The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There's going to be many events for the 40th anniversary.

I was wondering if this was (for the royal family) a short notice engagement as this was due to be the start of the Spanish State visit.

Also W might be working as he is in London on 11th and possibly 14th (if he attends WAbbey Commonwealth Service)
Oh I see. I know this anniversary is very big for Charles and so many others, so I hope the Cambridge's and Harry are part of these celebrations.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Oh I see. I know this anniversary is very big for Charles and so many others, so I hope the Cambridge's and Harry are part of these celebrations.
William and Harry already participated. They did the Ant & Dec interview.

It is great the Queen is showing support for her son and his work.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
William and Harry already participated. They did the Ant & Dec interview.

It is great the Queen is showing support for her son and his work.
Yeah, but I'm sure there will be celebrations for the anniversary and I expect them to participate.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen, Prince Philip, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge & Harry to attend the Commonwealth Service at Westiminster Abbey on March 14

Westminster Abbey » The Commonwealth Service: A celebration of the Commonwealth
Old 03-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Everyone will be able to watch the service. It will be broadcast Live on BBC One. I'm glad the young royals are now attending this service on a regular bases.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Are Charles and Camilla not attending the Commonwealth service this year? Duties elsewhere?

Old 03-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Are Charles and Camilla not attending the Commonwealth service this year? Duties elsewhere?
Charles & Camilla will be on a royal tour to the Balkans during that time.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Article in the Sunday Times on the joint efforts of William, Catherine and Harry regarding mental health issues.

As some of this is already known, I'll summarise the new information:

THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are joining forces with Prince Harry to launch a year-long campaign on mental health.

Each of the three will focus on particular areas of mental health in which they have an interest.

Prince Harrywill concentrate on the “invisible injuries” of servicemen and women, including post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and anxiety disorders.

The Ministry of Defence said last week that 7,434 armed forces personnel had been assessed as having a mental health condition between April 2014 and September 2015.

The duchess will highlight mental health problems suffered by children and the importance of early intervention. The duke will focus on the difficulties affecting young men, from teenagers to men of his own age.

[mention of known public engagements this coming week]

The three will launch their campaign at the end of April. Royal sources said they were working with charities and “creatives” on a name for the campaign.

By working together on a joint campaign, the duke and duchess and Prince Harry believe they can send a powerful message across society on the importance of these issues ...... Focusing on veterans, children and young men shows how broad the issues are and how many different people mental health affects.

Royals in three-pronged bid to boost mental health | The Sunday Times

Assume this is the correct thread

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Royal Highness

Pity no one is taking on depression of women. Post natal depression or mental illness because of domestic abuse etc

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Pity no one is taking on depression of women. Post natal depression or mental illness because of domestic abuse etc

Princess Alexandra is Patron of MIND, - deals with mental illness inc p-n depression.

But its a v good point.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Majesty

Victims of post-natal depression and the mental issues surrounding domestic abuse are more likely to be identified by health professionals by virtue of their situations. It is probably the sole plus in their situation.

Mental health in children is easily overlooked, men fear the stigma and military men and women even more so.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Victims of post-natal depression and the mental issues surrounding domestic abuse are more likely to be identified by health professionals by virtue of their situations. It is probably the sole plus in their situation.

Mental health in children is easily overlooked, men fear the stigma and military men and women even more so.

Women also fear the stigma and are too frighten or ashamed to get help
Good for what Will Harry and Kate are doing but just my thoughts

Old 03-06-2016, 12:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Women also fear the stigma and are too frighten or ashamed to get help
Good for what Will Harry and Kate are doing but just my thoughts

Hasn't it been recently that Camilla has been bringing attention to this area?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-06-2016, 12:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Hasn't it been recently that Camilla has been bringing attention to this area?

I think she did a bit about domestic abuse. But I'm talking about mental health of women being excluded by Will Harry and Kate. Considering Kate being a new mum including PND would seem a good fit.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

I agree @Marg. Having been through my own post-partum depression, my condition was treated by my ob/gyn and a therapist. Good to see though that this issue along with domestic abuse are being covered by at least two members of the BRF.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Harry struggling to find room for Battle of the Somme centenary | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal treatment? Plush hotel TURNS DOWN Kate and Wills because there's NO ROOM left | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 03-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Courtier

I won't click on The Express because it's become a total trash rag. But from the headline I presume that the hotel had room for Harry but not for the Cambridges. Strange. Maybe his staff called earlier.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

If there were more experienced staff at KP this wouldn't have happened. When it was first being discussed Jamie LP would have been on the phone about accommodation and other matters. It shouldn't have been left to the French security forces. Surely it must have been known that this anniversary was a most important one, drawing visitors from all over the world.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I won't click on The Express because it's become a total trash rag. But from the headline I presume that the hotel had room for Harry but not for the Cambridges. Strange. Maybe his staff called earlier.
I did read the article earlier and basically they were fully booked and didn't think it was right to cancel anyone's booking to fit the royals in.

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events