The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2015, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

My family all went taking their school age children. I'm so proud of my country it's the best country in the world. I loved that Harry and Charles were at ANZAC cove
My daughter has gone there during her traveling days and said it's the most moving thing she has ever done.
Anyway way off topic , sorry

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-25-2015, 05:06 AM
Aristocracy

I don't remember reading anything official about Prince Harry reading. I think it might have been a rumour that took on a life of its own. There were some fringe republicans trying to stir up trouble by claiming the Prince of Wales and Prince Harry would officially represent Australia and New Zealand at Gallipoli, and perhaps even speak on our behalf. This, they claimed, would be an insult to the memory of all those who died. It was a complete beat up. The Prime Ministers represented Australia and New Zealand. I would prefer to have seen the Governors-General as the representatives of the two nations rather than a couple of politicians. But on occasions such as this Prime Ministers, republican or monarchist, Liberal or Labor, can always be relied upon to usurp what should be Vice-Regal ceremonies.

Well, it wasn't a rumour after all. Prince Harry spoke at the Lone Pine ceremony, very nicely too (though he could have stopped off for a haircut on the way).

Old 04-25-2015, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

Oh I missed it :(

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Live Coverage:
tvpc.com - BBC 1 ¨

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-25-2015, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

The GGs were where they should have been - at home leading the commemorations here and started and ended the day together while the people we elected to lead us were at the different ceremonies overseas. The Leader of the Opposition from Australia, Bill Shorten, for instance was at Villers-Bretennoux and spoke very well there - as did Abbot and Key at their respective times and places.

I have never seen any suggestion that Charles or Harry would represent Australia at Gallipoli - only that they would be there at the British events for the most part - as Charles did 10 years ago when he concentrated on the British events but also attended the Dawn Service, Lone Pine, a Turkish Service and a NZ one as well.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

First photo of the ceremony at the Cenotaph:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 3m3 minutes ago
Expectant father Prince William (and his grandparents) at the Cenotaph Gallipoli commemoration. #Gallipoli100
Old 04-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen looks stunning!

@BritishMonarchy: The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Cambridge attend a ceremony at the Cenotaph #ANZAC100 #Gallipoli100 http://t.co/crfBgPNrJD
Old 04-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen, Prince Philip and Prince William attends a commemorative ceremony marking the centenary of the Gallipoli campaign - April 25, 2015 in London.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - British Royal Family And Government Mark The Gallipoli Centenary At The Cenotaph - Zimbio

The Queen and party leaders gather at the Cenotaph to mark 100th anniversary of disastrous Gallipoli landings - but SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon sends her Infrastructure Minister instead* | Daily Mail Online

The Queen and Prince Philip attends a Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving to mark the ANZAC Landings at Westminster Abbey - April 25, 2015.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Gallipoli & ANZAC Commemorative Events - Zimbio

She looks great as usual.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...KoonTDeb_l.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...z5oaQ4WI0l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...ieV9mkXTWl.jpg
Old 04-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Two hat day;

@RegalEyes: Not exactly all change for HM but there was a quick hat change before heading to @wabbey from the Cenotaph. http://t.co/amAA7WAkvk
Old 04-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Two hat day;

@RegalEyes: Not exactly all change for HM but there was a quick hat change before heading to @wabbey from the Cenotaph. http://t.co/amAA7WAkvk
"That other hat hurt one's head."

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
The Duke of Edinburgh has laid at wreath at the Gallipoli Memorial in St Paul's Cathedral this morning, as part of a series of events marking the 100th anniversary-

Home - ITNSource News

This morning services took place across London to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli campaign and Anzac Day. The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke of Cambridge along with Party Leaders David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband attended a wreath laying service at the Cenotaph Whitehall to pay tribute to those who lost their lives during the war. The commemoration closed with a march past along Whitehall past the Cenotaph including representatives from various military organisations-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen leads Anzac Day commemorations

Queen leads Anzac Day commemorations exactly 100 years on from launch of ill-fated Gallipoli Campaign - London - News - London Evening Standard
Old 04-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Courtier

I'd like to thank HRH The Prince of Wales for his wonderful, sensitive and moving reading at the Dawn Service at Gallipoli, yesterday. That letter bought tears to my eyes, and, my son who was there, said that many thousands were similarly affected, even some of the top brass and international dignitaries and representatives. The wreath which HRH laid was simply beautiful with his POW feathers flourishing. He really did Australia and New Zealand proud.

Later, at Lone Pine, Prince Harry spoke well with genuine respect and honour for the dead Diggers, but nothing can ever surpass the emotional pull of the joint Dawn Service.

I'm sorry that I didn't see New Zealand's separate commemoration, but as always, was impressed by the beautiful rendition of its national anthem, sung in both Maori and English.

Again, many thanks and much gratitude to the Prince of Wales. It was the most 'kingly' that I've ever seen him.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry looked great today
https://41.media.tumblr.com/7ac749fa...bz5io1_540.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDak89iW8AARHgY.jpg

it looks like him and Charles have matching suits : )
https://40.media.tumblr.com/0dba6c12...so8ko2_540.jpg

Great to see William on the job again. And with the Queen and Philip

Lovely photo of Harry
http://41.media.tumblr.com/5fe862c3f...icdo1_1280.jpg
Old 04-26-2015, 02:58 AM
Aristocracy

Well worded, Polly.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 6m 6 minutes ago
The Queen accompanied by Prince Philip, Prince Charles & Camilla will present New Colours to the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards on Thursday.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 5m 5 minutes ago
The Queen accompanied by Prince Philip will present New Colours to the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards on Thursday at Windsor Castle.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3m 3 minutes ago
Prince Charles accompanied by Camilla will also attend. Charles has been Regimental Colonel of the Welsh Guards since 1975.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2m 2 minutes ago
Her Majesty, Prince Philip, Charles and Camilla will later attend a Regimental Garden Party in the grounds of the Castle.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · now
The 1st Battalion received its first Colours at Buckingham Palace from King George V on 3rd August, 1915.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Royal Highness

Any pictures from the 1st Battalion receiving its first Colours or the Regimental Garden Party?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Any pictures from the 1st Battalion receiving its first Colours or the Regimental Garden Party?

Thanks
The event is on Thursday.

There will probably be pictures on Getty etc.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
The Queen and other royals will attend the Royal Victorian Order service at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events