British Royal Family Engagements 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 had 2 foreign tours for Kate. There would have been a third if not for the HG. 2013 and 2015 didn't have tours due to pregnancies.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Funny how the royals themselves don't compete with each other on carrying out official engagements, but royal watchers online and other commenters play this weird game with the total number of engagements the royals carry out.

How do we know they don't compete with each other? For instance, its been said several times over the years that Charles and Anne have a competition going between them about the numbers of engagements performed each year.

When I pushed for a documentation of back room work and meetings by the various royals in my post, it was with the knowledge that few members of the public look in the CC, either online or in The Times.

However, if there is criticism of any particular Royal for not performing enough engagements, a record in the way of notes, video, photographs etc of preparation for engagements could be used to reinforce in the public's mind, via the media, that in fact that Royal is working very hard. At the moment there is virtually nothing to document this extra labour. It all has to be taken on trust most of the time, and this is a sceptical age!

Funny how the royals themselves don't compete with each other on carrying out official engagements, but royal watchers online and other commenters play this weird game with the total number of engagements the royals carry out.
Dman - I will go to my grave believing that Anne competes. Even if no one else is. It's just what I think. I think she likes it when she comes out the hardest working in any year.

Strange comment from someone posting in a thread that does exactly that.

I would have thought that someone who believed that wouldn't bother reading a thread that counts engagements.

Like many people - seems to say one thing and do the opposite.

Dman - I will go to my grave believing that Anne competes. Even if no one else is. It's just what I think. I think she likes it when she comes out the hardest working in any year.

Anne do a great deal of engagements in one day, but royal reporters and correspondents notice that she speed through a lot of her engagements. That's how she's able to fit in so many in one day.

I'm not sure she competes, but her workload is something she's personally comfortable with. She mentioned this in the doc that was made about her a couple of years ago, I believe. The royals do things in their own pace and what they're comfortable with. I don't think they're sitting in their offices plotting out how many more engagements they can get done than another member of the family. Also, Anne is free to do what she want, because her kids are grown and out of the house. She don't have the responsibility William and Catherine have with two crumb snatchers at home.

Strange comment from someone posting in a thread that does exactly that.

I would have thought that someone who believed that wouldn't bother reading a thread that counts engagements.

Like many people - seems to say one thing and do the opposite.

I know the purpose of this thread, but we don't have to tear down a member of the royal family because her number of engagements aren't on the same level as those who's been in the job longer than her, and that has gained a great deal of responsility than she have at this point.

Numbers are different, because all their roles are different from each other.

Last edited:
The only real way to know what a member of the BRF does is to see their diary.

Sophie may work from 9 to 4 and have 6 or 7 engagements in a day because all her engagements are meeting her charities at BP.

Whereas another royal will work from 9 to 5 with only 2 or 3 engagements because they have to travel from point A to point B.

Anne is competitive but I do not think she competes in royal engagements.

Anne likes to stay busy.

The press does not like to cover Anne because she works long hours.

The press wants the quick and easy shot. They prefer the comfort of traveling first class.

Even in 1970/1 when she first visited Africa for Save the Children, she stayed in a tent while the press stayed in a first class hotel. (Video on Youtube.)

In the 1980s, the press preferred to follow C&D because of their short work schedule. They complained that Anne's day started at 7am and did not end until 1am.

The Wales' did not start their day until 10am or 11am and ended by 3 or 4pm.

C&D always went first class. The helicopter came to them.

Anne had to travel 90 minutes to get to the helicopter which was in a remote grassy field.
I could not understand why the helicopter could land at Highgrove for C&D but Anne had to chase down a helicopter. Couldn't C&D allow Anne to board a helicopter at Highgrove? I believe there is a video.

Last edited:
If a popular royal, in this context meaning a royal who the public is interested in, worked from 7 AM-1AM, the reporters and photographers would follow him or her because they know that the stories they filed about the royal will sell papers and/or get clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom