The Gloucesters and the Duke of Kent:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjO6Q4mXAAAUPW5.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjO6Q5uWkAASnae.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjO6Q6zWkAAfqNE.jpg

Old 05-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

DM Article;
Kate Middleton dons the same cream coat she wore for Prince George's christening | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Garden Party at Buckingham Palace

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/855737
Old 05-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen and Kate looks great, as usual:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4107843286.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4107693170.jpg
Old 05-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate was picture in the DM article chatting to guests including her PA Natasha Archer, her boyfriend photographer Chris Jackson and hairdresser Amanda Cook Tucker who does Kate's hair for tours and engagements.
Were Natasha and Amanda invited to the garden party for their role within staff at KP?

One previous poster noted that this may be the year that William and Kate make their Ascot debut - I've been wondering that as well as we have had a few firsts from the couple this past year in terms of the royal duties. I am going to the first day of Ascot maybe i will get lucky and they will be there that day though this tends to be the day Charles and Camilla come

Old 05-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Garden parties are hardly exclusive. Literally thousands of ordinary people attend every year. If Kate's PA can't snag an invite, something would be wrong.

I for one hope they don't go to Ascot. William and Kate have their own interests, polo and tennis. The social season is always tricky because you get criticism either way. Don't attend and people say 'why aren't W&K there', go and people say 'another hard day at the office I see'
Old 05-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and members of the Royal family attend Buckingham Pakace final Royal Garden Party-
Home - ITNSource News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Garden parties are hardly exclusive. Literally thousands of ordinary people attend every year. If Kate's PA can't snag an invite, something would be wrong.

I for one hope they don't go to Ascot. William and Kate have their own interests, polo and tennis. The social season is always tricky because you get criticism either way. Don't attend and people say 'why aren't W&K there', go and people say 'another hard day at the office I see'
I hope they do go to Royal Ascot. William and Catherine have gone to different races all the time, so they have an interest in horse racing. It's puzzling that they haven't been to Royal Ascot yet. I'm sure the explanation will be down to not being able to finding time in their diary to attend in the past. I hope they actually show up this year.

I just hope they keep up these appearances from now on. It's about time anyway. Time to stop treating the Cambridge's with kid gloves now.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are a few more photos of the Garden Party

Getty Images

Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures And Photos | Getty Images

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 05-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I hope they do go to Royal Ascot. William and Catherine have gone to different races all the time, so they have an interest in horse racing. It's puzzling that they haven't been to Royal Ascot yet. I'm sure the explanation will be down to not being able to finding time in their diary to attend in the past. I hope they actually show up this year.

I just hope they keep up these appearances from now on. It's about time anyway. Time to stop treating the Cambridge's with kid gloves now.
Most of the social season is optional. Ascot isn't a constitutional requirement. I find it puzzling the Queen doesn't go to Wimbledon despite being it's patron but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm a tennis fan so I prefer to see Kate sitting court side rather than at Ascot. I doubt Ascot will even be a blip on the radar during Charles' reign
Old 05-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Most of the social season is optional. Ascot isn't a constitutional requirement. I find it puzzling the Queen doesn't go to Wimbledon despite being it's patron but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm a tennis fan so I prefer to see Kate sitting court side rather than at Ascot. I doubt Ascot will even be a blip on the radar during Charles' reign
I understand it's optional, but if the Cambridge's have gone to other races in the past, what's the problem with the attend Royal Ascot too? I expect them to attend Wimbledon too. Especially since Catherine is about to take over The Queen's role.

King Charles and King William and their court will continue attend Royal Ascot. It's one of the main events in the Royal social calendar. Their friends also attend every year.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-24-2016, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

The queen is officialy owner of the Ascot estate. Charles as king will attend every Ascot day - to avertize this event and generate incomes from royal estate.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles shows the bare minimal interest in Ascot now. It's always been the Queen's thing, not because of the Crown Estate but because she loves the races.

Maybe it will become Camilla's thing but not Charles and William. There was talk last year of Harry taking it over one day but he doesn't really show much more interest than William. Ascot long ago lost it's lustre. Anyone can go. It's not like the old days, when it meant something to be seen there
Old 05-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

When William and Kate attended Epsom Derby it was to support the Queen's horse that was a favorite/ strong contender... (dont recall the name). As was repeatedly mentioned in the Royal Windsor Horse Show - Ascot is the only race course which HM has not won. I know little of horse racing - does she have a contender this year? I think all of her family and friends will try and attend to support her. But I don't see Ascot becoming a regular addition to the Cambridge Royal calendar
Old 05-24-2016, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice to knows he staff behind Princess Charlotte's birth from St. Mary's was invited to the Garden Party today by HRH. The Cambridge office was there today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
When William and Kate attended Epsom Derby it was to support the Queen's horse that was a favorite/ strong contender... (dont recall the name). As was repeatedly mentioned in the Royal Windsor Horse Show - Ascot is the only race course which HM has not won. I know little of horse racing - does she have a contender this year? I think all of her family and friends will try and attend to support her. But I don't see Ascot becoming a regular addition to the Cambridge Royal calendar

It's the Epsom Derby that she hasn't won not Ascot which is a bunch of different races. That was 2012 which was the diamond jubilee kick off event plus the Queen had a great shot at winning so most of the family turned out. The Cambridges have only gone to a handful of horse races. Don't forget Ascot follows Trooping and Garter day so William would have off for those events and then would had to return back to SAR duty and now Air Ambulance right after Garter day on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice for the last of the Queen's annual Buckingham Palace Garden Parties.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke & Prince Harry will join forces again this summer to play polo in support of a number of their charities

The Princes have raised over £9.5m for charitable causes to date since 2007, and this summer's matches will see the total pass the £10m mark

This weekend TRH will play in the #AudiPoloChallenge, in support of @Sentebale @tusk_org @royalmarsden & @WellChild

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...45830277697536

Pics from the polo

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/856942
Old 05-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from today's polo match. Funds raised went to the Royal Marsden cancer hospital and WellChild

Princes William & Harry At The Audi Polo Challenge | Getty Images
Old 05-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The queen is officialy owner of the Ascot estate. Charles as king will attend every Ascot day - to avertize this event and generate incomes from royal estate.
Add to the fact that Charles actually enjoys the racing and is married to an avid race fan. They do attend most years now. I remember their visit to Australia in 2012 that included the visit to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup - which Camilla actually presented. This is Australia's biggest race and race day.

William and Kate - different story of course. I am not so sure that William will keep up the traditions such as attending every day - one day - yes but everyday I doubt it.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Pictures from today's polo match. Funds raised went to the Royal Marsden cancer hospital and WellChild

Princes William & Harry At The Audi Polo Challenge | Getty Images
Tusk ‏@tusk_org
Read all about the @AudiUK Polo Challenge in support of Tusk & @Sentebale this weekend

Ellie Goulding Joins Princes to Support Tusk at Polo Event | Tusk

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events