The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Well they did use State cars for the church service for the Queen's 90th and some other events. Personally I think its just easier and for security reasons, remember when Charles and Camilla's car was attacked it was commented that those big big cars are harder to move around London and easier to attack.
The fact is most people don't know the reception is happening so there will not be big crowds lining the route that need/want to see W&K (unlike the highly publicised events they have use state limousines for) so the "regular" Bentley will do.

I wonder if we will get group photo of HM and senior royals like last time?

Old 12-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They do have access to them. They just choose to use their official cars more.
Is that a statement of fact or an assumption on your part? Can you back up your statement please?

Old 12-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Is that a statement of fact or an assumption on your part? Can you back up your statement please?
Muriel, they have access to the State Cars. William and Catherine usually use them for Trooping the Colour, The Jubilee services, opening of the 2012 Olympics, and Remembrance Sunday. It’s just for this Diplomatic Corps Reception, they choose to use their regular official car.

All facts.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Hope that the outrider is not seriously injured.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Man o man, Caatherine is beautiful. I’m not a big fashion guy but she floats my boat as we say out east
Old 12-06-2017, 12:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Muriel, they have access to the State Cars. William and Catherine usually use them for Trooping the Colour, The Jubilee services, opening of the 2012 Olympics, and Remembrance Sunday. It’s just for this Diplomatic Corps Reception, they choose to use their regular official car.

All facts.
There is no doubt that W&C have used the state cars on a few occasions, usually those that involve a ceremonial procession or arrival. For events like those, more junior royals like the Yorks and Wessex families get yo use them as well. However, other than the Rolls used by C&C for ceremonial events, the cars are only used by the Queen and the DoE. IMO, they are not available for other members of the BRF to use more generally.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

What is the difference between state cars and official cars?
Both different from personal cars I presume?
Old 12-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne as Commodore-in-Chief Portsmouth attended the commissioning of HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH at HM Naval Base in Portsmouth today, December 7:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Lizzie, meet Big Lizzie! Her Majesty visits the UK's biggest and most powerful warship EVER as she welcomes .. **
Old 12-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh that cake is just too cute. I love it where they have the figure depicting the Queen holding up the sign that says "ME" to denote that the ship was named HMS Queen Elizabeth II.

I bet HM got a real good chuckle out of that one.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video: Queen’s Speech-
HM The Queen and HRH The Princess Royal Attends the Commissioning Ceremony for the HMS Queen Elizabeth in Portsmouth-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...-navy?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Courtier

I particularly liked "my husband....the Lord High Admiral...."

It was one of those little reminders Her Majesty drops in from time to time to let us know that whilst we think of them very fondly, they aren't just any elderly couple!
Old 12-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Majesty

I have to wonder what the Queen thinks about all the familiarity between the public and others when it comes to the members of the family. The blurred lines...the younger royals trying to be or fit in with one of the people(s).

I can't imagine the Queen going to a youth center and talking about various issues or going to an AIDS discussion. Much different times now.

LaRae
Old 12-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Courtier

I'm sure that HM gives them advice on being friendly but not too friendly. After all, the more like the people they become the less need there will actually be for them. The Prince of Wales will no doubt be the bridge between the two generations in the style of monarchy but sadly I can't see the Queen's style being adopted by her grandson or great grandson.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
I'm sure that HM gives them advice on being friendly but not too friendly. After all, the more like the people they become the less need there will actually be for them. The Prince of Wales will no doubt be the bridge between the two generations in the style of monarchy but sadly I can't see the Queen's style being adopted by her grandson or great grandson.
I agree. As much as I like HM grandsons, sometimes I think they are too open in their style. The times are changing as the “mystique” becomes more transparent IMO.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
After all, the more like the people they become the less need there will actually be for them.
You're not wrong. And that's why i like to see the ladies in tiaras; I like my royalty to LOOK like royalty. OK, so part of it's a dream, but what's wrong with dreaming?
Old 12-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
You're not wrong. And that's why i like to see the ladies in tiaras; I like my royalty to LOOK like royalty. OK, so part of it's a dream, but what's wrong with dreaming?
That part is really a shame, I think. I do hope Charles and Camilla are more generous with opening up the vault and loaning to Kate and Meghan (with more limits, obviously) in the next reign.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:17 AM
Nobility

Kate has a lovely profile in these pictures. She looks very elegant in profile from the (brief) glimpses we get of her going into this event.

Meanwhile, Camilla nearly blinds with the bling. I love a royal woman who can pull off those big guns! Well done Camilla.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Majesty

On Thursday 14 December the Grenfell Tower National Memorial Service will take place at St Paul's. The service will be attended by The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

https://www.stpauls.co.uk/worship-mu...hope-and-unity
Old 12-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh that cake is just too cute. I love it where they have the figure depicting the Queen holding up the sign that says "ME" to denote that the ship was named HMS Queen Elizabeth II.

I bet HM got a real good chuckle out of that one.
Isn't that adorable? Kudos to the bakers who came up with the idea
Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

Do we know when the traditional cousin Christmas lunch is? I would think next week, right? I love that she invites the entire family together. I hope Charles keeps up that tradition.