The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

He also had two other engagements today and the Queen had a meeting with Czech President.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure he'll go back. It wasnt enough time for them to spend there.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2017, 09:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

He was stuck between a rock and a head place. Wanted to walk over and asked for permission but security/others clearly said "no come along" and so he did. One does not keep grandmother waiting in the car.
I read it was a man whose two children were among the missing that was yelling, trying to get someone to listen to him and find some answers.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

It was good to see Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and the Queen at the Towers. It shows honesty and empathy.

I could see the Queen having her second grandson as accompanying her on events.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Per this article from Robert Hardman, the guy would not give his name but admitted the children on the poster were not his

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...anted-see.html
Old 06-17-2017, 12:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It is interesting that the Queen made the visit with Prince William. It might be just a coincidence, but it adds to the speculation on who the Queen's "plus one" will be as the Duke of Edinburgh retires from public life.
I imagine that William realizes just how extremely fortunate he is with doing engagements with his grandmother. He started off quite young while at Eton going across the river to Windsor Castle for tea and "king" lessons from his grandmother and bit by bit, he's been learning from her ever since.

Because of the Queen's longevity of reign, William doesn't only learn the ins and outs of being a monarch but also has "hands on" lessons by being there and doing it with his monarch. I think this is one of the biggest advantages that William has in building his future role as king.

There is more to it than William being the Queen's "plus one". He's the future "king in training".
Old 06-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It is interesting that the Queen made the visit with Prince William. It might be just a coincidence, but it adds to the speculation on who the Queen's "plus one" will be as the Duke of Edinburgh retires from public life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
They had a joint engagement last month.
I agree it was a good choice to send the Queen and William. Charles, the future king, Camilla and Catherine were busy as well today and it's very nice to see that the "team" is hard at work.
We can expect more visits from the senior royals anytime soon ...
As to who accompanies the Queen, I am guessing that will depend on the engagement. This year is really where William, Catherine and Harry are getting their feet wet in the work of the "Firm", putting into practice what they have seen and learnt throughout their lives. Unfortunately, it seems to be a baptism by fire for the three of them in that there have been so many disasters in such a short time.

I was interested watching HM when a woman began screaming out/crying and watched her never lose focus. She knew there was nothing she could do and that there were plenty of trained people there who could. William, on the other hand, found himself almost making excuses and promising to come back as he was leaving. The man calling about children was not related to the children and once again, HM could do nothing herself and neither could William, but he felt the need to apologise.

That is going to be one of the hardest lessons for them to learn. Focus on the reason you are there. The situation at this stage is too new, too raw, for them to go off script. And if they try to get engaged in everything they will soon find themselves suffering from compassion fatigue. Worn out and unable to do what they alone can do.

They cannot allow themselves to be drawn into the details, stepping on the toes of volunteers and/or professionals, let alone local and national politicians. Hard as it may be to grasp, that is "politics". And just as the last three terrorist attacks are political, the Grenfell Tower fire has already become very, very "political.

HM, and the senior members of the BRF know this. William, Catherine and Harry are going to have to learn this the hard way.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it's great that as the DoE winds down and the Queen is slowing down that William start making appearances with her (and Harry should too)...they are going to be high profile from now on...and part of the main working group (along with their wives).

Charles stays pretty busy doing his own appearances I think.

LaRae
Old 06-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

William make more sense than Harry because he can be learning from the Queen while doing it.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes for sure William...but it's nice to see the Queen with Harry also..and he will be a prominent figure for some years yet.

LaRae
Old 06-18-2017, 12:19 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I think that as time passes, Harry will become more of a right hand man and play a huge part in the workings of the Firm and will be up front and very involved in just about everything just as Charles as King and William as the heir apparent will be. I do expect Harry to be seen with the Queen in the future once the DoE does step down completely as much as we'll see William and Kate.

All three of the Three Musketeers are going to be ramping up their public roles as senior royals and as close as they work together now, I don't see that changing at all in the future.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Lovely family event:
Prince Philip is seen for first time since hospital stay | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Live Video Coverage: The Queen and Prince Harry Hosts The Queen's Leaders Ceremony at Buckingham Palace- 6:30PM
https://m.facebook.com/videos/live/m...57596739/?_rdr

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Live Video Coverage: The Queen and Prince Harry Hosts The Queen's Leaders Ceremony at Buckingham Palace- 6:30PM
https://m.facebook.com/videos/live/m...57596739/?_rdr
Here are some photos from the Awards this evening

Queen Elizabeth Ii Prince Harry Greet Guests During A Reception Prior To The Queen's Young Leaders Awards Ceremony At Buckingham Palace In London On June 29, 2017 Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 06-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry speaks passionately about The Queen today, at their joint engagement for the 2017 Queen's Young Leaders awards at BP.

Prince Harry Honors His Grandmother the Queen's Legacy
Old 06-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

DF article with many pictures:
Queen's Leaders ceremony begins at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-29-2017, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry's full speech at the Queen's Young Leaders Awards
https://www.royal.uk/prince-harry-gi...leaders-awards

Article
https://www.royal.uk/queens-young-leaders-2017-awards-2
Old 07-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke of York at the annual garden party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse today, July 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts Garden Party At The Palace Of Holyroodhouse **
Old 07-15-2017, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge & Prince Harry are playing at Cirencester Polo Club today to raise funds for @HCMRegt @centrepointuk @supportthewalk

Via Roya Nikkhah twitter
Old 07-15-2017, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonder if Kate and the kids will be there watching...

LaRae