The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla hit the floor for some dance moves (can't believe i just wrote that).

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Britain Commemorates the 70th Anniversary of VJ Day - Zimbio

Old 08-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The most important part about this recent terror threat is that the chatter about it was picked up and acknowledged well in advance so that extra precautions and security measures could be put in place. I would imagine that the area the royals were in was perhaps the safest place in the world to be at that time.

I'm also of the opinion that the reason Will and Kate did not attend was because of Will's work schedule.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Britain Commemorates the 70th Anniversary of VJ Day - Zimbio
That's awesome!
Old 08-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

Great pictures of Camilla with the elderly veterans.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Camilla does make the most of events and helps others make the most of them too! I like her interaction with people and that gentleman will remember this day for a long time to come!
Old 08-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Britain Commemorates The 70th Anniversary Of VJ Day - Zimbio
Old 08-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Discussions about the likability or otherwise of current and past members of the royal family have been deleted for the obvious reason of being off-topic to the subject of the thread. Further posts relating to the endless and repetitive debate concerning Diana/Charles/Camilla will be deleted without notice.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Courtier

Wonderful to see St Martin-in-the-fields looking so marvellous. An amazing place with an incredible history and ongoing work with the homeless. I hate to say it, but amazed as I am at HM's work ethic and unstinting sense of duty, I did not like her outfit. Personal taste obviously but I didn't like it at all. DOC dancing with a veteran on the other hand however, amazing photograph.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Just on the supposed possible terrorist attacks, I thought it was odd that for all the reports of a possible attack and the heightened security that the Queen and DoE arrived in the Silver Jubilee Car. This was the same one that Camilla and Charles were attacked in, at the time it was widely reported that whilst the windows were 'toughened the car wasn't armoured'. (Could Charles and Camilla have been better protected? - BBC News)
A bit of an odd choice given they could have used the usual, up to date, Bentley State Limousine which is said to be armoured. I imagine at least one of the Bentleys is up at Balmoral but if it was deemed necessary they could have got it back to London.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Oh my gosh!! What an awesome picture that is and I hope if I reach my early 90's, I'm as limber as that Veteran is.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-20-2015, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

However, it would have been nice instead, if perhaps she and William had taken some interest in the latest ceremony marking the end of WW2 and had supported the Queen. The Wessexes were there and Edward's not even an ex serviceman. The Queen flew from Aberdeen to attend. It wouldn't have been too much bother, IMO, for the Cambridges and Maria to have spent the night at KP and for William at least to have attended the following day.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Majesty

Perhaps they aren't invited to these occasions or there's an understanding that they won't be called to attend these things until Charlotte's weaned. I'm sure it's not the case that members of the Royal Family just show up uninvited. There must be some sort of protocol in place.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royals attends events that they are scheduled to attend. The Cambridge's weren't scheduled to attend the event.

I actually wish the Cambridge's engagements were listed in the engagement list on the royal websites. That way you could see what they will be doing in a months time. I just find it odd that their engagements aren't listed like the other members of the royal family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2015, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I didn't mean that the Cambridges should have just turned up to that event. I was merely questioning why they weren't penciled in for it. With Harry away in Africa William is the only ex serviceman among the younger royals. It would have been good to have seen him there paying tribute to the veterans, IMO.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The royals attends events that they are scheduled to attend. The Cambridge's weren't scheduled to attend the event.

I actually wish the Cambridge's engagements were listed in the engagement list on the royal websites. That way you could see what they will be doing in a months time. I just find it odd that their engagements aren't listed like the other members of the royal family.
The engagements they are not the royal website? Indeed strange.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
^ I didn't mean that the Cambridges should have just turned up to that event. I was merely questioning why they weren't penciled in for it. With Harry away in Africa William is the only ex serviceman among the younger royals. It would have been good to have seen him there paying tribute to the veterans, IMO.
I understand, I too thought they would be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The engagements they are not the royal website? Indeed strange.
Their engagements pop up from time to time on the websites, but it not listed in advance as other members of the royal family engagements are listed. Like- we can see what the family will be doing next week or a couple of weeks and months down the line. William & Catherine's engagements are never listed like that. We only know what the Cambridge's are doing with the random twitter posting.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-25-2015, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Canadians bagpiping at Balmoral Castle for the Queen-

You can see The Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise has joined The Queen & Prince Philip at Balmoral. The Queen also accepted a present for Princess Charlotte.
Canada AM: Canadians perform at Balmoral Castle

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-25-2015, 01:29 AM
Majesty

Thanks for this, Dman. It was delightful to watch, and that Maple Leaf Tartan pinafore for Charlotte is so cute! It'll look so nice with the little princess's brown eyes.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

The FE doesn't list the Wales' family for the most part nor Andrew's. They have their own websites but even then the Wales' site is very rarely updated with their engagements in advance.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Who knows how is it decided who goes to what event? It came out that the people organizing the 7/7 event at Hyde Park asked for William to attend and he did. But how was it decided that Andrew would go the St Paul's service. How did the Wessexes get invited to the VJ service, were they asked by organizers or invite by the Queen? We don't know.

So speculating why this Royal did or didn't attend is fruitless because we aren't really going to know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events