The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Do you have a source on this? I find it very hard to believe that the Princess Royal is setting up and taking down jumps for a major horse trials- which will have both a course designer and a grounds crew.
Here you go:

Anne fixing the fences during the Gatcombe Horse Trial.
Princess Anne - Princess Royal | Getty Images

Anne carrying potted plant to decorate the Horse Trial jumps at Gatcombe Horse.
http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/fe567db1-1...fe9/BW9KJG.jpg
Quote:
All credit to HRH Princess Anne (who was everywhere!)
Gatcombe Horse Trials Photos - 2011

Princess Anne designed Gatcombe Horse Trial Course with her former husband Mark Philips.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It's all about PR. In 2011 the Obamas asked to meet the Cambridges and i presume they asked to dine with them this time : the British court is just too happy to oblige, the result will be a good and flattering media coverage, on both sides.
The Cambridges are fashionable, Charles and Camilla are not : it's just as simple as that.
What happens if Prince Charles and Camilla are at Windsor with the Obamas, what will that say?

Old 04-18-2016, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
What happens if Prince Charles and Camilla are at Windsor with the Obamas, what will that say?
That the Obamas will dine at KP and not at Clarence House ...
Old 04-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
That the Obamas will dine at KP and not at Clarence House ...
Interesting people can spin a story any way.

They met with the Queen who is important so they are more important.
They met by themselves so they are more important.

These types of stories always come up.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
President Obama isn't running for office anymore. The people who like and dislike him are pretty much set. Dining at KP isn't going sway people's opinions of him.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Exactly, this dinner would not happen if all involved didn't want it to happen. Having called with the Queen, the Obamas could have considered their duty by the BRF done on this visit. They clearly want to dine with W,K and H.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing for sure, with the upcoming visit to the Star Wars studios and hosting a dinner for the Obamas, it kind of puts to rest any notion that after the India/Bhutan tour, the Cambridges just might go into hiding.

Just the idea of W&K&H hosting a dinner party welcoming the current POTUS and his FLOTUS (love these terms) and their children shows that the younger generation of royals have quite learned their lessons of how to be diplomatic and can easily slip into their roles of representing the British Royal Family.

What I am wondering now if this dinner they are hosting will be held in one of the state banquet rooms at KP with other people invited or just the two families perhaps at W&K's home? With a dinner of this caliber held in their home, most likely they'll have a chef step in to the "big" kitchen and not have fish and chips around the table in the "family" kitchen. Then again, maybe they will.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

children? whose children - PResidents?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-18-2016, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing for sure, with the upcoming visit to the Star Wars studios and hosting a dinner for the Obamas, it kind of puts to rest any notion that after the India/Bhutan tour, the Cambridges just might go into hiding.

Just the idea of W&K&H hosting a dinner party welcoming the current POTUS and his FLOTUS (love these terms) and their children shows that the younger generation of royals have quite learned their lessons of how to be diplomatic and can easily slip into their roles of representing the British Royal Family.

What I am wondering now if this dinner they are hosting will be held in one of the state banquet rooms at KP with other people invited or just the two families perhaps at W&K's home? With a dinner of this caliber held in their home, most likely they'll have a chef step in to the "big" kitchen and not have fish and chips around the table in the "family" kitchen. Then again, maybe they will.
Apartment 1A, the Cambridge residence, according to royal reporter, Richard Palmer.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Apartment 1A, the Cambridge residence, according to royal reporter, Richard Palmer.
huge event for Catherine as Hostess

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

That's why the BBC and ITV said The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are hosting the President and First Lady and Harry 'will be there as well'
Old 04-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
children? whose children - PResidents?
I could have sworn I read that the Obama girls were to be there but what I saw was a retelling of a story of when the whole family met the Queen at an earlier time. Going back and rereading, there is actually no mention of the Obama girls being in attendance.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Obamas seem to genuinely appreciate the BRF. The President has told the story of Michelle and the girls going to BP and the Queen letting them ride around in a carriage. The also requested the meeting with the newlywed Cambridges during the state visit. Plus Michelle and now much older girls met Harry at KP last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I had not known that HM let them ride in a carriage. What a wonderful treat for the FLOTUS and her daughters.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I think this is more a farewell meeting as Obama's term is ending.

Too much should not be read into these meetings.

Let's see how many people will read it:

The Obama's don't like Charles and Camilla and so refused to meet them.

Charles doesn't like Obama and so refused to host the evening meal.

Even foreign Heads of State are now seeing William as the next in line - even though he isn't - as they are sidelining Charles etc etc.

I am going to wait and see. Charles often meets with visiting Heads of State even when they aren't there on a State Visit. So I wonder if the day will be something like - lunch with The Queen and Philip at Windsor, Afternoon tea and meeting with Charles at CH and then dinner at KP. Of course Charles and Camilla may still be at Windsor after the birthday party the previous evening and so meet the Obama's on their arrival or still be their for dinner - who knows - I don't.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, Iluvbertie

It could also be that, since Charles and Camilla will be in Stratford-upon-Avon for a full day of engagements on Saturday, they're heading up to Highgrove on Friday and so weren't able to host a dinner for the First Couple.

Again, who knows? I will say that I hope that 'Shakespeare Live! from the RSC' is filmed and eventually broadcast.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Seems like it's Williams engagement as president of the Bafta, and Harry get's to tag along :) Can't blame him though :P
I would tag alone too, if such possibilty were to be offered to me.

This a a fun event too, so why not showing up to the galas as well as this kind of stuff?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Majesty

Any pictures yet of the Star Wars engagement?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Princes William and Harry arrive on the set of Star Wars for a private tour | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-19-2016, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
And here's a video for you.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry learnt the ways of the force when they toured the studios where the latest instalments of the Star Wars movies are being brought to life. William and Harry were given a guided tour of Pinewood by actress Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey in The Force Awakens, the latest episode of the popular sci-fi series to be released.
Home - ITNSource News
Old 04-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry learnt the ways of the force when they toured the studios where the latest instalments of the Star Wars movies are being brought to life. William and Harry were given a guided tour of Pinewood by actress Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey in The Force Awakens, the latest episode of the popular sci-fi series to be released.
Home - ITNSource News
many thanks
Old 04-19-2016, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

Video:
Home - ITNSource News
Thank you for the video link.

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events