British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen, Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, Princesses Beatrice & Euegine, Duke of Kent and Gloucester's at Buckingham Palace Garden Party today.

Hard to believe that this is William's first Garden party. Finally nice to see him attend

Kate is repeating the outfit from George's christening

Hard to believe that this is William's first Garden party. Finally nice to see him attend

His second time going. He hasn't been to a Royal Garden Party since 2002. It's a surprise for me to see him there today. He first attended with his father in 2002 at the Palace of Holyrood House in Scotland. Camilla attended too, so think that was the reason for him to go at the time.

Today, it's his first time attending one at Buckingham Palace with The Queen and Catherine. Make me think he and Catherine will attend Royal Ascot for the first time this year. I have no idea what took him so long to attend a Garden Party though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...hess-Cambridge-Queen-s-garden-party-time.html

Last edited:
Kate was picture in the DM article chatting to guests including her PA Natasha Archer, her boyfriend photographer Chris Jackson and hairdresser Amanda Cook Tucker who does Kate's hair for tours and engagements.
Were Natasha and Amanda invited to the garden party for their role within staff at KP?

One previous poster noted that this may be the year that William and Kate make their Ascot debut - I've been wondering that as well as we have had a few firsts from the couple this past year in terms of the royal duties. I am going to the first day of Ascot maybe i will get lucky and they will be there that day though this tends to be the day Charles and Camilla come

Garden parties are hardly exclusive. Literally thousands of ordinary people attend every year. If Kate's PA can't snag an invite, something would be wrong.

I for one hope they don't go to Ascot. William and Kate have their own interests, polo and tennis. The social season is always tricky because you get criticism either way. Don't attend and people say 'why aren't W&K there', go and people say 'another hard day at the office I see'

Last edited:
Video:
The Queen and members of the Royal family attend Buckingham Pakace final Royal Garden Party-
Home - ITNSource News

Garden parties are hardly exclusive. Literally thousands of ordinary people attend every year. If Kate's PA can't snag an invite, something would be wrong.

I for one hope they don't go to Ascot. William and Kate have their own interests, polo and tennis. The social season is always tricky because you get criticism either way. Don't attend and people say 'why aren't W&K there', go and people say 'another hard day at the office I see'

I hope they do go to Royal Ascot. William and Catherine have gone to different races all the time, so they have an interest in horse racing. It's puzzling that they haven't been to Royal Ascot yet. I'm sure the explanation will be down to not being able to finding time in their diary to attend in the past. I hope they actually show up this year.

I just hope they keep up these appearances from now on. It's about time anyway. Time to stop treating the Cambridge's with kid gloves now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do go to Royal Ascot. William and Catherine have gone to different races all the time, so they have an interest in horse racing. It's puzzling that they haven't been to Royal Ascot yet. I'm sure the explanation will be down to not being able to finding time in their diary to attend in the past. I hope they actually show up this year.

I just hope they keep up these appearances from now on. It's about time anyway. Time to stop treating the Cambridge's with kid gloves now.

Most of the social season is optional. Ascot isn't a constitutional requirement. I find it puzzling the Queen doesn't go to Wimbledon despite being it's patron but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm a tennis fan so I prefer to see Kate sitting court side rather than at Ascot. I doubt Ascot will even be a blip on the radar during Charles' reign

Most of the social season is optional. Ascot isn't a constitutional requirement. I find it puzzling the Queen doesn't go to Wimbledon despite being it's patron but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm a tennis fan so I prefer to see Kate sitting court side rather than at Ascot. I doubt Ascot will even be a blip on the radar during Charles' reign

I understand it's optional, but if the Cambridge's have gone to other races in the past, what's the problem with the attend Royal Ascot too? I expect them to attend Wimbledon too. Especially since Catherine is about to take over The Queen's role.

King Charles and King William and their court will continue attend Royal Ascot. It's one of the main events in the Royal social calendar. Their friends also attend every year.

Last edited:

The queen is officialy owner of the Ascot estate. Charles as king will attend every Ascot day - to avertize this event and generate incomes from royal estate.

Charles shows the bare minimal interest in Ascot now. It's always been the Queen's thing, not because of the Crown Estate but because she loves the races.

Maybe it will become Camilla's thing but not Charles and William. There was talk last year of Harry taking it over one day but he doesn't really show much more interest than William. Ascot long ago lost it's lustre. Anyone can go. It's not like the old days, when it meant something to be seen there

When William and Kate attended Epsom Derby it was to support the Queen's horse that was a favorite/ strong contender... (dont recall the name). As was repeatedly mentioned in the Royal Windsor Horse Show - Ascot is the only race course which HM has not won. I know little of horse racing - does she have a contender this year? I think all of her family and friends will try and attend to support her. But I don't see Ascot becoming a regular addition to the Cambridge Royal calendar

Very nice to knows he staff behind Princess Charlotte's birth from St. Mary's was invited to the Garden Party today by HRH. The Cambridge office was there today.

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

When William and Kate attended Epsom Derby it was to support the Queen's horse that was a favorite/ strong contender... (dont recall the name). As was repeatedly mentioned in the Royal Windsor Horse Show - Ascot is the only race course which HM has not won. I know little of horse racing - does she have a contender this year? I think all of her family and friends will try and attend to support her. But I don't see Ascot becoming a regular addition to the Cambridge Royal calendar

It's the Epsom Derby that she hasn't won not Ascot which is a bunch of different races. That was 2012 which was the diamond jubilee kick off event plus the Queen had a great shot at winning so most of the family turned out. The Cambridges have only gone to a handful of horse races. Don't forget Ascot follows Trooping and Garter day so William would have off for those events and then would had to return back to SAR duty and now Air Ambulance right after Garter day on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke & Prince Harry will join forces again this summer to play polo in support of a number of their charities

The Princes have raised over £9.5m for charitable causes to date since 2007, and this summer's matches will see the total pass the £10m mark

This weekend TRH will play in the #AudiPoloChallenge, in support of @Sentebale @tusk_org @royalmarsden & @WellChild

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/736145830277697536

Pics from the polo

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/856942

The queen is officialy owner of the Ascot estate. Charles as king will attend every Ascot day - to avertize this event and generate incomes from royal estate.

Add to the fact that Charles actually enjoys the racing and is married to an avid race fan. They do attend most years now. I remember their visit to Australia in 2012 that included the visit to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup - which Camilla actually presented. This is Australia's biggest race and race day.

William and Kate - different story of course. I am not so sure that William will keep up the traditions such as attending every day - one day - yes but everyday I doubt it.

The Queen unveils a bronze bust of herself on a visit to the Honourable Artillery Company in London* | Daily Mail Online
The Queen came face to face with herself today as she unveiled a bronze bust of her own image.

Her Majesty visited the Honourable Artillery Company in London to mark becoming the longest serving Captain-General of the Company.

While royals including Prince Michael of Kent and his wife Princess Michael of Kent attended the unveiling, the Queen met the bust's sculptor Antony Dufort, who has also created busts of other public figures including Margaret Thatcher and Cardinal Hume.

The Queen looked to be in great form as usual:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/01/19/34D31FA700000578-3619901-image-a-36_1464806260678.jpg

Antony Dufort has really done a great job with this bust:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/01/19/34D321D700000578-3619901-image-a-29_1464805794044.jpg

It looks like Princess Michael kisses Her Majesty's hand:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/01/18/34D325BA00000578-3619901-image-a-7_1464803862892.jpg

What happens when the Queen visits Cardiff to officially open the fifth Assembly? - Wales Online
Her Majesty the Queen will visit Cardiff on June 7 to officially open the fifth National Assembly for Wales.

The Duke of Edinburgh , Prince of Wales , and Duchess of Cornwall are also due to attend.

During her visit to Cardiff she will also visit Cardiff University to open the Brain Research Imaging Centre.

A 21 Gun Salute begins at 11.30am with the royal party arriving at the Senedd at 11.40am. The ceremony begins in the Siambr at 11.45am. That will last for 15 minutes.

The Senedd re-opens to the public at noon with free Welsh cakes and tours.

Both Presiding Officer Elin Jones AM , Her Majesty the Queen and First Minister Carwyn Jones AM will all make speeches.

A really busy time for The Queen she looked amazing and honestly is AMAZING IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom