The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 4h 4 hours ago
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall outside their home following #VEDay70 commemorations today.
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...00622028234752

But, inside, what lurks? Probably looks like every holiday extravagant looking decor left a piece of it's splendor in places. The banister looks freshly coated. hmmm.. Boo. lol, no, seriously, not trying to scare you, but, I really don't know. Guessing a pleather couch in perhaps butter colored watered down with a darker brown and fake lambswool rugs because they actually wash. Perhaps a pigmy goat living in a guest room fashioned as a barn. The kitchen, I wonder. Living room. hmm. Perhaps a layer of the good dirt that thwarts mutations thick enough to sprout a seedling on the surface. Perhaps a kitchen like a huge smoothie bar with an island as the table? The kind of furniture that people might of bequested (willed)him. Bathroom I guess a large walk in shower no tub, a few spouts. Grey and brown shades of pink. Oh not my biz, lol. The fridge, hmmm, maybe restaurant style walk in freezer, restaurant style fridge. That being a private residence, I hope they have all they need and most of what they want.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually there's quite a bit of information on Clarence House and its decor and interiors in its own thread.

Clarence House

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, The Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Kent and the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were at Guard's Chapel today for the Memorial Service for Arthur Wellesley the 8th Duke of Wellington, Knight of the Garter.

No idea where Edward was...
Old 05-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen, Prince Charles and James Blunt join guests at service for Duke of Wellington | Daily Mail Online

H.R.H. Prince El Hassan bin Talal also made an appearance.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen, accompanied by others members of the royal family, hosted a garden party at Buckingham Palace - May 12, 2015.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - A View From the Roof Over Buckingham Palace Garden Party - Zimbio

'We love having another girl': The Queen gushes over the arrival of her great-granddaughter Princess Charlotte while greeting guests at Buckingham Palace's first garden party of the season | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-13-2015, 02:13 AM
Royal Highness

Garden Party | Selda Göktaş
Old 05-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Lady Jane Wellesley, The Countess of Wessex, and Princess Anne looked nice. Princess Michael's hat left much to be desired.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:51 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the Royal Windsor Horse Show have been moved to the event's own thread: The Royal Windsor Horse Show 2014-2015.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, The Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Kent and the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were at Guard's Chapel today for the Memorial Service for Arthur Wellesley the 8th Duke of Wellington, Knight of the Garter.

No idea where Edward was...
Was there any pictures of the Duke of Kent?
Princess Alexandra was also absent.

Does anyone know if the memorial service was before or after the garden party?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2015, 03:11 AM
Royal Highness

Something quite not right

https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsa...aysevents.aspx

Something is not quite right with the court circular.

It has the Gloucesters attending the memorial service for the Duke of Wellington with a picture of Camilla.

The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are also listed as attending. (Did they attend but not photographed?)

No mention of The Queen and Camilla at the Windsor Horse show but maybe that was a private event as The Queen was dressed down.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra probably attended but weren't photographed. This is not unusual for the more minor members of the BRF.

Prince and Princess Michael did attend - were photographed - but not in the CC.

The Windsor Horse Show is a private event and as such is not mentioned in the CC.

Andrew and Beatrice's attendance at the Beacon Lighting is also not in the CC although the Beacon lighting itself is.

Not everything they do in the public domain qualifies as an official engagement in the mind of HM and she is the one who decides what is in and how it is worded.

I have seen that picture of Camilla used before for the Duchess of Gloucester. Normally when they are both doing something it is the Duke's picture that is used.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Gloucester has her own photograph on the Court Circular.

I am just wondering if the person who had the engagement the person mentioned in the text (Duchess of Gloucester) or the person in the photograph (Duchess of Cornwall)?
Old 05-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

The CC says the engagement was carried out by the Gloucester's but they put up the Duchess of Cornwall's picture. That happens on occasions where the picture is wrong.

I don't even look at the pictures anymore but simply read the text.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1h 1 hour ago
The Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Anne & The Wessexes vist the Isle of Wight on 5 June for Royal Yacht Squadron bicentenary celebrations

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1h 1 hour ago
They will visit the RYS Fleet Review, a church service at Holy Trinity Church & a Beating Retreat followed by dinner.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see them all attending. Edward and Sophie were already listed to attend but it's nice that Philip and Anne are going now.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 7s 8 seconds ago
The Queen, Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne will attend the centenary meeting of @WomensInstitute at the Royal Albert Hall on 4th June.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsa...aysevents.aspx

Something is not quite right with the court circular.

It has the Gloucesters attending the memorial service for the Duke of Wellington with a picture of Camilla.

The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are also listed as attending. (Did they attend but not photographed?)

No mention of The Queen and Camilla at the Windsor Horse show but maybe that was a private event as The Queen was dressed down.
Full list of Royal Attendees were HMQ, DoE, PoW Dss Cornwall, DoY, CWessex (also representing EoW), PR and Tim Laurence, D&DssGlos, DoK and Princess Alexandra.

Source is the CC from the Times

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles & Prince Harry will attend the Gurkha 200 Pageant at the Royal Hospital Chelsea on 9 June.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has met with guests at a garden party held at Buckingham Palace this afternoon-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Queen has met with guests at a garden party held at Buckingham Palace this afternoon-

Home - ITNSource News
The Queen looks great and happy as usual.

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events