British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whose birthday is being celebrated? The Queen looks in excellent spirits if a little more bowed than usual. The DM keeps calling her gorgeous wrap black. It looks like a charcoal or deep grey to me.

So THAT’S what’s in her handbag! The Queen clutches a purse emblazoned with her friend Archduchess Helen of Austria as she leaves her 80th birthday party at The Ivy

Monarch, 91, displayed purse as she left London restaurant last night
Item personalised with photo of Archduchess Helen of Austria
Archduchess, a close friend of the Queen, marked her 80th birthday at The Ivy
Bespoke coin purses were given to departing guests as gifts

more about Helen:
Eurohistory: Happy Birthday Archduchess Helen!

edited: It's interesting that her daughter is a handbag designer

Last edited:
Video:
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and members of the royal family held a moment of silence for the victims of the Manchester Arena Bombing-
Home - ITNSource News

The Duke of Kent as President of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence as Vice-Chairman attended a service of thanksgiving to celebrate the Centenary of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission at Westminster Abbey yesterday, May 23:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** cwgc.org article and gallery **

** westminster-abbey: Commonwealth War Graves Commission Marks Centenary **

How lovely to see both men attend. Tim seems to be quite a nice guy and does quite a bit for charities and organisations.

Last edited:
The Queen could be staying at Craigowan Lodge as she does before the Castle opens to the public in the summer. I was watching a video of her visit to the Duchy of Lancaster the other day and it picked up part of a conversation she was having in which she said "yes we are staying for the bank holiday" or something to that effect.

1 June 2017

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave an Afternoon Party in the garden of Buckingham Palace.
The Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy and The Duchess of Gloucester were present.
Her Majesty's Body Guard of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms and The Queen's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard were on duty.
The Bands of the Scots Guards and The Queen's Division played selections of music during the afternoon.

Garden Party at Buckingham Palace Photos and Images | Getty Images

It would've been so great to see the Cambridge family enjoying a family day out at polo. For some reason, they just don't do it.

Probably because chasing after two active kids by yourself in a risky environment when cameras are trained on your every move (all the while knowing that it'll make front page news if either someone else has to jump in to grab your kid if they make a break for the ponies or one of the kids has a temper tantrum) *isn't* actually an enjoyable day out?

Mike and Zara have two adults to one kid. Kate, while William was getting ready and playing, would have two kids to one adult. Vastly, vastly different odds. And you know she'd be criticised if Maria was there.

TBH, I think the press and public have set themselves up for disappointment: every single time she has brought George to the polo, she's been criticised from one quarter or another. So why not keep the kids home and play with them there; she'll be criticised either way: this way the kids will be safe and she'll enjoy her time with them.

Probably because chasing after two active kids by yourself in a risky environment when cameras are trained on your every move (all the while knowing that it'll make front page news if either someone else has to jump in to grab your kid if they make a break for the ponies or one of the kids has a temper tantrum) *isn't* actually an enjoyable day out?

Mike and Zara have two adults to one kid. Kate, while William was getting ready and playing, would have two kids to one adult. Vastly, vastly different odds. And you know she'd be criticised if Maria was there.

TBH, I think the press and public have set themselves up for disappointment: every single time she has brought George to the polo, she's been criticised from one quarter or another. So why not keep the kids home and play with them there; she'll be criticised either way: this way the kids will be safe and she'll enjoy her time with them.

I don't know. It's just we don't get a chance to see the Cambridge family enjoying a relaxed day out. They could even go to the Windsor Horse Show and enjoy playing with their cousins on the swings and slides. We see more of the Tindalls and Phillips's enjoying relaxed family outings than the Cambridge's.

Shame George and Charlotte couldn't join in the fun

Yeah, well, I've sorta given up thinking we'll see the Cambridge family enjoying a nice family outing together. Although it would be nice to see the family out and enjoying the day with their cousins.

It would have been great yo see the Cambridge kids out there. I am sure Geirge would gave had a riot playing with the girls. Charlotte is said to love horses. It's not like Kate would have had no help. It's not like the parents focus on their kids alone. Mike and Zara were happily playing with their nieces, sure George and Charlotte could happily join in. Besides, make it sound like taking two kids out on own is some big task. Would be nice to see the kids out just being kids, and not waiting till next birthday for shots.

It is a 3 1/2 hour trip one way from Anmer to Tetbury. Not a day trip for small children. Princess Anne's granddaughters live much closer.

Basically I think that whatever decisions the Cambridges make in taking their kids out on a family outing is totally up to them. They have absolutely no obligation to parade their lives and their children in front of the masses if they don't want to. They probably do have a lot of family time together and go on outings and do stuff that we just don't know about and to be honest, I'm happy it is that way for them.

They're a family and not a dog and pony show on parade for the gawking public to analyze and dissect to the nth degree. I agree with them keeping their family life and their kids out of the public eye as much as possible. I'd do the same.

It is a 3 1/2 hour trip one way from Anmer to Tetbury. Not a day trip for small children. Princess Anne's granddaughters live much closer.

It's a little over one hour's driving distance from Bucklebury and Middleton Manor to Tetbury, though. It could be done as the Cambridges often stay with the Middletons.

They don't have to parade the kids before the masses, Osipi. It would be nice to see the Cambridge family enjoying a fun day out with their cousins. Everyone is very relaxed and enjoying themselves. Yes, the media is there and they are very aware of that, but no one is allowing that to distract them from having a good time. The Cambridge's would've enjoyed the day with their cousins.

They don't have to parade the kids before the masses, Osipi. It would be nice to see the Cambridge family enjoying a fun day out with their cousins. Everyone is very relaxed and enjoying themselves. Yes, the media is there and they are very aware of that, but no one is allowing that to distract them from having a good time. The Cambridge's would've enjoyed the day with their cousins.

I think that perhaps they do visit and play together sometimes. Maybe not. We don't know. I just think its better to keep public exposure of high profile children to a very minimum. The Cambridges opted out of taking their children to this event. Its their prerogative.

We don't need to see them enjoying friends and family.

They do have to ensure that George, in particular, connects with his future subjects and they aren't doing that. If the people have no feeling that they are involved in some way with the child then that connection could easily result in no connection when the child is an adult.

The Queen Mum understood that very well and insisted on regular film footage being shown of her family.

The Queen and Philip also had regular footage of them with Charles and Anne and then later with the younger boys.

Charles and Diana did it with William and Harry. Why do you think so many people felt for those boys during the week of her death? Because they felt that they 'knew' the boys as they had seen them grow up.

William is denying that connection from building with his future subjects by only allowing two or three photos a year to be issued and rarely even with more than one child at time. A day like this was a great opportunity missed to see the Cambridge's 'at play' as we used to see with Diana when she would take the boys to watch Charles play polo (and with nanny there to help her as well).

For a man who has claimed he doesn't want his children to grow up 'behind palace gates' he has a funny way of showing it as his children are never seen outside the palace walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom