The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2017, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the story Prince William joined his father at Balmoral for the annual Ghillies Ball, which is thrown for the staff of the royal residence.

Prince William accompanies the Queen to church | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-24-2017, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
According to the story Prince William joined his father at Balmoral for the annual Ghillies Ball, which is thrown for the staff of the royal residence.

Prince William accompanies the Queen to church | Daily Mail Online
In that first photo, he has Edward's smile Prince William accompanies the Queen to church in Balmoral | Daily Mail Online.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:45 AM
Courtier

Has anyone heard anything about the US State Visit?
It’s October already and nothing has been announced. I assumed the visit would be in 5-6 weeks, seems a bit late for announcing.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Waiting to see about the Cambridges going to Scandinavia too...that might be called off though due to Kate's H.G.

LaRae
Old 10-02-2017, 12:59 AM
Courtier

I don’t think they would cancel the trip, William would just go alone. Anyway, this trip was announced for November, there’s every indication that Kate will be ok by then and able to make it. I also expect the Cambridges to be involved with the state visit.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess I expected to hear more specifics about the trip already.

LaRae
Old 10-02-2017, 01:16 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the US State Visit?
It’s October already and nothing has been announced. I assumed the visit would be in 5-6 weeks, seems a bit late for announcing.
The official word is that the US-UK state visit has been postponed until sometime in 2018. That is all the information available.

Trump's UK visit pushed to 2018 - CNN
Old 10-02-2017, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Waiting to see about the Cambridges going to Scandinavia too...that might be called off though due to Kate's H.G.

LaRae
I'm really (and I mean really) waiting for news about that too.

Some facts/possibilities:

1. If the November tour will be to the Scandinavian countries, then I think (as I wrote in the ''Harry: Official Visit to Denmark'' thread) that it's a very rich and extremely beautiful little country in the north who stands outside the EU who will be the main target of this charm offensive by the British government. By that I mean Norway of course.

2. And I don't know how likely it is with a Cambridge tour to Denmark right after Harry's trip.

3. I don't think the November tour will be called off due to Kate's H.G. If Kate can't go, then William (as Princess Larisa wrote) would just go by himself as he did when he went to Japan and China.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The official word is that the US-UK state visit has been postponed until sometime in 2018. That is all the information available.
I wonder if there will be a different State Visit in late November instead? Don’t know how likely that would be, guess it depends on when they knew of the cancellation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I'm really (and I mean really) waiting for news about that too.

Some facts/possibilities:

1. If the November tour will be to the Scandinavian countries, then I think (as I wrote in the ''Harry: Official Visit to Denmark'' thread) that it's a very rich and extremely beautiful little country in the north who stands outside the EU who will be the main target of this charm offensive by the British government. By that I mean Norway of course.
I might be wrong, but I just assumed they would do two countries with 2-3 days in each, like their tour of Poland and Germany. Going by what William said, Norway and Sweden seem likely to me with maybe Finland also included.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Isn't it kinda odd that they are having Harry solo going to Scandinavia then less than a month later the Cambridges going?

LaRae
Old 10-02-2017, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

The only major state event scheduled for this year would be the Diplomatic Corps Reception in December. The US State Visit penciled in to 2018.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Isn't it kinda odd that they are having Harry solo going to Scandinavia then less than a month later the Cambridges going?

LaRae

How is 2 days in Copenhagen=Scandinavia? It like saying because the Cambridges went to Paris in March, there is no need for them to go to Germany and Poland is July. They don't announce the specifics of a tour until right before a tour. It's a high terror threat environment in Europe right now so they aren't going to give the terrorists a 2 month head start on where the VIPs are going to be.

William said Norway at the garden party. So it's probably Norway and it's closest neighbors of Sweden and/or Finland.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

1. Agree, but he also said ''we are going to do a Scandinavian trip''.

2. Scandinavia consists of the countries: Norway, Denmark and Sweden.

3. So if they are going to visit Finland as well, then it will be a Nordic tour, not Scandinavian.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Administrator

On October 4 Princess Anne, Princess Michael of Kent and the Duke and Duchess of Kent attended the memorial mass for Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor at Westminster Cathedral:

** flickr gallery ** catholicherald: Princess Anne attends Cardinal Cormac’s memorial Mass **
Old 10-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Kent did not attend. From the CC:

The Duke of Kent, also representing The Duchess of Kent, was present

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen, Lady Sarah Chatto, and The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay attending church this Sunday morning-
The Queen's summer break at Balmoral ends | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

I am not sure that this is the right thread, but I wonder if anyone can answer a few questions. I assume that Craithie is an active church. Do other people attend services with the royals. If so, is it by invitation or can anyone go?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen, Lady Sarah Chatto, and The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay attending church this Sunday morning-
The Queen's summer break at Balmoral ends | Daily Mail Online
I so love the relationship between HM and Lady Sarah. I found Sarah's interviews in The Queen at 90 to be the most touching.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

That's one of the most ignorant articles I've seen, and yes, I know it's the fail:
Quote:
The 91-year-old travelled with a royal aide in the cortege; husband Prince Philip, 96, was not in attendance
1. That's Lady Sarah Chatto, not an aide.

2. Philip has already left.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I am not sure that this is the right thread, but I wonder if anyone can answer a few questions. I assume that Craithie is an active church. Do other people attend services with the royals. If so, is it by invitation or can anyone go?
Yes, the locals and staff go to church there as well.

A.W. TOZER