British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their office - their rules.

As Charles' and Andrew's offices are the same I see nothing unusual.

The only office on top of things - sort of - is the one at BP. CH, KP and the DoY's offices are all like this - slow to announce anything in advance, if they even do so.

Why pick on just the Cambridge's who are using the modern medium of twitter to announce rather than the more old fashioned website approach.

Their office - their rules.

As Charles' and Andrew's offices are the same I see nothing unusual.

The only office on top of things - sort of - is the one at BP. CH, KP and the DoY's offices are all like this - slow to announce anything in advance, if they even do so.

Why pick on just the Cambridge's who are using the modern medium of twitter to announce rather than the more old fashioned website approach.

There's nothing wrong with them using twitter, but there should be a list of their future engagements for the Cambridge's to refer to. I can go on to the BP website and see the future engagements for the Wessex's, Kent's, Gloucester's, Anne, The Queen & Philip. Why must the Cambridge's future engagements list be any different?

I'm giving up the conversation, but I just thought I should point out the differences in official engagements listing, that's all.

There's nothing wrong with them using twitter, but there should be a list of their future engagements for the Cambridge's to refer to. I can go on to the BP website and see the future engagements for the Wessex's, Kent's, Gloucester's, Anne, The Queen & Philip. Why must the Cambridge's future engagements list be any different?

I'm giving up the conversation, but I just thought I should point out the differences in official engagements listing, that's all.

Just a question. Could it be that the official engagements that are approved by the Queen as the engagement being listed in the CC as one where the Cambridges officially represent the Crown are so few and far between that there's not that many to list at this time? From what I've observed, most times when an engagement is announced for either Will or Kate, it has to do with their own personal charities or the Royal Foundation and not as representatives of HM.

That might make sense but... why does CH not send Charles' and Camilla's through ... and why are the charity events of the minor royals there?

The simple answer is that the Wales' branch, including the Cambridge's and Andrew don't go through BP's press office but run their own shows which is why they don't have their engagements up in advance, or as far in advance, as the rest of the BRF.

Charles is the busiest of the royals and according to the FE he has nothing in October and last week had nothing for September but now has 1 for the 8th and 6 for the 10th 6of which are associated with organisations of which he is patron/president and only 1 where he is colonel-in-chief - which is the only one where he could be 'representing the Queen' rather than just his personal interests.

Addendum to previous message as unable to edit - get strange screen which I tried to 'snip' to show but that made the post nearly three times the allowed length of a post.

It isn't just the Cambridge's though who don't have their FEs on the Monarchy website.

I don't understand why it is only the Cambridge's who are being singled out when it is the entire Wales' branch of the family - Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry - so why pick on just William and Kate??

I really don't understand that and no one seems to be able to explain to me why they only pick on the Cambridge's rather than look at the big picture - that it is the entire Wales' branch of the family.

I don't understand why they only pick on the Cambridge's too.
IMO one of the first things they should have done when they tried making one big 'Royal Communications' office was ditching all these separate websites, even harry and the Cambridge's now seems to have a different address once you click onto their pages of what use to be the Prince of Wales' website. Interestingly most of the other european royal webpages have gone from separate websites for the Sovereigns and heirs to one website for all.
I think that as all the Wales family now have their own website away from the BP one they set their own rules for when to announce engagements and as such don't always feel the need to list them on the Future engagements part of the main BP website. It does seem odd to me because surely from a PR point of view you'd want the message to get out there as much as possible, maybe a they use different sites they can't upload the info onto the BP site?
Hopefully its not a sign that in the future we won't get to hear about engagements in advance. IMO if the Queen can have her engagements listed at least a month in advance (she has an engagement sited today for the 7th Nov) then I don't see why any other member of the family can't do the same as it can't be for security or similar reasons.

A further post on the detailed breakdown of the FE has been made in the Engagements Thread as I think that is the best place for the analysis of the FE in relation to the CC.

Last edited:
Anyone know where Camilla is? She wasn't at church today with Charles and the Queen and she wasn't at the games yesterday.

Could she be spending time with her own family? If she was in Scotland, she probably would have gone to church.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Anyone know where Camilla is? She wasn't at church today with Charles and the Queen and she wasn't at the games yesterday.

Camilla is known to take some time to be with her family and sometimes she take a little vacation when she get the chance.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Prince Philip, William, Kate, Harry & Princess Eugenie will pop up at a fair few Commonwealth matches too #perksofthejob #RugbyWorldCup

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the opening ceremony and match at Twickenham on 18 September #RugbyWorldCup

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will host a reception for participating nations at Buckingham Palace with Prince Harry & Princess Anne.

Lots of engagements coming up for members of the Royal Family to celebrate the #RugbyWorldCup which kicks off next Friday.
---------------------------------------------------------

There is more information on the British Monarchy website. Many British royals are involved. From the Queen to Gloucesters and everyone in between. The Rugby World Cup 2015 may need its own thread.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Pressreleases/2015/TheRugbyWorldCup2015.aspx

As there's more than 1 RF member attending :)

@KensingtonRoyal: The Duke and Duchess and Prince Harry will attend the world premiere of #SPECTRE in aid of @thectbf on Oct 26 http://t.co/FnYmQ4MMsu

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5m5 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have arrived at Twickenham for the Rugby World Cup opening ceremony.

Has anyone seen his cameo for their Rugby event today? Lol now he's acting ..hmmh.

Thousands of fans were treated to a spectacular opening ceremony at Twickenham tonight ahead of the 2015 Rugby World Cup opening game.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were among those captivated by the ceremony, which featured fireworks, a giant ball and stunning special effects.

The Duchess was seen beaming and laughing in a smart blue coat as she prepared to watch England take on Fiji in the much-anticipated home game.

Her husband, who was dressed in a dark blue suit and a patterned tie, also appeared to be in good spirits.
He was seen putting on a pair of black-framed glasses as the game - which is currently underway - kicked off at 8pm.

Shortly before, Prince Harry had taken to the stage, in front of fans dressed in colourful outfits and face paint, and Prime Minister David Cameron.

The prince - honorary president of England Rugby 2015, the organising committee staging the tournament - told attendees and millions of viewers: 'This evening marks the beginning of a celebration of rugby which I hope will inspire current players, those new to the game and future generations.
Read more: Kate kicks off the World Cup: Royals join 82,000 fans at 'Fortress Twickenham' as England begin quest for glory against Fiji* | Daily Mail Online

Kates faces is how I looked today :p This was the first time I watched any kind of rugby :p Most of the time was spent on trying to figure out what on earth was happening, the other time I was making faces and thinking someone would end up breaking their neck!! Rugby is BRUTAL! :O

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

Kate's rugby faces are almost as good as her tennis faces. Per an earlier Vanity Fair article from Pippa, the Middletons are hard core rugby fans.

I figured the rugby out watching the six nations matches that they showed on BBC America a few years ago. I can see how American football evolved from it. Just remember the passes have to be backwards.

Last edited:
Rugby is fun - and it is even great when played by girls.

For the Americans here - please note - this is NOT the game that the 49s Aussie player played. Jared Haynes played Rugby League not Rugby Union. There are similarities between the two rugby codes but there are also major differences e.g. no rucks or mauls in league and only 13 players in league to 15 in union. Personally I prefer Union to League but will watch both - last night was at the League, this morning watched the union, tonight I am going to the AFL.

The Rugby World Cup is the third largest sporting event in the world in terms of the number of nations playing but fourth in the size of the expected audience (cricket will have more spectators simply because India play cricket - it is virtually their national sport and their players are treated as superstars).

I think my fellows Americans won't be too confused. If you live outside of the San Francisco area, you probably don't know who Jared Haynes is, rugby isn't carried by ESPN so most Americans probably have never watched it. Let alone know there is two different forms.

Probably the only people here might be familiar with is the punter in the NFL or College Football might run before kicking it aka rugby style.

I think my fellows Americans won't be too confused. If you live outside of the San Francisco area, you probably don't know who Jared Haynes is, rugby isn't carried by ESPN so most Americans probably have never watched it. Let alone know there is two different forms.

Probably the only people here might be familiar with is the punter in the NFL or College Football might run before kicking it aka rugby style.

Yes, I must admit, I've never heard of Jared Haynes, and had no idea there were two different forms of rugby. I only have a very general idea of what rugby is, and I suspect it's the same for most Americans (admittedly, I'm no particular sports fan, but keeping up with the basics of American football, baseball, basketball, hockey - and occasionally soccer - is really on the limits of what I can handle anyway, lol.)

Really nice to see William, Kate and Harry enjoying themselves and getting quite into it!

From the press coverage here in Australia everyone in American is talking about Jared Haynes and the way he is playing over there ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom