British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a fabulous thing to do too. Its definitely a pulling together of several of the issues that W&K&H are passionate about. It really would be nice for it to be an annual event.

Great idea. Perhaps this could be built into an annual event.
I agree. Or at least semi annual or something. It would be a perfect thing to have reaccuring and a great "mark" for the trio to leave as a tradition. Fits perfectly in with the annual garden parties.

Looks like a terrific way of introducing their charities to people who need support or who have experienced their help. Also to a wider public.

Excellent idea.

But perhaps we should see what the event is like before we expect more

Looks like a terrific way of introducing their charities to people who need support or who have experienced their help. Also to a wider public.

Excellent idea.

But perhaps we should see what the event is like before we expect more

My first thought is that the children's party in Canada was a small scale prototype. I could see different areas for different ages.

I think this is a wonderful idea of taking a new spin on a proven tradition of the Royal Garden Parties.

:previous:

My thought was that if this turned into a continuous event, then it would mean that British Military were continuing to die in service.

But it could be repeated in the duture for other groups that risk their lives such as emergency services, including SAR or RNLI

It doesn't always have to be children of deceased military people. You could do kids who lost parent in the emergency services, kids who parents are deployed overseas in the military, children of special needs , hospices etc . Basically kids with something in common where they can have some fun but families can network with other families that have same problems

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will host a reception to mark the launch of the UK-India Year of Culture, Feb 27

The Duke of Kent as Patron of Bloodwise and the Countess of Wessex attended a gala performance of 'The Girls' at the Phoenix Theatre in London yesterday, February 20, in support of the Bloodwise charity:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will host a reception to mark the launch of the UK-India Year of Culture, Feb 27

I believe Prince Edward is attending this reception as well. There's normally a good turn out of royals for the receptions the Queen holds so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more attending.

I believe Prince Edward is attending this reception as well. There's normally a good turn out of royals for the receptions the Queen holds so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more attending.
Probably some cousins :)

Video:
Bands of the Guards Division perform Indian Arrangement ahead of the reception to launch of the UK-India Year of Culture 2017-
Home - ITNSource News

Prince William and Princess Kate were transported back to the colorful sights and exquisite smells of Indian cuisine when they joined Queen Elizabeth at a Buckingham Palace party to celebrate cultural ties on Monday.

The royal couple, who visited the country for a memorable tour last April, helped host the bash marking the launch of U.K.-India Year of Culture 2017.
Read more: William and Kate Join the Queen for Special Indian Evening at the Palace

That dress/Sari worn by Ayesha Dharker is beautiful!

The Queen looks great!

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Princess Eugenie of York
The Earl of Wessex
Тhe Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
Prince Michael of Kent

It will be interesting to see who the CC says was in attendance - assuming that it is every updated online again - last update is still the 16th February (I have never known it to be this slack).

I know there have been official events that one or other of the York girls (and even Andrew) have attended where their presence hasn't been noted in the CC.

The Duke of Kent as Patron of Bloodwise and the Countess of Wessex attended a gala performance of 'The Girls' at the Phoenix Theatre in London yesterday, February 20, in support of the Bloodwise charity:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Here's an additional gallery and a pictured article of the gala performance last week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery ** bloodwise article **

Something tells me that Kunal Nayyar didn't have to down a few grasshoppers before being able to speak to the Queen but I can imagine that the butterflies in his stomach were pretty active at the time.

He is an amazing actor and I just love his character on Big Bang Theory and I think he expressed the difference between meeting a celebrity and the Queen quite eloquently and correctly. I'm glad he and his wife were able to be a part of the gala to mark the beginning of the UK-India Year of Culture 2017. It will be a night that the two of them will long remember as a highlight.

Last edited:
Any pictures yet of today's event?

Queen thanks military who helped bring 'peace' to Iraq and Afghanistan at national memorial service
The Queen, Theresa May and former prime minister Tony Blair were among those paying tribute to the Armed Forces and civilians who served their country during the Gulf War and conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They were joined by the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall for the moving service at Horse Guards Parade in central London ahead of the unveiling of a national memorial.

Former prime ministers Sir John Major, David Cameron and Mr Blair - under whose leadership the conflicts were fought - also attended, along with other senior ministers.

Toddler has a bit of a meltdown in front of the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Kate Middleton, William and Harry honour British heroes | Daily Mail Online

Articles with videos:
Iraq and Afghanistan wars memorial unveiled - BBC News

Iraq and Afghanistan national war memorial unveiled by the Queen - ITV News

Video:
A national war memorial dedicated to military personnel and civilians who served and died in Iraq and Afghanistan has been unveiled by the Queen. The monument is situated in Victoria Embankment Gardens in the shadow of the Ministry of Defence building. Ahead of the official unveiling, a Drumhead Service was held at Horse Guards Parade attended by around 2,500 invited guests including representatives of veterans, current service personnel and bereaved families.
Home - ITNSource News

Last edited:
Those countries/regions haven't had peace in centuries.

LaRae

"Bring peace to Iraq"... For the love of God.. Hope she knows what exactly her troops helped bring..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom