British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I am totally ignorant when it comes to football (soccer) and actually American football also. Give me ice hockey. :D

Are any other countries supposed to be sending their royal family representatives to the World Cup?

Perhaps this would be a better subject for another thread such as William's patronage of FIFA thread and let this one get back to the British royal family current evens?

This is rather worrying. I hope his hip hasn't become inflamed. Nice to see a very pregnant Zara there with the Queen as well as Eugenie, Jack and the Cambridges.

Members of the Royal Family arrive for Easter Service at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor-

The Cambridge’s and Eugenie and Jack are at the service. The Duke of Edinburgh wasn’t able to make it.

Jack being present at the service seems to imply that recent appearances by Meghan in public family events may not have been a special deference to her, but rather a new general policy concerning royal brides and grooms.

Happy Easter to all Forum members !

Last edited:
:previous: Probably Easter in Scotland

Very nice for Jack to have been invited. Nice to see the Cambridges there. Wonder why no Meghan and Harry. Hope The Duke of Edinburgh feels better soon.

Nice to see Princess Eugenie and her fiancé Jack Brooksbank at the Easter Sunday Service,I had forgotten they were engaged!

No Waleses today ?

Charles haven’t attended Easter Service at Windsor since the mid 90’s. Neither has Harry. Camilla has never attended. William just started back attending, now with Catherine, last year.

I'm disappointed that Harry and Meghan were not at the service, but they may be celebrating Easter with Doria in the US and it wasn't announced. Harry may be meeting with Tom Sr finally and it's being kept out of the press. Jack was there and it's only fair since he's Eugenie's fiance; Meghan was able to attend the Christmas service. (The Fail called Jack Eugenie's boyfriend.) Will and Kate showing up to the church after the queen arrives? I hope it was car trouble because this doesn't look cool.

Harry hasn't attended an Easter service for years. There is no reason why he should start now.

William and Kate only started attending last year for some reason.

Charles and Camilla always spend Easter in Scotland - and sometimes there is coverage of them going to church there but not always. They are also preparing for their trip to Australia this week.

I thought we would have seen Harry and Meghan since she has just been baptized etc.

They may be away somewhere, they are so good at moving around under radar she could be in the US even.

LaRae

I thought we would have seen Harry and Meghan since she has just been baptized etc.

I thought the same. Such a big deal was made out of Meghan’s new found Christian faith. I thought for sure she’d want to spend it with The Queen.

I'm disappointed that Harry and Meghan were not at the service, but they may be celebrating Easter with Doria in the US and it wasn't announced. Harry may be meeting with Tom Sr finally and it's being kept out of the press. Jack was there and it's only fair since he's Eugenie's fiance; Meghan was able to attend the Christmas service. (The Fail called Jack Eugenie's boyfriend.) Will and Kate showing up to the church after the queen arrives? I hope it was car trouble because this doesn't look cool.

The Cambridge’s arrived after The Queen due to traffic. They’re with the Middleton family this weekend.

Anne looked perturbed about something, possibly the fact the Cambridge's weren't there?

I don't believe it was due to traffic, they would surely have allowed plenty of time to arrive at the Castle ahead of the church service especially if travelling from relatively far and I doubt they would use that car for travelling from the Middleton house to Windsor.

Its not a big issue but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the media and twittershere have something to say about it!

Unforeseen things happen. When Harry and Meghan visited Wales they were an hour late because of train delays. Sometimes a delay is just a delay.

Funny people trying to make this into a constitutional issue. At least The Cambridges attended.

Some pick and chose what "protocols" they want to focus on. The Cambridges being late and walking in after The Queen is a bad look no way around it. That said it isn't the end of the world.

Everyone looked nice but really liked Kate, Zara, Autumn and Beatrice's looks. Surprised that Zara attended! Nice to also see Jack with Eugenie.

Last edited:
Not sure how it’s a bad look unless you’re saying they arrived late on purpose. I can’t recall them ever being late for an engagement before.

Like I said, at least they made the effort to be there.

Meghan being just baptized , would have been really nice to see her at her "first" service.
Oh well ...

Jack being present at the service seems to imply that recent appearances by Meghan in public family events may not have been a special deference to her, but rather a new general policy concerning royal brides and grooms.

Happy Easter to all Forum members !

As far as I can tell nobody said/suggested it was, but the change in tradition started with her. I’m really glad Eugenie’s fiancé got to attend.

Last edited:
Anne looked perturbed about something, possibly the fact the Cambridge's weren't there?...

That's a pretty standard "waiting" face for Anne. I would not read anything into it.

As far as I can tell nobody said it was, but the change in tradition started with her.

Nope, Sophie was present at several family/official occasions way before her marriage to Edward in 1999.
It's a nice touch anyway.

Thanks for the link. I noticed in the DM video everyone curtseyed except Princess Beatrice and The Princess Royal.
Any particular reason?

Perhaps, they have seen the queen before the church service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom