume that, before the digital age, inequities, purposeful snubs/acknowledgements and general sloppiness occurred (only with less way to verify it).
Thus it has ever been and thus it will ever be IMO. It will improve at times and get worse at others. That will continue too.
Just interpreting the implicit meaning behind the updates on the CC as we see them today:
  • Anne is highly organized and puts it out there on TRD. She plans; she goes; she is the Energizer bunny of the BRF. She wants any credit we give her. Her Royal Diary is up to date but the CC is out of her influence.
  • JMO, but Phillip and QEII are at an age and health level where they are not willing to give much advance notice on the Royal Diary and don't care that the CC updates slowly. They act/think seasonally and it shows in the work of their courtiers.
  • JMO but I think Charles is still in a position to do more work than his mum, but not to outpace her in our expectations of reporting on TCC and TRD. He follows the lead for obvious reasons.
  • Again JMO, but Wills, Harry and Kate are battling any reason for the public to pay them more attention than Charles, Andrew and the other Senior Royals. They do not want the limelight for a host of personal and political reasons. They do not see it as their role to outperform the rest of the family by demanding that their CC and RD be kept in a timely manner.
  • The rest of the working family do not have the power or the desire to ignite those who tend the CC.
That's my thinking on why all this is ridiculously untimely.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I have the info on my PC - no access currently. I'll put it up tomorrow.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

That would be great Cepe.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

25-27 November

Buckingham Palace
25th November, 2016
The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

Clarence House
25th November, 2016
The Prince of Wales this afternoon attended a Seminar at Lower Swell, Gloucestershire, organised by the Sustainable Food Trust.

Kensington Palace
25th November, 2016
Prince Henry of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, today carried out the following engagements in St Lucia.
His Royal Highness this morning attended a Cricket Match at the Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet.
Prince Henry of Wales this afternoon launched The Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy in St Lucia at Pigeon Island.
His Royal Highness afterwards broke the ground at a racecourse development at Vieux-Fort for the St Lucia Turf Club.
Prince Henry of Wales later visited Soufrière.
His Royal Highness subsequently departed St Lucia for St Vincent.

Buckingham Palace
25th November, 2016
The Princess Royal, Patron, Royal National Children’s Foundation, this morning received Mr Colin Morrison upon relinquishing his appointment as Chairman and Mr Kevin Parry upon assuming the appointment.
Her Royal Highness later attended the British Horse Society’s Annual Awards Ceremony at Saddlers’ Hall, 40 Gutter Lane, London EC2, and was presented with The Queen’s Award for Equestrianism.

Clarence House
26th November, 2016
The Duchess of Cornwall today attended the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury Racecourse and was received by Her Majesty’s LordLieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire (Mr James Puxley).

Kensington Palace
26th November, 2016
Prince Henry of Wales this morning arrived at Kingstown Cruise Ship Terminal Pier, St Vincent, and was received by the Governor General of St Vincent and the Grenadines (Sir Frederick Ballantyne).

His Royal Highness, on behalf of The Queen, then carried out the following engagements in St Vincent.

Prince Henry of Wales this morning visited the Botanical Gardens.

His Royal Highness later visited Vermont Nature Trail and dedicated the Vermont area to The Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy.

Prince Henry of Wales this afternoon visited the turtle conservation initiative at Colonarie Beach.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Reception given by the Governor General of St Vincent and the Grenadines at Kingstown Cruise Ship Terminal Pier.

Prince Henry of Wales afterwards departed St Vincent for Grenada.

Buckingham Palace
27th November, 2016
Mrs Mary Tindal was received by The Queen today when Her Majesty decorated her with the Royal Victorian Medal (Silver).

Kensington Palace
27th November, 2016
The Duke of Gloucester and The Duchess of Gloucester, Patron, Friends of St Paul’s Cathedral, this evening attended the Advent Procession in St Paul’s Cathedral, London EC4.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I completely agree that reporting on the CC is a hot mess today.
I assume that, before the digital age, inequities, purposeful snubs/acknowledgements and general sloppiness occurred (only with less way to verify it).
Thus it has ever been and thus it will ever be IMO. It will improve at times and get worse at others. That will continue too.
Just interpreting the implicit meaning behind the updates on the CC as we see them today:
  • Anne is highly organized and puts it out there on TRD. She plans; she goes; she is the Energizer bunny of the BRF. She wants any credit we give her. Her Royal Diary is up to date but the CC is out of her influence.
  • JMO, but Phillip and QEII are at an age and health level where they are not willing to give much advance notice on the Royal Diary and don't care that the CC updates slowly. They act/think seasonally and it shows in the work of their courtiers.
  • JMO but I think Charles is still in a position to do more work than his mum, but not to outpace her in our expectations of reporting on TCC and TRD. He follows the lead for obvious reasons.
  • Again JMO, but Wills, Harry and Kate are battling any reason for the public to pay them more attention than Charles, Andrew and the other Senior Royals. They do not want the limelight for a host of personal and political reasons. They do not see it as their role to outperform the rest of the family by demanding that their CC and RD be kept in a timely manner.
  • The rest of the working family do not have the power or the desire to ignite those who tend the CC.
That's my thinking on why all this is ridiculously untimely.
The Cambridge's and Harry should care about their work showing up in the CC and RD because it would give a proper view of what they're doing.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Diary is a mystery.

I tracked the events for November, starting at the end of September. The stats are

W/e 2/10 - total of 105 in the diary
31/10 265
30/11 536

HMQ never puts her regular duties in the RD (investitures, ambassadors, PM mtgs etc), only external events, such as visiting a school. She doesn't even record in advance events she is hosting - so neither do any of the royals who might attend. None of the remembrance events were diaried.

POW/Cambs/Harry do diary events but only week/poss 2 weeks in advance. I think this is for security purposes (current level is "critical").

DoY never uses it.

All the others fairly reliable particularly Anne and Edward.

So the RD is not an indicator of future workload at all IMO

Old 12-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The Royal Diary is a mystery.

I tracked the events for November, starting at the end of September. The stats are

W/e 2/10 - total of 105 in the diary
31/10 265
30/11 536

HMQ never puts her regular duties in the RD (investitures, ambassadors, PM mtgs etc), only external events, such as visiting a school. She doesn't even record in advance events she is hosting - so neither do any of the royals who might attend. None of the remembrance events were diaried.

POW/Cambs/Harry do diary events but only week/poss 2 weeks in advance. I think this is for security purposes (current level is "critical").

DoY never uses it.

All the others fairly reliable particularly Anne and Edward.

So the RD is not an indicator of future workload at all IMO
I would hope the whole lot of this stuff is changed in the future, because it's all confusing and really don't make much sense. The system needs to be renewed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Cepe I agree completely. Years ago when I used to look at the Diary, Anne would put a whole month out in advance (or close to it). There were times on the old site when there would be blank appearances for future dates - obviously the app let the person loading the dates to copy and paste blank entries and fill them in as they went.
But Anne has dialed it back to a week or two of notice and I agree that it is likely a security thing.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Cepe I agree completely. Years ago when I used to look at the Diary, Anne would put a whole month out in advance (or close to it). There were times on the old site when there would be blank appearances for future dates - obviously the app let the person loading the dates to copy and paste blank entries and fill them in as they went.
But Anne has dialed it back to a week or two of notice and I agree that it is likely a security thing.
Anne has now loaded her engagements up to 20th January. TOtal of 24 I think. DGLos has loaded 1. Thats it.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you Cepe for putting this information up.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks

Can I ask any British member if Tuesday, 27th is also a public holiday in the UK as it is in Australia? We have it as a public holiday because Christmas Day fell on a Sunday and so we end up with a four day long weekend - with a three day one next weekend with the New Year's Day public holiday falling on Monday.

If it is I won't bother checking the CC until Thursday here for any updates later than the 19th December which is all they are currently up to but there have been reports that Charles did a few engagements later than that and it is normal for a few more Carol Services than I currently have recorded.

NB Christmas Day is usually not recorded unless it falls on a Sunday when 'Divine Service' was held is mentioned but no list of who attended so, just as when it is mentioned at Balmoral, I don't count it for any family member.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Folks

Can I ask any British member if Tuesday, 27th is also a public holiday in the UK as it is in Australia? We have it as a public holiday because Christmas Day fell on a Sunday and so we end up with a four day long weekend - with a three day one next weekend with the New Year's Day public holiday falling on Monday.

If it is I won't bother checking the CC until Thursday here for any updates later than the 19th December which is all they are currently up to but there have been reports that Charles did a few engagements later than that and it is normal for a few more Carol Services than I currently have recorded.

NB Christmas Day is usually not recorded unless it falls on a Sunday when 'Divine Service' was held is mentioned but no list of who attended so, just as when it is mentioned at Balmoral, I don't count it for any family member.
It is indeedy - just as you said