The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Commoner

Has anyone seen his cameo for their Rugby event today? Lol now he's acting ..hmmh.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thousands of fans were treated to a spectacular opening ceremony at Twickenham tonight ahead of the 2015 Rugby World Cup opening game.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were among those captivated by the ceremony, which featured fireworks, a giant ball and stunning special effects.

The Duchess was seen beaming and laughing in a smart blue coat as she prepared to watch England take on Fiji in the much-anticipated home game.

Her husband, who was dressed in a dark blue suit and a patterned tie, also appeared to be in good spirits.
He was seen putting on a pair of black-framed glasses as the game - which is currently underway - kicked off at 8pm.

Shortly before, Prince Harry had taken to the stage, in front of fans dressed in colourful outfits and face paint, and Prime Minister David Cameron.

The prince - honorary president of England Rugby 2015, the organising committee staging the tournament - told attendees and millions of viewers: 'This evening marks the beginning of a celebration of rugby which I hope will inspire current players, those new to the game and future generations.
Read more: Kate kicks off the World Cup: Royals join 82,000 fans at 'Fortress Twickenham' as England begin quest for glory against Fiji* | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge at the Rugby World Cup-

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attend the opening ceremony | The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge at the Rugby World Cup | Galleries | Pics | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The three of them. Funny picture
https://40.media.tumblr.com/ef35aa0f...d44ko2_540.jpg
Old 09-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Kates faces is how I looked today :P This was the first time I watched any kind of rugby :P Most of the time was spent on trying to figure out what on earth was happening, the other time I was making faces and thinking someone would end up breaking their neck!! Rugby is BRUTAL! :O
Old 09-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

Kate's rugby faces are almost as good as her tennis faces. Per an earlier Vanity Fair article from Pippa, the Middletons are hard core rugby fans.

I figured the rugby out watching the six nations matches that they showed on BBC America a few years ago. I can see how American football evolved from it. Just remember the passes have to be backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-18-2015, 07:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rugby is fun - and it is even great when played by girls.

For the Americans here - please note - this is NOT the game that the 49s Aussie player played. Jared Haynes played Rugby League not Rugby Union. There are similarities between the two rugby codes but there are also major differences e.g. no rucks or mauls in league and only 13 players in league to 15 in union. Personally I prefer Union to League but will watch both - last night was at the League, this morning watched the union, tonight I am going to the AFL.

The Rugby World Cup is the third largest sporting event in the world in terms of the number of nations playing but fourth in the size of the expected audience (cricket will have more spectators simply because India play cricket - it is virtually their national sport and their players are treated as superstars).
Old 09-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I think my fellows Americans won't be too confused. If you live outside of the San Francisco area, you probably don't know who Jared Haynes is, rugby isn't carried by ESPN so most Americans probably have never watched it. Let alone know there is two different forms.

Probably the only people here might be familiar with is the punter in the NFL or College Football might run before kicking it aka rugby style.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think my fellows Americans won't be too confused. If you live outside of the San Francisco area, you probably don't know who Jared Haynes is, rugby isn't carried by ESPN so most Americans probably have never watched it. Let alone know there is two different forms.

Probably the only people here might be familiar with is the punter in the NFL or College Football might run before kicking it aka rugby style.

Yes, I must admit, I've never heard of Jared Haynes, and had no idea there were two different forms of rugby. I only have a very general idea of what rugby is, and I suspect it's the same for most Americans (admittedly, I'm no particular sports fan, but keeping up with the basics of American football, baseball, basketball, hockey - and occasionally soccer - is really on the limits of what I can handle anyway, lol.)

Really nice to see William, Kate and Harry enjoying themselves and getting quite into it!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the press coverage here in Australia everyone in American is talking about Jared Haynes and the way he is playing over there ....
Old 09-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

NFL coverage in America is focused on your local team. You get your local team game on tv plus 3 to 4 nationally televised games. You have to get a special TV package to watch all the games. A backup running back/return guy isn't going to be well know outside his local area.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
From the press coverage here in Australia everyone in American is talking about Jared Haynes and the way he is playing over there ....

I haven't heard anything - I mean, he's certainly not a household name or anything, though the NFL season has only just started. (Also, his name is apparently Jarryd Hayne, not Jared Haynes - Google had to set me straight on that one!)
Old 09-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's great that Harry can get into the spirit of things and do a little cameo that amused the crowd. They appreciated it.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh my... Harry simply did a great appearance yesterday evening! He reminded me a lot of Her Majesty's cameo with Craig! Very telling!
Old 09-19-2015, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I made the stupid mistake of looking at DM comments on the royals at rugby. It was the typical- taxpayer are paying for this, Kate knew cameras where on her and she hammed it up for them like an actress and then Wills looked bored and must hate rugby.

I just wanted to mention that William doesn't hate rugby. He quite likes it. He is the Vice Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union. The Welsh Team is in the same pool as the English Team. Only the top two in the pool go to the next part of the tournament. Australia is the number 2 ranked team in the world. They are in the same pool group. So out of the 2nd, 4th, 5th ranked in the world only 2 will make it.

Wales would have benefited from Fiji beating England but William cant openly root for Fiji during this match. Harry is the English Vice Patron so he is openly rooting for England. Kate can root for anybody because she doesn't have an official relationship with a team. William is rooting for the Welsh so he isn't going to be like his wife and brother in his behavior. He is going to be more sedate.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Kates faces is how I looked today :P This was the first time I watched any kind of rugby :P Most of the time was spent on trying to figure out what on earth was happening, the other time I was making faces and thinking someone would end up breaking their neck!! Rugby is BRUTAL! :O

You should watch a Para Rugby game. They don't call it Murderball for nothing. Boy can those chairs turn on a dime too.

Canada lost to Ireland, which means we're in a bit of a hole from here on out. One thing I love about Harry's Patronage of English Rugby is that he went and did what needs to be done to be a Certified Coach. He could have easily just "be a Royal Patron", but he wanted to become certified so when it came time for him to attend workshops, he could help out instead of just standing there on the sidelines as "The Royal Patron".

Got to respect him for that.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-20-2015, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Well Rugby is a very serious issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
You should watch a Para Rugby game. They don't call it Murderball for nothing. Boy can those chairs turn on a dime too.

Canada lost to Ireland, which means we're in a bit of a hole from here on out. One thing I love about Harry's Patronage of English Rugby is that he went and did what needs to be done to be a Certified Coach. He could have easily just "be a Royal Patron", but he wanted to become certified so when it came time for him to attend workshops, he could help out instead of just standing there on the sidelines as "The Royal Patron".

Got to respect him for that.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Prince Harry is also openly dyslexic and so, in my humble opinion deserves even more kudous for this accomplishment.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

When this couple smile and laugh together- wow! Love it! You can see how much they love each other- if that ain't love I don't know what is. Especially when they laugh you can see the love. My mom says laughter is an essential ingredient for a happy marriage, and William and Kate seem like the happiest couple!
Some of Kate's facial expressions are .... priceless!
This couple never fails to make my day, and once again didn't disappoint!
Old 09-22-2015, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will visit the BBC's DIY SOS Team for The Big Build: Veteran's Special

23rd September 2015

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will join the BBC's DIY SOS team in Manchester as they help turn a street scattered with derelict houses into liveable homes for ex-service personnel.

BBC - DIY SOS tackle their biggest build yet! - Media Centre
Old 09-22-2015, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

That's awesome!

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events