The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Who knows how is it decided who goes to what event? It came out that the people organizing the 7/7 event at Hyde Park asked for William to attend and he did. But how was it decided that Andrew would go the St Paul's service. How did the Wessexes get invited to the VJ service, were they asked by organizers or invite by the Queen? We don't know.

So speculating why this Royal did or didn't attend is fruitless because we aren't really going to know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I imagine the Wessex's were invited as Sophie is patron of the Java Far East Prisoners of War Club which had a link to the day.

Nice to see that the Wessex's still go to Balmoral annually. I think it's great the Queen has this time with her youngest grandchildren as she likely wont be around to see them get married and have their own children. I am sure she thoroughly enjoys spending time with them and her son and wife. They seem to be the ones who spend the most time with the Queen and Philip but that is probably due to their children being small.

Wonder where Edward and James were during the piping concert.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The FE doesn't list the Wales' family for the most part nor Andrew's. They have their own websites but even then the Wales' site is very rarely updated with their engagements in advance.
I just find it odd that the Cambridge's future official engagements aren't applied to a calendar so everyone can see what they will be doing in a weeks or months time. Like other members of the royal family. One have to wait for the out of the blue tweet about engagements. Staff is being paid to sleep on the job, IMO.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just find it odd that the Cambridge's future official engagements aren't applied to a calendar so everyone can see what they will be doing in a weeks or months time. Like other members of the royal family. One have to wait for the out of the blue tweet about engagements. Staff is being paid to sleep on the job, IMO.
Well, as Iluvbertie said, it's nothing special for the Cambridges. Don't see why their staff should be singled out. The walses staff and some of the others do the same.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

It is not just the Cambridge's.

Charles' entire branch of the family is like this as is Andrew.

Even those in the FE aren't always accurate as they only list some of the upcoming engagements anyway.

I did a check for about three months in 2012 where I listed the FE events for all members of the family against those public events that they actually carried out and the FE missed about 20% for everyone else and 100% for Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry and Andrew who had nothing in the FE.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

I think one of the reason for not announcing dates too far in advance is security issues. I believe the calendar is well planned and booked, they just wait til closer to the event to announce.

Also the more timely announcing limits the questions for the press office to the immediate future. If events were announced 2 months in advance - they would be fielding logistical questions for multiple events or providing a burden on the organization or chamber of commerce hosting for a longer period of time.

jmo - i dont know for sure
Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen herself only has 2 engagements listed in September. It only shows the current month and next. Anne has multiple pages for September engagements.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The totals listed so far for September: (Yes I am bored on a Saturday morning)

The Queen - 2
Philip - 3
Charles - 0
Camilla - 0
William - 0
Kate - 0
Harry - 0
Andrew - 0
Beatrice - 0
Eugenie - 0
Edward - 25
Sophie - 22
Anne - 40*
Tim - 0
Richard - 24
Birgitte - 15
Edward - 0
Katherine - 0
Michael - 0
Marie-Christine - 0
Alexandra - 5

That gives a total of = 136

It should be noted that for Anne the last four days of September simply says: President, The Duke of Edinburgh's Commonwealth Study Conference, will visit The Bahamas, Barbados, Grenada and Jamaica for the Caribbean - Canadian Emerging Leaders' Dialogue. As this is an overseas tour there is bound to be more than one event per day across these four nations.

Edward has one day where he is scheduled to go to Germany - out and back in a day which is not unusual for many royals.

Note that there is nothing for the Wales' or York branches of the BRF - which is the point that we have been making all along - they don't get their engagements listed in the FE.

I remember reading a few years ago that the press office were often frustrated with Andrew as he wouldn't tell them what he engagements actually were in advance. Charles keeps his family away from the BP office anyway.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles & Camilla are always listed in the Future Engagement list on the Monarchy website. They were listed there not that long ago.

I'm just saying that we know what The Queen & Prince Philip and other members of the royal family will be doing in several days, weeks and even in a months time. The Cambridge's future engagements should be listed the same way. It's odd that we have to only find out what their future engagements are in the out of the blue tweets from the royal reporters and correspondents.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-29-2015, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It's not just a Cambridge thing. Harry's future engagements are handled the exact same way.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Charles & Camilla are always listed in the Future Engagement list on the Monarchy website. They were listed there not that long ago.

I'm just saying that we know what The Queen & Prince Philip and other members of the royal family will be doing in several days, weeks and even in a months time. The Cambridge's future engagements should be listed the same way. It's odd that we have to only find out what their future engagements are in the out of the blue tweets from the royal reporters and correspondents.

Actually, as shown by Iluvbertie's calculations (and this is pretty much her area of expertise, and I'm thankful for her Saturday morning boredom ), we quite obviously don't have all the future engagements listed for quite a few members of the family. Do you really think Charles, Camilla, and Andrew are all going to have zero engagements for the month? I know many of us like to keep up with what the Cambridges are doing, but I feel like that often leads to them being singled out for doing or not doing something, even when it's not something unique to them.

Certainly, think it would be better if all of the future engagements of all members of the family were listed on the sites, but I'm sure there are reasons why they aren't. It did occur to me that security might be a factor, but other things, such as stubbornness and lack of communication, probably play their part, too.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

The DM is up with a Braemar report. The Queen and the Duke, Charles (sans Camilla - not the first time for this event) and (SURPRISE) Autumn and Peter! Queen Elizabeth II makes her annual visit to the Braemar games | Daily Mail Online
For Mark Cuthbert fans, he is there and there should be more photos on Getty and Zimbio, shortly.

The DM includes a rare photo of the Prince of Wales digging about in his sporran for the keys to the car. Or something.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

Our soon to be longest reigning British monarch looks great.

This is my favourite picture. Look at the Queen's face when she receives flowers from the children.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1467974659.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1472148699.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1467974739.jpg
Old 09-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing we can count on each year is the royal family having a good ol' time at the Braemer games and this year doesn't disappoint one bit. Looking at the pictures, I have to believe that these games are tops on HM's favorite events to attend. Her smile and her laughing lights up her entire face better than any makeup artist could.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

This is my favourite picture. Look at the Queen's face when she receives flowers from the children.

Take a look at the reflection off her purse as she gets those flowers! And since the DM took it down - the Prince and his sporran: http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xt/487...212|29|388&s=1
Old 09-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think it's really sweet that HM and Prince Philip were sharing the same blanket. After all these years, they still seem to love each other very much. It's love stories like theirs that make me believe in love at first sight!

I always love the interactions between HM and Prince Charles at the Highland Gathering as well. So many "caption this" opportunities

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Take a look at the reflection off her purse as she gets those flowers!
Oh how cool! Almost looks like a monitor screen. No wonder the nuns always said to never wear black patent leather shoes.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen attended the annual Braemar gathering today on it's 200th Anniversary. She is the patron of the event and her appearance comes just days before she officially becomes the nation's longest serving Monarch, breaking Queen Victoria's record set more than 100 years ago-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The DM is up with a Braemar report. The Queen and the Duke, Charles (sans Camilla - not the first time for this event) and (SURPRISE) Autumn and Peter! Queen Elizabeth II makes her annual visit to the Braemar games | Daily Mail Online
For Mark Cuthbert fans, he is there and there should be more photos on Getty and Zimbio, shortly.

The DM includes a rare photo of the Prince of Wales digging about in his sporran for the keys to the car. Or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

First- Red really is HM color. The looks on HM and the Duke of Edinburgh's faces are... wonderful. YM and YRH, do you think you got a big enough lap blanket? HM's handbag is definitely shiny.
And then we have Charles. Sir, it is really ungentlemanly to be digging around in your what- ever it is called! Edit- OK- now Iv'e looked at the right pic- that's kinda gross.
Second- My favorite photo too. All the photos are great.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I have only been reading the CC and FE for about 13 years (since before I was going overseas in 2002 and wanted to plan to see some of the royals) and it has been a very rare events that has been listed in the FE for Charles.

Currently he has nothing listed there for October although there are now events up for the 8th and 10th September but nothing other than that for the entire month - which we know won't be the case at all. Currently The Queen has two listed for September, which is nothing unusual as she is at Balmoral but also she has only two for October, which isn't normal although many of her events are 'receiveds' and 'audience' etc which aren't 'public' occasions and so don't get put up anyway in the FE and are events I won't be putting into my analysis.

My original calculations for September were done a week ago and they now have up events for two days only for Charles. They now have up three events for Camilla - 8th, 9th and 10th September.

This is part of the reason for doing that calculation - to see how many public engagements are listed late in the month before compared to how many are actually undertaken.

For anyone interested in where the royals will be on the 9th - Camilla has an engagement in London on each of those days now so presumably won't be going to London and back to Scotland and back again to London within about a 24 hour period.

Meanwhile Anne has 40+ something events listed for September and 6 pages of events for October. That 4 pages doesn't include the breakdown of events for her overseas tour in September.

Putting events up the week before isn't the same as putting them up a month in advance as they do for others.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I have only been reading the CC and FE for about 13 years (since before I was going overseas in 2002 and wanted to plan to see some of the royals) and it has been a very rare events that has been listed in the FE for Charles.

Currently he has nothing listed there for October although there are now events up for the 8th and 10th September but nothing other than that for the entire month - which we know won't be the case at all. Currently The Queen has two listed for September, which is nothing unusual as she is at Balmoral but also she has only two for October, which isn't normal although many of her events are 'receiveds' and 'audience' etc which aren't 'public' occasions and so don't get put up anyway in the FE and are events I won't be putting into my analysis.

My original calculations for September were done a week ago and they now have up events for two days only for Charles. They now have up three events for Camilla - 8th, 9th and 10th September.

This is part of the reason for doing that calculation - to see how many public engagements are listed late in the month before compared to how many are actually undertaken.

For anyone interested in where the royals will be on the 9th - Camilla has an engagement in London on each of those days now so presumably won't be going to London and back to Scotland and back again to London within about a 24 hour period.

Meanwhile Anne has 40+ something events listed for September and 6 pages of events for October. That 4 pages doesn't include the breakdown of events for her overseas tour in September.

Putting events up the week before isn't the same as putting them up a month in advance as they do for others.
I'm just saying that the Cambridge's future official engagements should be listed in advance in the Future Engagements List. The tweets could follow as a reminder for their engagements. One shouldn't have to wait for a long period of time for an 'out of the blue' engagement tweet to see what they will be doing. I just think their press office staff isn't with it for some odd reason.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events