The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Courtier

Adding to my previous post I must say that as one who works with caring for the elderly I can tell by the look of him that's the words of an old,tired man. He had a long day and probably just wanted to get out of his uniform and into his slippers. Give the man a break.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 07-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Adding to my previous post I must say that as one who works with caring for the elderly I can tell by the look of him that's the words of an old,tired man. He had a long day and probably just wanted to get out of his uniform and into his slippers. Give the man a break.

I agree. His face looked actually troubled.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post

That's my thoughts too. He looked like he was stressed and little confused. I totally agree with giving him a break.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-11-2015, 07:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I wonder whether Philip would have said the same thing had the Queen been there!
Undoubtedly! To which she would have replied Phiiliip!!! End of topic.

I cannot believe so many people, supposedly reading about the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain, instead of being awed by the youth of "The Few", humbled by the presence of the very few of "The Few" left, have all got their knickers in knot because Prince Philip said "just take the f****** picture". He didn't yell it, he didn't go off on a tear, he just said one sentence to the photographer and we heard it courtesy of super sensitive mikes. Who cares about "The Few", the PC Brigade are all too busy castigating Prince Philip for offending the sensibilities of the poor old men there.

Having had the joy of reading some really fun articles from 70th Anniversary, I was particularly entertained by the story of a Warrant Officer who told of flying in close formation at 100ft over dunes while their flight leader had the control in his left hand and was holding the Karma Sutra in his right hand so he could read it to the others over the radio. These men went to war in their late teens and early twenties. Most of them were not choirboys. Their memories are sharp and in them they are young.

The last of the glorious Few 70 years on: In 1940, their planes and their courage was all that stood between Britain and Nazi domination | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-15-2015, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh hosted a reception for winners of the Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2015 at Buckingham Palace yesterday, July 14.

Princess Anne, the Duke of York and Princess Eugenie were present as well:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Guests Attend the Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2015 Reception **
Old 07-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I am very pleased to see that Anne, Andrew and Eugenie we there as well... is that for a particular reason?
Old 07-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

These sort of receptions almost always have multiple royals present. If you had a 100 people there and 2 royals, the royals might not get to mingle with everyone. Up it to 5 royals, more coverage. Everybody gets a chat and leaves happy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were joined by business leaders for a celebration of enterprise at Buckingham Palace this evening. The reception was held in honour of the 140 companies and six outstanding individuals who have received one of the coveted Queen's Awards for Enterprise. This year is the 50th anniversary of the awards, which have recognised 6,500 recipients over the years-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see Eugenie there helping out, although I thought she lived in NYC or has she moved back home? I can never keep up!

I think it's good other royals are brought in for these engagements to help, as it shows a good team effort from "the firm".
Old 07-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Nice to see Eugenie there helping out, although I thought she lived in NYC or has she moved back home? I can never keep up!

I think it's good other royals are brought in for these engagements to help, as it shows a good team effort from "the firm".
Could be that she has her summer vacation (or what it's called :P) And took the time to go home and visit and fitted in an engagement :) Wouldn't be the first to go home when having time off.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

If I recall correctly Eugenie has moved back to the UK and is now working there.

Does anyone else think HM is looking thinner?
Old 07-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

yes Eugenie reportedly has a new job back in London

Princess Eugenie makes return to the UK after scoring job at top London art gallery - hellomagazine.com
Old 07-15-2015, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ Thanks for the information about Eugenie returned to the UK.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 34m34 minutes ago
The Queen will interrupt her Balmoral holiday to attend a VJ-Day 70th anniversary service at St Martin-in-the-Fields, London, on 15 August.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 37m37 minutes ago
HMQ will be accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, the Wessexes and the Gloucesters at the VJ-Day 70th anniversary service on 15 August.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 36m36 minutes ago
Also on 15 August, the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall will attend a VJ-Day drumhead service and wreath-laying on Horse Guards Parade.

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...type=1&theater

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Royal Highness

Queen and Royal Family set to mark 70th anniversary of VJ-Day in London
Quote:
The 70th anniversary of Victory over Japan Day will be commemorated by the Royal Family on Saturday 15th August as The Queen, accompanied by Prince Philip, will attend a service at St Martin-in-the-Fields Church, Trafalgar Square.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

VJ Day 70:
70 years ago today the conflict in the Far East ended, finally bringing the Second World War to its conclusion. Kirsty Young introduces a day of live programming to mark this historic anniversary.

Commemorations begin with a Service of Remembrance from St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, attended by Her Majesty the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and other senior members of the royal family.

Commentary will be provided by James Naughtie, with Dan Snow meeting veterans and their families-
BBC News Channel - VJ Day 70, 15/08/2015

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Just making sure- that isn't today- your'e just getting prepared?
Old 08-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Nobility

But the Queen left for Balmoral just a few days ago.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilse View Post
But the Queen left for Balmoral just a few days ago.
She's coming back to London for the day.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Just making sure- that isn't today- your'e just getting prepared?
The events takes place on Saturday morning.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events