The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
The Queen and senior members of the British Royal Family have marked the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, by watching a flypast of RAF planes over Buckingham Palace in central London this morning. Her Majesty was joined on the balcony by the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip, the Duke of Cambridge Prince William, the Duke of York Prince Andrew, the Earl of Wessex Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex-

Home - ITNSource News

The 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain has been marked by an RAF flypast over Buckingham Palace this morning, watched by Her Majesty and Queen and senior members of the British Royal Family-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...%20GROUNDSHOTS

Senior members of the British Royal Family have attended a reception at the RAF Club in Piccadilly today, to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. Amongst those attending today’s event were the Duke of Cambridge Prince William, Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip, Earl of Wessex Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...RY%20RECEPTION

Prince Philip have a way of letting everyone know he's always in charge. At the reception he told the photographer, "well just take it, just take the f***ing picture."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Aaaah now it makes sense, thank you! I genuinely didn't know about Sophie and her honorary rank in the RAF.
My bad !
Kate if you're reading this, i'm sorry
Yes, Catherine isn't an honorary colonel yet, but she will be once The Queen appoints her.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Courtier

They ask Sophie to take over the role as President of the All England Club from the Duke of Kent?

Old 07-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Royal family watch Battle of Britain flypast

Prince Philip's tells photographer: Just take the ****ing picture

Old 07-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't believe anything has been confirmed as of yet regarding the All England Club and people are just speculating who will take on the presidency in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Royal family watch Battle of Britain flypast

I want to say that I'm surprised that he said that on film but then I considered who was saying it.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Ah classic Philip !
Old 07-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

He is 94 years old does not have time to waste.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Courtier

If Catherine or Camilla said that they'd be torn to shreds. Good to see Philip benefit from the male prerogative.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Well that was rather rude. There was definitely a better way for him to express his impatience.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Ah classic Philip !
Yes, classic Philip!

Prince Philip is not the kind of person that I normally like, but he is very funny and he has always supported the Queen.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

And people were upset because William made a joke....I said a day or two ago he has a long way to go before he gets to the level of the DoE.

LaRae
Old 07-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

I know this is classic Phillip but his face-expressions made it seem a little more "uncontrolled" this time. Like he couldn't control it slipping out... Maybe some age related issue...
Old 07-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well folks - it was a wonderful display - I was front and centre at BP. Most of the people around me had no idea that the changing of the guard was going to include anything special today and a number were disappointed that the guards weren't the army ones in their red coats but the RAF. When I explained what was happening they were ok.

General comments were very scathing about Kate's non appearance and the police officers, when asked why she, Charles and Camilla weren't there, said the C and C were engaged elsewhere but that Kate refused to make any sort of public appearance this week.

Now I know that is only police officers at the palace but that is what they were saying - not one of them but a couple as I heard others say they were told the same thing in other parts of the palace as people were leaving.

What the media says, and the official reasons, isn't reaching the people on the ground at the palace who are the ones asked by the visitors about these things so there are many people who have left there today with the view that Kate simply is refusing to appear in public unless it is the 'fun' stuff - right or wrong that is the image that is now out there.

PR is important and someone needs to look at the image that she is putting out there. In all the royal places I have visited, where I have been meeting other royals fans the one thing coming through loud and clear is a great deal of dissatisfaction with Kate and even William.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I need more information, Seems like odd statements from a police officer to say Kate 'refuses' to do engagements this week. What conservations would a 'lowly' police officer be privy to know the diary of a senior royal. Smells fishy to me
Old 07-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

The 'refuses to' also caught my eye. Because like you said, he has to know some insiders who know her reasons for not attending.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
The 'refuses to' also caught my eye. Because like you said, he has to know some insiders who know her reasons for not attending.

Or he was just speculating irresponsibly?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Or he was just speculating irresponsibly?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Possible of course.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I'm chalking this up to republican mischief making. How fortuitous several palaces employees were commenting to the public about the diary of the Duchess of Cambridge especially since she is officially on maternity leave.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Courtier

In the words of Joe Biden, what a bunch of malarkey
Old 07-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It sounds like the police officer was just speculating. Especially since it's already been established as to why Kate wasn't in attendance.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't even believe they were speculating at all. To say C and C had another engagement but Kate 'refuses' to work comes right out of the republican manuel. The police officer would tell the person why Kate wasn't in attendance. Simply that she isn't a RAF Commodore.

It was a good try though lol

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events