The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke & Duchess & Prince Harry will host a tea party at Buckingham Palace for children of those who have died serving in the Armed Forces

TRH want the day to provide an opportunity for children to broaden their support networks among families with similar experiences

The 'Party at the Palace' will take place on 13th May and will be a fun and family focused event

https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duches...t-party-palace
Here's another copy of the handwritten letter by #PrinceHarry sent to the children invited to #PartyAtThePalace on May 13.

https://twitter.com/_peppersmint_/st...14928697786368

Old 04-16-2017, 06:13 AM
Majesty

Any Easter pictures from St George's yet?

Old 04-16-2017, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Harriet Line‏ @HarriLine
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join the Queen for the Easter Mattins Service at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle

https://twitter.com/HarriLine/status/853546819011440641
Old 04-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Here are pics of today's Easter Day church service:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Duchess of Cambridge looks radiant in a recycled cream coat as she joins Prince William, Princess Beatrice and other royals.. **
Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
Members of the royal family arriving at Easter service at St. George's Chapel, Windsor-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...#39;s%20Chapel

Royal Departure at Easter Service-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...20at%20Windsor

This is the first time the Cambridge's have attended Easter Service at Windsor. Charles and his family stopped attending in the late 90's. Funny thing is I actually pictured them attending in my mind yesterday.

Of course Harry is with Meghan.

The DM got it wrong. The Cambridge's spent Easter with the royal family. Catherine curtsied to The Queen because its respectable protocol to do so. Not that she havent seen The Queen already that day.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-16-2017, 10:05 AM
Aristocracy

It is always nice to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, but I was kind of hoping the Easter service would now on just be the Queen and her younger children's families attending, like an opposite version of the balcony appearance at the Diamond Jubilee or the Diplomatic Reception.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
It is always nice to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, but I was kind of hoping the Easter service would now on just be the Queen and her younger children's families attending, like an opposite version of the balcony appearance at the Diamond Jubilee or the Diplomatic Reception.

I don't understand why. It's Easter. Families tend to get together. I think it's nice Kate and William joined them this year. HM and Prince Philip won't live forever.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

The Diplomatic Reception is on behalf of the government. It's not a family thing. Charles and William are future Heads of State. Part of the job is meeting the foreign ambassadors. The Diamond jubilee was a one time thing. There is a big family balcony scene every Trooping.

People went crazy at Christmas when the Cambridges didn't go to Sandringham because the Queen is old. It could be her last Christmas. Now when they go to Easter with the Queen for the first time, people still complain
Old 04-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Like Christmas, Easter is a time for family. I always love seeing the extended family all together

Do Charles and Camilla have some events coming up in Scotland? Or did they simply opt to spend Easter at Birkhall?
Old 04-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Diplomatic Reception is on behalf of the government. It's not a family thing. Charles and William are future Heads of State. Part of the job is meeting the foreign ambassadors. The Diamond jubilee was a one time thing. There is a big family balcony scene every Trooping.

People went crazy at Christmas when the Cambridges didn't go to Sandringham because the Queen is old. It could be her last Christmas. Now when they go to Easter with the Queen for the first time, people still complain
When it come to the Cambridges, people (a very loud minority) always complain, and I'm so tired of it.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen & Royal Family Arrive & Leave St George's Chapel Windsor Easter Sunday Service.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Who's the family standing outside when the Queen is leaving?

LaRae
Old 04-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

It's the little kid giving flowers to the Queen family
Old 04-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah ok thanks!

LaRae
Old 04-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Videos:
Members of the royal family arriving at Easter service at St. George's Chapel, Windsor-
Home - ITNSource News

Royal Departure at Easter Service-
Home - ITNSource News

This is the first time the Cambridge's have attended Easter Service at Windsor. Charles and his family stopped attending in the late 90's. Funny thing is I actually pictured them attending in my mind yesterday.

Of course Harry is with Meghan.

The DM got it wrong. The Cambridge's spent Easter with the royal family. Catherine curtsied to The Queen because its respectable protocol to do so. Not that she havent seen The Queen already that day.
Why then didn't the York girls curtsey?

The DM is actually correct. If it is the first time they have seen them that day, at a private event such as this, they do curtsey. If they have already seen her that day then they don't need to do so again.

The Yorks and Wessexes live on the Windsor estate and in all probability had seen the Queen earlier in the day while the Cambridge's drove up from London for the service. The children remained at KP.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I notice no one seems to be commenting on the fact that Charles and Camilla aren't at Windsor - not surprising as they tend to spend Easter in Scotland. My sources say that Camilla's family often join them there but not Charles'.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 -

The Wessexes bowed and curtesied when the Queen entered. It's on the video. You can also see Peter and Autumn do it too on the video. It's definitely on the first time seeing on the day. When Kate did it to Philip on the balcony during Trooping, she didn't to the Queen so she saw her already.

The kids could have just as easily be up in Windsor Castle with Nanny Maria. I would imagine the family would have a lunch after going to church. Savannah and Isla were probably there too.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
When it come to the Cambridges, people (a very loud minority) always complain, and I'm so tired of it.
I was just talking about just the Cambridges, but they were the first to interrupt this scenario. I wasn't even talking about just the Wales branch. The Linleys and Chattos use to attend (I think) as well and when they stopped I thought the Queen had me made it like I as mentioned above.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why then didn't the York girls curtsey?

The DM is actually correct. If it is the first time they have seen them that day, at a private event such as this, they do curtsey. If they have already seen her that day then they don't need to do so again.

The Yorks and Wessexes live on the Windsor estate and in all probability had seen the Queen earlier in the day while the Cambridge's drove up from London for the service. The children remained at KP.
The Countess of Wessex curtsied too. Look at the ITN SOURCE video. Most likely the kids were at Windsor with the rest of the family. The cousins get together, play and catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I notice no one seems to be commenting on the fact that Charles and Camilla aren't at Windsor - not surprising as they tend to spend Easter in Scotland. My sources say that Camilla's family often join them there but not Charles'.
Charles and his family stopped going to Windsor for Easter in the mid 90's. This is the first time William has been there for Easter since then. The first time for Catherine too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-16-2017, 07:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
I don't understand. This is not a photo op! The Queen it not just the nominal Head of the CofE, she is well known as a devout practising Christian whose children were brought up attending church.

Traditionally her family, and often her extended family, join her for Easter and/or Christmas holidays and accompany her to Church. This Easter it was just the Phillips family whose riotous imps were probably running the Nannies ragged with George and Charlotte back at the Castle. The little ones don't join the adults at Church until they are old enough to sit through a service and not expect to be entertained.

As to paying respects to the Queen, the DF blathered on so much about Catherine and her curtsey and then her hat and totally failed to mention William standing right behind her and giving a wonderfully correct bow, nor did Sophie's elegant dip get a mention.