The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-06-2015, 01:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Their office - their rules.

As Charles' and Andrew's offices are the same I see nothing unusual.

The only office on top of things - sort of - is the one at BP. CH, KP and the DoY's offices are all like this - slow to announce anything in advance, if they even do so.

Why pick on just the Cambridge's who are using the modern medium of twitter to announce rather than the more old fashioned website approach.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Their office - their rules.

As Charles' and Andrew's offices are the same I see nothing unusual.

The only office on top of things - sort of - is the one at BP. CH, KP and the DoY's offices are all like this - slow to announce anything in advance, if they even do so.

Why pick on just the Cambridge's who are using the modern medium of twitter to announce rather than the more old fashioned website approach.
There's nothing wrong with them using twitter, but there should be a list of their future engagements for the Cambridge's to refer to. I can go on to the BP website and see the future engagements for the Wessex's, Kent's, Gloucester's, Anne, The Queen & Philip. Why must the Cambridge's future engagements list be any different?

I'm giving up the conversation, but I just thought I should point out the differences in official engagements listing, that's all.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-06-2015, 02:46 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
There's nothing wrong with them using twitter, but there should be a list of their future engagements for the Cambridge's to refer to. I can go on to the BP website and see the future engagements for the Wessex's, Kent's, Gloucester's, Anne, The Queen & Philip. Why must the Cambridge's future engagements list be any different?

I'm giving up the conversation, but I just thought I should point out the differences in official engagements listing, that's all.
Just a question. Could it be that the official engagements that are approved by the Queen as the engagement being listed in the CC as one where the Cambridges officially represent the Crown are so few and far between that there's not that many to list at this time? From what I've observed, most times when an engagement is announced for either Will or Kate, it has to do with their own personal charities or the Royal Foundation and not as representatives of HM.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

That might make sense but... why does CH not send Charles' and Camilla's through ... and why are the charity events of the minor royals there?

The simple answer is that the Wales' branch, including the Cambridge's and Andrew don't go through BP's press office but run their own shows which is why they don't have their engagements up in advance, or as far in advance, as the rest of the BRF.

Charles is the busiest of the royals and according to the FE he has nothing in October and last week had nothing for September but now has 1 for the 8th and 6 for the 10th 6of which are associated with organisations of which he is patron/president and only 1 where he is colonel-in-chief - which is the only one where he could be 'representing the Queen' rather than just his personal interests.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Addendum to previous message as unable to edit - get strange screen which I tried to 'snip' to show but that made the post nearly three times the allowed length of a post.

It isn't just the Cambridge's though who don't have their FEs on the Monarchy website.

I don't understand why it is only the Cambridge's who are being singled out when it is the entire Wales' branch of the family - Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry - so why pick on just William and Kate??

I really don't understand that and no one seems to be able to explain to me why they only pick on the Cambridge's rather than look at the big picture - that it is the entire Wales' branch of the family.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:44 AM
Serene Highness

I don't understand why they only pick on the Cambridge's too.
IMO one of the first things they should have done when they tried making one big 'Royal Communications' office was ditching all these separate websites, even harry and the Cambridge's now seems to have a different address once you click onto their pages of what use to be the Prince of Wales' website. Interestingly most of the other european royal webpages have gone from separate websites for the Sovereigns and heirs to one website for all.
I think that as all the Wales family now have their own website away from the BP one they set their own rules for when to announce engagements and as such don't always feel the need to list them on the Future engagements part of the main BP website. It does seem odd to me because surely from a PR point of view you'd want the message to get out there as much as possible, maybe a they use different sites they can't upload the info onto the BP site?
Hopefully its not a sign that in the future we won't get to hear about engagements in advance. IMO if the Queen can have her engagements listed at least a month in advance (she has an engagement sited today for the 7th Nov) then I don't see why any other member of the family can't do the same as it can't be for security or similar reasons.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

A further post on the detailed breakdown of the FE has been made in the Engagements Thread as I think that is the best place for the analysis of the FE in relation to the CC.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyone know where Camilla is? She wasn't at church today with Charles and the Queen and she wasn't at the games yesterday.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Could she be spending time with her own family? If she was in Scotland, she probably would have gone to church.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Braemar Gathering on September 5, 2015 in Braemar, Scotland

Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - The 2015 Braemar Highland Gathering - Zimbio

Belga

http://portal.belgaimage.be/editorial/coverage/5207041
Old 09-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Anyone know where Camilla is? She wasn't at church today with Charles and the Queen and she wasn't at the games yesterday.
Camilla is known to take some time to be with her family and sometimes she take a little vacation when she get the chance.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Braemar Gathering on September 5, 2015 in Braemar, Scotland

Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - The 2015 Braemar Highland Gathering - Zimbio

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Great photos.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Elizabeth II arrives for the Sunday Service at Crathie Kirk | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a BAFTA event in October-
Kate Middleton resumes public duties after four months of maternity leave | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Prince Philip, William, Kate, Harry & Princess Eugenie will pop up at a fair few Commonwealth matches too #perksofthejob #RugbyWorldCup

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the opening ceremony and match at Twickenham on 18 September #RugbyWorldCup

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will host a reception for participating nations at Buckingham Palace with Prince Harry & Princess Anne.

Lots of engagements coming up for members of the Royal Family to celebrate the #RugbyWorldCup which kicks off next Friday.
---------------------------------------------------------

There is more information on the British Monarchy website. Many British royals are involved. From the Queen to Gloucesters and everyone in between. The Rugby World Cup 2015 may need its own thread.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...ldCup2015.aspx
Old 09-16-2015, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As there's more than 1 RF member attending :)

@KensingtonRoyal: The Duke and Duchess and Prince Harry will attend the world premiere of #SPECTRE in aid of @thectbf on Oct 26 http://t.co/FnYmQ4MMsu
Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
As there's more than 1 RF member attending :)

@KensingtonRoyal: The Duke and Duchess and Prince Harry will attend the world premiere of #SPECTRE in aid of @thectbf on Oct 26 http://t.co/FnYmQ4MMsu
Nice! I love that the trio keeps doing things as a team :)
Old 09-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5m5 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have arrived at Twickenham for the Rugby World Cup opening ceremony.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Prince Harry made a cameo in the opening ceremony intro.

https://youtu.be/Z3Mbd9W9u50
Old 09-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...y_3445470k.jpg

William and Kate
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...w_3445469k.jpg

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events