The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Is the building kind of a "monument" or famous building? Can it be for security reasons? To avoid terrorism? I would guess landmark+2 princes is a rather tempting target.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry admired the views from the building’s 42nd floor, 200 metres above street level, and met senior executives from joint developers British Land and Oxford Properties and members of the construction team, including four apprentices that worked on the project.

They were also presented with a bespoke Lego model of the building, created in tribute to the pioneering techniques employed in its construction whereby 80% of the building, including the 18,000 tonne steel structure, was pre-fabricated before being assembled on site.

The Leadenhall Building, also known as ‘The Cheesegrater’ on account of its distinctive sloping shape which is designed to protect views of St Paul’s Cathedral, is now close to fully occupied. Aon, the world’s largest insurance broker, has relocated its global headquarters from Chicago and recently welcomed 2,000 staff to the building. The company is joined by specialty insurer Amlin and twelve other companies from a range of industry sectors including the building’s architects, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners.
Read more: 19th October 2015 - The Leadenhall Building

Old 10-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

a few more pictures of the opening The Leadenhall Building.
http://36.media.tumblr.com/9c24b54ed...rwxoo1_500.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/2fac8268d...t3uno1_500.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/84a5b1d99...t3uno1_500.jpg
Old 10-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

From the Court Circular 19/10

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales this morning visited the Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London EC3.

Their Royal Highnesses, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, attended a Meeting at the Leadenhall Building.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-21-2015, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen and Camilla attended a horse whispering demonstation by Brooke Global Ambassador Monty Roberts at the Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace - October 21, 2015.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall Attend Engagement in Support of the Brooke - Zimbio

Daily Mail photos
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5448187924.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5448885544.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5448816740.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5448804193.jpg
Old 10-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Nice to see them together, with almost coordinated outfits !
Old 10-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Queen is joined by Camilla at Buckingham Palace Royal Mews | Daily Mail Online

Two engagements for Camilla today
Old 10-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely, such an event "out" together. The two of them really feel at ease with each other.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Telegraph Hill @TelegraphHillHQ
Great night shooting with @KensingtonRoyal, The Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry and @wearefulleffect.

https://twitter.com/TelegraphHillHQ/...51543179190272
Old 10-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It probably was a very enjoyable afternoon for both the Queen and Camilla as they both dearly love animals and especially horses. From reading the article, it most definitely shows that HM sincerely has a passion for her horses and really grew to appreciate the work Monty does as the horse whisperer.

I just wonder if there were any kind of thoughts going through her head on how possible it would be to use "whispering" methods on politicians and statesmen and such.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

OK first off- both ladies rock in those outfits! So it IS Monty Roberts! I thought for a sec- " Horse whisperer - Who? What in the world? Then I saw a photo in another thread, and thought it looked like Monty Roberts, but my eyes weren't sure. Then I saw more photos- and all makes sense. HM and Camilla look like they are in heaven. TBH, my first thought when I heard " horse whisperer " was " How awesome- HM and Camilla must have attended some event having to do with the themes of ACGAS, horses, and Robert Hardy." I am so silly!

Observations -
It is not easy to curtsy in a poncho.
The first photo that shows HM and Camilla sitting in the wicker chairs- the facial expressions are priceless!
Old 10-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Royal Highness

Video:
Her Majesty made a surprise visit to the stables at the Royal Mews in Buckingham Palace with the Duchess of Cornwall to see horse whisperer Monty Roberts demonstrate his skills on the royal steeds.

Home - ITNSource News

Look from 1:45 when the Queen is walking. This is not a frail 90 year old.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 1h1 hour ago
The Queen & Prince Charles host a reception @ St James's Palace in advance of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Mtg. (CHOGM) next Tuesday

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Live: Kate Middleton joins Harry and Wills on charity visit to BAFTA for Shaun the Sheep premiere - Mirror Online
Old 10-26-2015, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton joins Princes William and Harry at BAFTA for Shaun the Sheep premiere | Daily Mail Online

The trio at a BAFTA engagement today.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton joins Princes William and Harry at BAFTA for Shaun the Sheep premiere | Daily Mail Online
Y'know- I don't know whether to laugh or cry happy tears here. You've got the Royals throwing wellies- and I can't tell who's having more fun - the children- or the so called adults.
Then you've got children hugging Kate- bring on the happy tears!
Then, it's on to arts and crafts, and again, I cannot tell who is having more fun- the children- or the so called adults- especially William! You gotta love when the future King of England is wearing a sheep hat on his head!
Love that special needs kids were included too.
So I ended up both crying and laughing!
Old 10-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

What time will they attend the premiere this evening?
Old 10-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal World Premiere SPECTRE 007 with TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry

Old 10-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

There are so many great photos from the BAFTA event today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
What time will they attend the premiere this evening?
I don't think a time was given, but it looks like all of the actors from the movie are arriving now. I imagine they'll be arriving shortly. Probably after all the celebs have arrived/been interviewed.

ETA: They are supposed to be arriving at 7 (UK time). So in about 45 minutes.

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events