British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
James and Pippa - certainly - were reported at returning from a week in the Caribbean on Saturday so they haven't been staying there since Christmas. Normally the Middleton's spend Carole's birthday in the Caribbean which would fit with this break by the younger Middleton children.

The Middleton's attended the Christmas service in 2013.

The first time I remember them attending was 2014, reportedly having been personally invited to do so by the Queen. In 2014 the Middleton family were photographed at the church but did not walk from Sandringham, they arrived discretely via car prior to the Royal family's stroll from Sandringham. This is the first that they've been photographed walking from Sandringham to attend services. My impression is that in the Sundays after Christmas who ever happens to be visiting the Queen and Phillip at Sandringham walks w/ Phillip and/or rides with the Queen to church on the Sunday's following Christmas.

Thank you both for the information. I must've missed the photos of Pippa and James in the Caribbean.

So different dresses to the ones they had last year - still would save my money given the lack of information about the palace and the uses of the rooms available - a 'guide' in some rooms that you have to go to to ask for information but there can be a huge crowd waiting to ask about things. Much better when they had the audio-guide but I was told they didn't want people actually standing in each room and looking at the pictures etc and listening to information as people took too long but the new way means people aren't even getting any information at all. I was in one room with a group of Americans who were complaining quite loudly that they weren't able to learn anything about the palace or who lived there due to lack of information boards, guides, or audio-guides. I filled in one of their 'survey forms' but was told by the people on the desk that I handed it to - had to hand it in - no where to put it anonymously - that negative ones had to be shredded and not sent to the people in charge.

Audio Guide backup is definitely a problem. During the diamond jubilee Diamond exhibit at BP, I was so frustrated nobody kept moving but stopped right in front of each case and listened to audio guide. Look and listen while moving, people. Maybe they can get Helen Mirren to give friendly reminders to keep moving while listening.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Audio Guide backup is definitely a problem. During the diamond jubilee Diamond exhibit at BP, I was so frustrated nobody kept moving but stopped right in front of each case and listened to audio guide. Look and listen while moving, people. Maybe they can get Helen Mirren to give friendly reminders to keep moving while listening.

Grand idea. Helen Mirren did an excellent job in the Budweiser commercial during the Super Bowl last Sunday. She tells it like it is. Especially loved the comment "if your brain was donated to science, science would return it". :ROFLMAO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb2VXVmUga4

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Duke and #DuchessofCambridge and #PrinceHarry will mark the Somme centenary in France, June 30/July 1, says @BritishMonarchy

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Queen and Prince Philip will mark the event at @wabbey while Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will also travel to France..

Also The Duke of York will be in Manchester and Princess Anne in Canada

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

The Duke+Duchess of Cambridge+Prince Harry will join Prince Charles+Camilla at the Somme 100th anniversary commemorations in France.
https://twitter.com/royalreporter/status/699252345050427392

Details of #Somme100 have been announced; while the Queen and Philip will mark events in London, William, Kate and Harry will be in France.
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/status/699251903239221249

The Queen and DofE will attend an evening vigil at Westminster Abbey on June 30; William, Kate and Harry in France June 30/July 1 #Somme100
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/status/699252894231633920

Princess Anne will attend Somme commemorative events in Canada from June 29 to July 1.
https://twitter.com/royalreporter/status/699253509980626944

Correction: Charles and Camilla will attend events in France on July 1 but not June 30. Duke+Duchess of Gloucester will be in France July 1.
https://twitter.com/royalreporter/status/699253961396719616

Last edited:
Strange that Edward and Sophie aren't doing anything for this.... Perhaps they will be busy travelling for the 60th anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award around that time.

Nice to see the others taking part and showing their support.

The Queen will lead the nation in commemorating the centenary of the Battle of the Somme this summer, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The commemorative events will take place on June 30 and July 1 in Britain and France, as well as in Commonwealth countries that lost men in one of the bloodiest battles in history.

The events will begin with an evening vigil at Westminster Abbey on June 30, attended by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, while the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will be at events in France.

The Prince of Wales will join his sons and daughter-in-law in France on July 1, together with the Duchess of Cornwall, while the Princess Royal will be taking part in commemorations in Canada.
Read more: Queen to lead the nation in commemorating 100th anniversary of Battle of the Somme - Telegraph

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Duke and #DuchessofCambridge and #PrinceHarry will mark the Somme centenary in France, June 30/July 1, says @BritishMonarchy

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Queen and Prince Philip will mark the event at @wabbey while Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will also travel to France..

Also The Duke of York will be in Manchester and Princess Anne in Canada

Safe to say Princess Anne will be in St. John's, Newfoundland for the Memorial Service for The Royal Newfoundland Regiment on Canada Day. My Dad has a good friend from Newfoundland he worked w/, and he told me it's called The Day That Changed Newfoundland Forever, because close to an entire Generation of Men were wiped out in one day at Beaumont Hamel.

I wonder if Charles and Camilla, William and Catherine and Harry will be split up to attend Ceremonies in different areas, or if there will be one major event they'll all be at?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne attended the presentation of The Queen's Anniversary Prizes for higher and further education at Buckingham Palace today, February 25:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have held a reception for graduates of the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, following an awards presentation ceremony at Buckingham Palace on Thursday. His sister, Princess Anne was also in attendance-

Home - ITNSource News

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 2h2 hours ago
The Queen & Prince of Wales will visit @PrincesTrust centre in Kennington together, March 8, to mark the 40th anniversary of @PrincesTrust

I'm surprised the Cambridge's and Harry won't be there.

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 2h2 hours ago
The Queen & Prince of Wales will visit @PrincesTrust centre in Kennington together, March 8, to mark the 40th anniversary of @PrincesTrust

I'm surprised the Cambridge's and Harry won't be there.

There's going to be many events for the 40th anniversary.

I was wondering if this was (for the royal family) a short notice engagement as this was due to be the start of the Spanish State visit.

Also W might be working as he is in London on 11th and possibly 14th (if he attends WAbbey Commonwealth Service)

There's going to be many events for the 40th anniversary.

I was wondering if this was (for the royal family) a short notice engagement as this was due to be the start of the Spanish State visit.

Also W might be working as he is in London on 11th and possibly 14th (if he attends WAbbey Commonwealth Service)

Oh I see. I know this anniversary is very big for Charles and so many others, so I hope the Cambridge's and Harry are part of these celebrations.

Oh I see. I know this anniversary is very big for Charles and so many others, so I hope the Cambridge's and Harry are part of these celebrations.

William and Harry already participated. They did the Ant & Dec interview.

It is great the Queen is showing support for her son and his work.

William and Harry already participated. They did the Ant & Dec interview.

It is great the Queen is showing support for her son and his work.

Yeah, but I'm sure there will be celebrations for the anniversary and I expect them to participate.

Everyone will be able to watch the service. It will be broadcast Live on BBC One. I'm glad the young royals are now attending this service on a regular bases.

Are Charles and Camilla not attending the Commonwealth service this year? Duties elsewhere?

Article in the Sunday Times on the joint efforts of William, Catherine and Harry regarding mental health issues.

As some of this is already known, I'll summarise the new information:

THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are joining forces with Prince Harry to launch a year-long campaign on mental health.

Each of the three will focus on particular areas of mental health in which they have an interest.

Prince Harrywill concentrate on the “invisible injuries” of servicemen and women, including post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and anxiety disorders.

The Ministry of Defence said last week that 7,434 armed forces personnel had been assessed as having a mental health condition between April 2014 and September 2015.

The duchess will highlight mental health problems suffered by children and the importance of early intervention. The duke will focus on the difficulties affecting young men, from teenagers to men of his own age.

[mention of known public engagements this coming week]

The three will launch their campaign at the end of April. Royal sources said they were working with charities and “creatives” on a name for the campaign.

By working together on a joint campaign, the duke and duchess and Prince Harry believe they can send a powerful message across society on the importance of these issues ...... Focusing on veterans, children and young men shows how broad the issues are and how many different people mental health affects.

Royals in three-pronged bid to boost mental health | The Sunday Times

Assume this is the correct thread

Pity no one is taking on depression of women. Post natal depression or mental illness because of domestic abuse etc

Pity no one is taking on depression of women. Post natal depression or mental illness because of domestic abuse etc

Princess Alexandra is Patron of MIND, - deals with mental illness inc p-n depression.

But its a v good point.

:previous: Victims of post-natal depression and the mental issues surrounding domestic abuse are more likely to be identified by health professionals by virtue of their situations. It is probably the sole plus in their situation.

Mental health in children is easily overlooked, men fear the stigma and military men and women even more so.

:previous: Victims of post-natal depression and the mental issues surrounding domestic abuse are more likely to be identified by health professionals by virtue of their situations. It is probably the sole plus in their situation.

Mental health in children is easily overlooked, men fear the stigma and military men and women even more so.

Women also fear the stigma and are too frighten or ashamed to get help
Good for what Will Harry and Kate are doing but just my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom