The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2017, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry are hosting a party on Saturday for children who've lost a parent in the armed forces.

The event at Buckingham Palace is a way, the palace says, to honour those whose mother or father have died fighting for their country.

Jamie Molyneux is going with his younger brothers and sister. Their dad Lt Cdr Ian Molyneux was killed in 2011.

He says it's "comforting" to know they haven't been forgotten.

"The Duke of Cambridge wrote to us soon after my dad was killed," Jamie tells Newsbeat.

"It was very touching. He said he understood what we were going through as siblings, with his experience losing his mum Princess Diana."
Read more:Prince William's 'touching' letter when my navy dad died - BBC Newsbeat

Old 05-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry at a Special Garden Party at Buckingham Palace on April 13, 2017. Their Royal Highnesses are hosting a special party in the grounds of Buckingham Palace to honour the children of those who have died serving in the Armed Forces.

Belga Image

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Kate+Mi...ce/qZezf1TxPQm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ervicemen.html

Old 05-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice event
Old 05-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry at a Special Garden Party at Buckingham Palace on April 13, 2017. Their Royal Highnesses are hosting a special party in the grounds of Buckingham Palace to honour the children of those who have died serving in the Armed Forces.

Belga Image

Kate Middleton Photos Photos - Party At The Palace - Zimbio

Kate, Wills and Harry host children of servicemen | Daily Mail Online
ABsolutley splendid event. A huge amount of fun with the underlying function of building networks for these families with other families and organizations. Perfect event!
Old 05-13-2017, 02:55 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is a prime example of families getting reinforcement and recognition of the ultimate sacrifice their family has made to crown and country. It beats having two officers at the door to inform them of their loss and then they're left to pick up the pieces.

This is what is important and got the ball rolling for Harry and his work with returning service personnel. It is important that they not ever be forgotten or thanked for their service. Their families need to know that their country is behind them in recognizing the loss they have endured.

With the Party at the Palace, they all came together to share a mutual loss and to celebrate the lives of their loved ones and talk about them. They are finding that they're not alone in their loss and they have the support of their country and the royals that serve their country. Nothing will ever heal the wound they suffered but they don't have to go it alone.

Harry was true to form and had a blast with the kids again I see. His interactions with them will be memories that they'll carry for the rest of their lives.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate were also there. This is not a Harry event but a Trio event.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah‏ @RoyaNikkhah
The Duchess of Cambridge chats to a guest at #partyatthepalace hosted by William, Kate and Harry at Buckingham Palace

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...69709206880257
Old 05-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
William and Kate were also there. This is not a Harry event but a Trio event.
Oh most definitely. The Three Musketeers I call them. I was just pointing out Harry specifically in the pictures with the kids. He just has a natural way with them.

The Three Musketeers working with "Team Windsor" is going to be quite the positive experience I think. All for one and one for all in support of their monarch and country. I love it.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge shoots water balloons at her husband during their garden party at Buckingham Palace for children of those who lost their lives serving in the Armed Forces.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This was such a great event and it looked like everyone had a wonderful time.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Majesty

What a wonderful video of everybody just having a whole lot of fun with W&K&H right in the middle of it all. No party for kids is complete without water balloons.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge watching a performance at Buckingham Palace-
https://duchesscatherine-news.tumblr...s-of-cambridge

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-15-2017, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Very sweet.

LaRae
Old 05-15-2017, 06:08 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
In 2017, The Queen's Garden Parties take place at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday 16 May, Tuesday 23 May and Thursday 1 June.
https://www.royal.uk/queens-buckingh...garden-parties
Old 05-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Tessy Antony, former Princess Tessy of Luxembourg, at Party at the Palace with the British royals-
World of Windsor : mycrarrythings: Tessy Antony, former Princess...

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Is that her talking to Catherine in the first picture?
Old 05-15-2017, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

She is in the polka dots with the yellow pants. So yes that her with Kate in the first picture. Bet they were talking about Luxembourg. Since Kate was just there.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
She is in the polka dots with the yellow pants. So yes that her with Kate in the first picture. Bet they were talking about Luxembourg. Since Kate was just there.
Tessy works for James Lowther-Pinkerton who works for Cambridges. Maybe James Lowther-Pinkerton's company was involved.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

Tessy posted a pic of her, Louis & Harry on her Instagram a few months ago so they obviously move in the same circles
Old 05-16-2017, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Do we know who is attending the garden party today?