British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Women also fear the stigma and are too frighten or ashamed to get help
Good for what Will Harry and Kate are doing but just my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Hasn't it been recently that Camilla has been bringing attention to this area?

Hasn't it been recently that Camilla has been bringing attention to this area?

I think she did a bit about domestic abuse. But I'm talking about mental health of women being excluded by Will Harry and Kate. Considering Kate being a new mum including PND would seem a good fit.

:previous: Victims of post-natal depression and the mental issues surrounding domestic abuse are more likely to be identified by health professionals by virtue of their situations. It is probably the sole plus in their situation.

Mental health in children is easily overlooked, men fear the stigma and military men and women even more so.
I agree @Marg. Having been through my own post-partum depression, my condition was treated by my ob/gyn and a therapist. Good to see though that this issue along with domestic abuse are being covered by at least two members of the BRF.

If there were more experienced staff at KP this wouldn't have happened. When it was first being discussed Jamie LP would have been on the phone about accommodation and other matters. It shouldn't have been left to the French security forces. Surely it must have been known that this anniversary was a most important one, drawing visitors from all over the world.

I won't click on The Express because it's become a total trash rag. But from the headline I presume that the hotel had room for Harry but not for the Cambridges. Strange. Maybe his staff called earlier.

I did read the article earlier and basically they were fully booked and didn't think it was right to cancel anyone's booking to fit the royals in.

I did read the article earlier and basically they were fully booked and didn't think it was right to cancel anyone's booking to fit the royals in.

I think the hotel made the right call. First come, first served. I'm just surprised that William, Catherine, and Harry weren't booked at the same time by KP staff. Unless they were, and Harry is also out. Maybe the headline is misleading.

I read in another article it was the Foreign Office responsible for making the reservations. This particular five-star hotel near the Somme was booked months in advance and didn't want to evict customers for the royals.

I'm sure other accommodations will be made at a different hotel

I won't click on The Express because it's become a total trash rag. But from the headline I presume that the hotel had room for Harry but not for the Cambridges. Strange. Maybe his staff called earlier.

The headline is misleading. Harry was turned down as well, so now they all have to find another place to stay.

Everyone will be fine, in the end.

The Foreign Office will find somewhere for them to stay. The hotel will get a bit of publicity, which I'm sure was their aim in instigating the story. And the Express gets their little kick in with the airbnb crack as well as some ad revenue.

But, But, But hel..the Express article has me concerned that there is no room at the inn for them!!! Perhaps they should rent a mobile home for the trio????

Worse case scenario, they stay at the British embassy in Paris and Royal Helicopter the 80 miles to the Somme.

:previous: I think that's probably what will happen. It might be more convenient all round for them to stay in Paris.

Wonder if that doesn't happen more often that we think?
Especially since W&K and Harry, after all, are not the Monarch nor the Heir. So looking at it dispassionately they are VIP's alright but not the highest ranking.
And if no guests are willing to move, well, that's it. Bad for business to kick otherwise paying guests out and perhaps the hotel (and their guests) are not at all interested in having the press surrounding the hotel?

I have a feeling this has become a story because it's the BRF.

Wonder if that doesn't happen more often that we think?
Especially since W&K and Harry, after all, are not the Monarch nor the Heir. So looking at it dispassionately they are VIP's alright but not the highest ranking.
And if no guests are willing to move, well, that's it. Bad for business to kick otherwise paying guests out and perhaps the hotel (and their guests) are not at all interested in having the press surrounding the hotel?

I have a feeling this has become a story because it's the BRF.
Yes Muhler. It's rather more, I think that the press assumes that they would stay locally. Or even in a Hotel.
I did a search for 5 star hotels in the area - and even heading toward the coast, where there were past year's battlefield celebrations, the 5 star pickings are slim.
Plus, I'd think that security concerns trump whether or not a facility has 5 stars. Private homes have made excellent choices for royal stays in the past.
It's not as if they could not drive in for the day from elsewhere. Somewhere safe and less expected.

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales visited The Prince's Trust Centre in Kennington, London today to mark the 40th anniversary of The Prince's Trust. .

Home - ITNSource News

The truth is that the Quai d'Orsay in Paris (Foreign affairs) just checked the availability of the hotel ( as they did for VARIOUS hotels around Amiens) and this particular one was just fully booked during the time of the stay of the royals

Désolé c'est complet. Un hôtel à Amiens a dû décliner une réservation... de la famille royale britannique

Of course the hotel didn't turn down the BRF...

Hotel Marotte - Hôtel de Charme - Amiens - HOTEL MAROTTE

:previous:
Wasn't the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France notified well in advance about the engagement in question? Why were they unable to make reservations?

At the same time, the drama in mass media is characteristically cheap and British.

Last edited:
No need to worry. The royal party will have a place to stay.

Wasn't the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France notified well in advance about the engagement in question? Why were they unable to make a reservations?

Of course yes ! The events will be in July so the quai D'Orsay is currently making plans for the visit. During the process one of the hotels selected by offcials just precised that they were unfortunately fully booked for the intended stay of the BRF (it's a small hotel in the center of Amiens, only 12 rooms !). It's as simply as that !

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarifications!:flowers:
As usually, the mass media in a hysterical frenzy is very British and cheap.

Last edited:
I stayed in Albert - another town not far from the Somme battlefields in 2014 and was told then that most hotels in the Somme area of all levels were fully booked for the period from late June to early July this year for the 100th commemorations of the Somme with some people making their bookings up to 10 years ago at the 90th commemorations.

Thus to be leaving it to four months beforehand shows lack of planning or arrogance on the part of the BRF.

The tour company I travel with normally takes around 20 - 30 school groups around that time to the Somme and this year they have said 'no groups' at all in the June/July school holidays as the entire Somme area is fully booked (that announcement was sent to schools in 2014 as well).

I think she did a bit about domestic abuse. But I'm talking about mental health of women being excluded by Will Harry and Kate. Considering Kate being a new mum including PND would seem a good fit.

Duchess of Cornwall tells how she wants to 'shine a light on the violence hiding in the dark corners of our society’ http://t.co/QFUIrR3jQW

I will be interested in reading this. I don't know if ANY royal can sprinkle royal fairy dust on this problem and make it better. Bold move to take this one on.
I mean any royal !! I'm not saying this because it's Camila. I know they take on mental health visting jails etc.
I just don't see a visit by a royal "shinning a light on it " can help.
Please note this is JMO.

Fairy dust now available.

Not sure what your meaning, is there a reduction in domestic violence since Camilla went to the shelter ?

Not sure what your meaning, is there a reduction in domestic violence since Camilla went to the shelter ?

Is there a reduction in child mental health issues since St Kate began dabbling in her causes or in homelessness since William hooked up with Centrepoint?

The point, as I understood it, was to raise awareness of the issue so more women would come forward to get the help they need. That should actually result in an increase in reporting not a decrease.

But then again, as it's something Camilla does and not William, Kate or Diana, of course there can't be any merit to it.

I have to think that the many members of the BRF that are tackling certain areas of mental health issues can do nothing but raise awareness of the symptoms, the help available and inform to remove the stigma that having mental health problems and issues are something to be ashamed of and to seek professional help. It also clearly puts into focus the places where the help is available at.

If only one person listens and learns and discovers that he/she is not alone in having these problems and seeks professional help, the BRF has made a difference and their work is worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom