The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Jo Tweedy in the fail don't know who Lady Sarah Chatto is, the same goes for Vickiie Oliphant in the lying express.
Queen in Balmoral for last church service - but no Prince Philip | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Quote:
The 90-year-old was snapped in a vibrant turquoise and cream hat, teamed with a co-ordinated thick tweed jacket, mid blue skirt and black gloves.
HM is 91, not 90.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh gosh, I don't even know how some of the "reporters" for the rag press even got their jobs. Lots of regular people are unaware of who Lady Sarah is, but the point is that Jo Tweedy and the other authors of the Express articles are journalists and should know who they are writing about.

It's a shame because the Daily Fail has great photos, but the content of their articles isn't really worth reading most of the time.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There are some additional photos of the queen and royal family attending Sunday Service at Craithie church near Balmoral.

The Queen's summer break at Balmoral ends | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Oh gosh, I don't even know how some of the "reporters" for the rag press even got their jobs. Lots of regular people are unaware of who Lady Sarah is, but the point is that Jo Tweedy and the other authors of the Express articles are journalists and should know who they are writing about.

It's a shame because the Daily Fail has great photos, but the content of their articles isn't really worth reading most of the time.
You're right, most people are unaware of who Lady Sarah is, but journalists should (as you wrote) know who they are writing about.

And both Fail Online and the Express have had several articles about her, especially after her participation in the BBC documentary ''Elizabeth at 90'' last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
There are some additional photos of the queen and royal family attending Sunday Service at Craithie church near Balmoral.

The Queen's summer break at Balmoral ends | Daily Mail Online
That's the same article that Dman posted earlier today, and Sarah Chatto is still being described as an aide to the Queen.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, the locals and staff go to church there as well.
Thanks for the response. What I really want to know is whether I could go to church there when I am in Scotland next year. I don't think the royals would be there, but if they are, can I go to church with them?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts relating to the Queen's attendance at the Remembrance Day Service have been moved to the Remembrance Day Services: 2003-2017 - The Royal Forums thread.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Majesty

The Queen and Princess Anne at a reception tonight for 100 years of Women in Navy

The Queen attends Navy reception with Princess Anne | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of the anniversary reception:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Queen & Princess Royal Attend WRNS 100 At the Army & Navy Club **
Old 10-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

HM with her amazing smile is looking great.

Article from the Telegraph:
Queen meets Bletchley Park veteran to help mark the centenary of the Women's Royal Naval Service
Quote:
The Queen met a Bletchley Park veteran as she helped mark the centenary of the Women's Royal Naval Service (WRNS) and the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps.

The visit to the Army and Navy Club was the Queen's first public event in London since her Balmoral summer break.

It comes a day after the announcement she will not lay a wreath at the Cenotaph this year as part of the annual Remembrance Sunday ceremony.
Video from ITN:
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would imagine that HM really enjoyed this centenary as she can personally identify with it. The Queen was a truck mechanic for the Auxiliary Territorial Service which was the women's branch of the British Army during WWII.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine that HM really enjoyed this centenary as she can personally identify with it. The Queen was a truck mechanic for the Auxiliary Territorial Service which was the women's branch of the British Army during WWII.
She is Patron - it is a Naval event.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She is Patron - it is a Naval event.
Actually, with reading the article, it states that the Queen met a Bletchley Park veteran as she helped mark the centenary of the Women's Royal Naval Service (WRNS) and the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

A long quote from a very long, but pretty good Fail article from Rebecca English tonight - really worth a read - see eya's post 427.

Quote:
She also met three sprightly ladies - aged 90, 92 and 94 - who, like her, served in the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) during the Second World War, the Queen, 91, smiled and remarked: 'You're looking well on it.'

'And so, may I say, are you,' said Joan De-Val, a truly youthful-looking 92.

Among the ladies she met was Betty Ebb, 94, from Birmingham, who worked with the legendary code breakers at Bletchley Park.

The Queen, who has taken a keen interest in the work undertaken there, exclaimed: 'Bletchley Park!' when they were introduced.

Mrs Ebb worked registering the messages that came in for the code breakers and only found out two years ago that her department dealt with those referring to the Holocaust.

The Queen appeared fascinated and could be heard to say: 'And yes many have only found out recently, haven't they?'

Despite being a year older than Barbara Danter, 90, from Nottingham, who served in the ATS from 1941-44, she bent down to talk to her in her wheelchair, asking about what she did.

'She is such a remarkable woman,' said Mrs Danter.

'I told her about how I used to work in the post office, getting the letters, packages and parcels to the troops abroad. She seemed very interested.'

Joan De-Val, 92, who worked with the anti aircraft troops on the south coast, said of their meeting: 'When I told her what I had done she said 'you were busy'. She really is fantastic. There's not a lot of ladies who are still working in the way she is at the age of 90. Let's be honest, there are very few of us who would swap their lives for hers.'

All three ladies said they would be at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday and asked about her recent decision not to lay a wreath any more, Mrs De-Val said: 'I really don't blame her. She has to stand on her feet for such a long time. I think we are all very grateful for what she has done for us and is continuing to do. None of us could do it!'

In a speech, Colonel Ian Paterson, chairman of the Army and Navy Club, thanked the Queen for her support over the years.

Referring to some work that is being done on its historical Pall Mall building, he said they'll call on her in a few more years to officially re-open it, promoting the monarch to give a comical toss of her head and a snort.
Some tweets from Rebecca English tonight:

Rebecca @RE_DailyMail
I'm with the Queen tonight at the Army & Navy Club as she undertakes her first official engagement in London since returning from Balmoral - photos:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...28527531741189

Rebecca English‏ @RE_DailyMail
The Queen arrives at the Army and Navy Club:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...30019063992320

Video: The Queen arrives at the Army and Navy Club:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...32671306858496

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Video: The Queen seems on very good form tonight, smiling broadly - the Highland air clearly agrees with her!:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...31365179674625

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
The Queen, 91, speaks to fellow ATS lady Barbara Danter, 90:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...35241559674880

Video: Don't you just love the way HM - 91 - is bending down to speak to fellow ATS lady Barbara, 90?:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...35791508418560

The Queen signs a visitors book before she leaves:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...42915814739971

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
Video: The Queen was on her feet for 45 minutes tonight and on sparkling form as she celebrated the centenary of the WRNS and the WRAC:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...54055227604996

The magnificent ATS ladies - Barbara, 90, Joan, 92 & Betty, 94, (l-r) - who met HM. I definitely want a pinch of what they're having!:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...54675028295680

Princess Anne left her mum to get on and do what she does best tonight - but they could often be seen smiling and exchanging glances.

From me: Really nice to see HM out and about again, and as Sky News Royal Correspondent Rhiannon Mills said tonight: ''The Queen remains the House of Windsor's greatest asset''.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Majesty

Court Circular 18/10

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales this morning gave a Reception for the finalists of BBC Radio One’s Teen Hero Awards at Kensington Palace.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-23-2017, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Court Circular 18/10

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales this morning gave a Reception for the finalists of BBC Radio One’s Teen Hero Awards at Kensington Palace.
Photos from the event:
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...02981026476032
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...58305714958336
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...01968840282113
Old 10-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

OK - Harry got "shirts" at the wheel chair event. Plural. "Shirts." In photos, one says "Harry;" what about the other(s)?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
OK - Harry got "shirts" at the wheel chair event. Plural. "Shirts." In photos, one says "Harry;" what about the other(s)?
I can pretty much guess what is on the other shirt but I don't want to speculate. It just makes sense that as Harry and William brush up on the people they're going to be meeting at an event, its also quite possible that those that are going to meet the princes also do a bit of brushing up. From watching the video, its apparent that the conversations between the the princes and the people they meet isn't always on a strict, protocol level, its very possible that when thinking of Harry, they'd also think about who he's involved with. Similar to someone showing up at an event when Kate was pregnant with George and William was handed a little onesie that had "Daddy's Little Co-Pilot" on it.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I can pretty much guess what is on the other shirt but I don't want to speculate. It just makes sense that as Harry and William brush up on the people they're going to be meeting at an event, its also quite possible that those that are going to meet the princes also do a bit of brushing up. From watching the video, its apparent that the conversations between the the princes and the people they meet isn't always on a strict, protocol level, its very possible that when thinking of Harry, they'd also think about who he's involved with. Similar to someone showing up at an event when Kate was pregnant with George and William was handed a little onesie that had "Daddy's Little Co-Pilot" on it.
I think it's just a press tease/typo. Only pics I can find show just one shirt. Hrumph.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:39 PM
Majesty

We'll never know. Harry knows but he ain't talking.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and the Prince of Wales visited the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment at Hyde Park Barracks in London today, October 24:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Pleased to meet you, Ma'am! Queen is introduced to the Household Cavalry's new drum horse Big Red..**