British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, it would have been nice instead, if perhaps she and William had taken some interest in the latest ceremony marking the end of WW2 and had supported the Queen. The Wessexes were there and Edward's not even an ex serviceman. The Queen flew from Aberdeen to attend. It wouldn't have been too much bother, IMO, for the Cambridges and Maria to have spent the night at KP and for William at least to have attended the following day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they aren't invited to these occasions or there's an understanding that they won't be called to attend these things until Charlotte's weaned. I'm sure it's not the case that members of the Royal Family just show up uninvited. There must be some sort of protocol in place.

The royals attends events that they are scheduled to attend. The Cambridge's weren't scheduled to attend the event.

I actually wish the Cambridge's engagements were listed in the engagement list on the royal websites. That way you could see what they will be doing in a months time. I just find it odd that their engagements aren't listed like the other members of the royal family.

Last edited:
^ I didn't mean that the Cambridges should have just turned up to that event. I was merely questioning why they weren't penciled in for it. With Harry away in Africa William is the only ex serviceman among the younger royals. It would have been good to have seen him there paying tribute to the veterans, IMO.

The royals attends events that they are scheduled to attend. The Cambridge's weren't scheduled to attend the event.

I actually wish the Cambridge's engagements were listed in the engagement list on the royal websites. That way you could see what they will be doing in a months time. I just find it odd that their engagements aren't listed like the other members of the royal family.

The engagements they are not the royal website? Indeed strange.

^ I didn't mean that the Cambridges should have just turned up to that event. I was merely questioning why they weren't penciled in for it. With Harry away in Africa William is the only ex serviceman among the younger royals. It would have been good to have seen him there paying tribute to the veterans, IMO.

I understand, I too thought they would be there.

The engagements they are not the royal website? Indeed strange.

Their engagements pop up from time to time on the websites, but it not listed in advance as other members of the royal family engagements are listed. Like- we can see what the family will be doing next week or a couple of weeks and months down the line. William & Catherine's engagements are never listed like that. We only know what the Cambridge's are doing with the random twitter posting.

Last edited:
Video:
Canadians bagpiping at Balmoral Castle for the Queen-

You can see The Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise has joined The Queen & Prince Philip at Balmoral. The Queen also accepted a present for Princess Charlotte.
Canada AM: Canadians perform at Balmoral Castle

:previous: Thanks for this, Dman. It was delightful to watch, and that Maple Leaf Tartan pinafore for Charlotte is so cute! It'll look so nice with the little princess's brown eyes.:flowers:

The FE doesn't list the Wales' family for the most part nor Andrew's. They have their own websites but even then the Wales' site is very rarely updated with their engagements in advance.

Who knows how is it decided who goes to what event? It came out that the people organizing the 7/7 event at Hyde Park asked for William to attend and he did. But how was it decided that Andrew would go the St Paul's service. How did the Wessexes get invited to the VJ service, were they asked by organizers or invite by the Queen? We don't know.

So speculating why this Royal did or didn't attend is fruitless because we aren't really going to know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Who knows how is it decided who goes to what event? It came out that the people organizing the 7/7 event at Hyde Park asked for William to attend and he did. But how was it decided that Andrew would go the St Paul's service. How did the Wessexes get invited to the VJ service, were they asked by organizers or invite by the Queen? We don't know.

So speculating why this Royal did or didn't attend is fruitless because we aren't really going to know.

I imagine the Wessex's were invited as Sophie is patron of the Java Far East Prisoners of War Club which had a link to the day.

Nice to see that the Wessex's still go to Balmoral annually. I think it's great the Queen has this time with her youngest grandchildren as she likely wont be around to see them get married and have their own children. I am sure she thoroughly enjoys spending time with them and her son and wife. They seem to be the ones who spend the most time with the Queen and Philip but that is probably due to their children being small.

Wonder where Edward and James were during the piping concert.

The FE doesn't list the Wales' family for the most part nor Andrew's. They have their own websites but even then the Wales' site is very rarely updated with their engagements in advance.

I just find it odd that the Cambridge's future official engagements aren't applied to a calendar so everyone can see what they will be doing in a weeks or months time. Like other members of the royal family. One have to wait for the out of the blue tweet about engagements. Staff is being paid to sleep on the job, IMO.

I just find it odd that the Cambridge's future official engagements aren't applied to a calendar so everyone can see what they will be doing in a weeks or months time. Like other members of the royal family. One have to wait for the out of the blue tweet about engagements. Staff is being paid to sleep on the job, IMO.
Well, as Iluvbertie said, it's nothing special for the Cambridges. Don't see why their staff should be singled out. The walses staff and some of the others do the same.

It is not just the Cambridge's.

Charles' entire branch of the family is like this as is Andrew.

Even those in the FE aren't always accurate as they only list some of the upcoming engagements anyway.

I did a check for about three months in 2012 where I listed the FE events for all members of the family against those public events that they actually carried out and the FE missed about 20% for everyone else and 100% for Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry and Andrew who had nothing in the FE.

I think one of the reason for not announcing dates too far in advance is security issues. I believe the calendar is well planned and booked, they just wait til closer to the event to announce.

Also the more timely announcing limits the questions for the press office to the immediate future. If events were announced 2 months in advance - they would be fielding logistical questions for multiple events or providing a burden on the organization or chamber of commerce hosting for a longer period of time.

jmo - i dont know for sure

The Queen herself only has 2 engagements listed in September. It only shows the current month and next. Anne has multiple pages for September engagements.

The totals listed so far for September: (Yes I am bored on a Saturday morning)

The Queen - 2
Philip - 3
Charles - 0
Camilla - 0
William - 0
Kate - 0
Harry - 0
Andrew - 0
Beatrice - 0
Eugenie - 0
Edward - 25
Sophie - 22
Anne - 40*
Tim - 0
Richard - 24
Birgitte - 15
Edward - 0
Katherine - 0
Michael - 0
Marie-Christine - 0
Alexandra - 5

That gives a total of = 136

It should be noted that for Anne the last four days of September simply says: President, The Duke of Edinburgh's Commonwealth Study Conference, will visit The Bahamas, Barbados, Grenada and Jamaica for the Caribbean - Canadian Emerging Leaders' Dialogue. As this is an overseas tour there is bound to be more than one event per day across these four nations.

Edward has one day where he is scheduled to go to Germany - out and back in a day which is not unusual for many royals.

Note that there is nothing for the Wales' or York branches of the BRF - which is the point that we have been making all along - they don't get their engagements listed in the FE.

I remember reading a few years ago that the press office were often frustrated with Andrew as he wouldn't tell them what he engagements actually were in advance. Charles keeps his family away from the BP office anyway.

:previous:

Charles & Camilla are always listed in the Future Engagement list on the Monarchy website. They were listed there not that long ago.

I'm just saying that we know what The Queen & Prince Philip and other members of the royal family will be doing in several days, weeks and even in a months time. The Cambridge's future engagements should be listed the same way. It's odd that we have to only find out what their future engagements are in the out of the blue tweets from the royal reporters and correspondents.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just a Cambridge thing. Harry's future engagements are handled the exact same way.

Charles & Camilla are always listed in the Future Engagement list on the Monarchy website. They were listed there not that long ago.

I'm just saying that we know what The Queen & Prince Philip and other members of the royal family will be doing in several days, weeks and even in a months time. The Cambridge's future engagements should be listed the same way. It's odd that we have to only find out what their future engagements are in the out of the blue tweets from the royal reporters and correspondents.

Actually, as shown by Iluvbertie's calculations (and this is pretty much her area of expertise, and I'm thankful for her Saturday morning boredom :)), we quite obviously don't have all the future engagements listed for quite a few members of the family. Do you really think Charles, Camilla, and Andrew are all going to have zero engagements for the month? I know many of us like to keep up with what the Cambridges are doing, but I feel like that often leads to them being singled out for doing or not doing something, even when it's not something unique to them.

Certainly, think it would be better if all of the future engagements of all members of the family were listed on the sites, but I'm sure there are reasons why they aren't. It did occur to me that security might be a factor, but other things, such as stubbornness and lack of communication, probably play their part, too.

The DM is up with a Braemar report. The Queen and the Duke, Charles (sans Camilla - not the first time for this event) and (SURPRISE) Autumn and Peter! Queen Elizabeth II makes her annual visit to the Braemar games | Daily Mail Online
For Mark Cuthbert fans, he is there and there should be more photos on Getty and Zimbio, shortly.

The DM includes a rare photo of the Prince of Wales digging about in his sporran for the keys to the car. Or something. :lol:

One thing we can count on each year is the royal family having a good ol' time at the Braemer games and this year doesn't disappoint one bit. Looking at the pictures, I have to believe that these games are tops on HM's favorite events to attend. Her smile and her laughing lights up her entire face better than any makeup artist could.

Take a look at the reflection off her purse as she gets those flowers! And since the DM took it down - the Prince and his sporran: http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xt/487029388.jpg?v=1&g=fs2|0|editorial212|29|388&s=1

Last edited:
I think it's really sweet that HM and Prince Philip were sharing the same blanket. After all these years, they still seem to love each other very much. It's love stories like theirs that make me believe in love at first sight!

I always love the interactions between HM and Prince Charles at the Highland Gathering as well. So many "caption this" opportunities :D

Take a look at the reflection off her purse as she gets those flowers!

Oh how cool! Almost looks like a monitor screen. No wonder the nuns always said to never wear black patent leather shoes. :)

Video:
The Queen attended the annual Braemar gathering today on it's 200th Anniversary. She is the patron of the event and her appearance comes just days before she officially becomes the nation's longest serving Monarch, breaking Queen Victoria's record set more than 100 years ago-

Home - ITNSource News

The DM is up with a Braemar report. The Queen and the Duke, Charles (sans Camilla - not the first time for this event) and (SURPRISE) Autumn and Peter! Queen Elizabeth II makes her annual visit to the Braemar games | Daily Mail Online
For Mark Cuthbert fans, he is there and there should be more photos on Getty and Zimbio, shortly.

The DM includes a rare photo of the Prince of Wales digging about in his sporran for the keys to the car. Or something. :lol:

First- Red really is HM color. The looks on HM and the Duke of Edinburgh's faces are... wonderful. YM and YRH, do you think you got a big enough lap blanket? :lol: HM's handbag is definitely shiny.
And then we have Charles. Sir, it is really ungentlemanly to be digging around in your what- ever it is called! :lol: Edit- OK- now Iv'e looked at the right pic- that's kinda gross.
Second- My favorite photo too. All the photos are great.

Last edited:
:previous:

I have only been reading the CC and FE for about 13 years (since before I was going overseas in 2002 and wanted to plan to see some of the royals) and it has been a very rare events that has been listed in the FE for Charles.

Currently he has nothing listed there for October although there are now events up for the 8th and 10th September but nothing other than that for the entire month - which we know won't be the case at all. Currently The Queen has two listed for September, which is nothing unusual as she is at Balmoral but also she has only two for October, which isn't normal although many of her events are 'receiveds' and 'audience' etc which aren't 'public' occasions and so don't get put up anyway in the FE and are events I won't be putting into my analysis.

My original calculations for September were done a week ago and they now have up events for two days only for Charles. They now have up three events for Camilla - 8th, 9th and 10th September.

This is part of the reason for doing that calculation - to see how many public engagements are listed late in the month before compared to how many are actually undertaken.

For anyone interested in where the royals will be on the 9th - Camilla has an engagement in London on each of those days now so presumably won't be going to London and back to Scotland and back again to London within about a 24 hour period.

Meanwhile Anne has 40+ something events listed for September and 6 pages of events for October. That 4 pages doesn't include the breakdown of events for her overseas tour in September.

Putting events up the week before isn't the same as putting them up a month in advance as they do for others.

Last edited:
I have only been reading the CC and FE for about 13 years (since before I was going overseas in 2002 and wanted to plan to see some of the royals) and it has been a very rare events that has been listed in the FE for Charles.

Currently he has nothing listed there for October although there are now events up for the 8th and 10th September but nothing other than that for the entire month - which we know won't be the case at all. Currently The Queen has two listed for September, which is nothing unusual as she is at Balmoral but also she has only two for October, which isn't normal although many of her events are 'receiveds' and 'audience' etc which aren't 'public' occasions and so don't get put up anyway in the FE and are events I won't be putting into my analysis.

My original calculations for September were done a week ago and they now have up events for two days only for Charles. They now have up three events for Camilla - 8th, 9th and 10th September.

This is part of the reason for doing that calculation - to see how many public engagements are listed late in the month before compared to how many are actually undertaken.

For anyone interested in where the royals will be on the 9th - Camilla has an engagement in London on each of those days now so presumably won't be going to London and back to Scotland and back again to London within about a 24 hour period.

Meanwhile Anne has 40+ something events listed for September and 6 pages of events for October. That 4 pages doesn't include the breakdown of events for her overseas tour in September.

Putting events up the week before isn't the same as putting them up a month in advance as they do for others.

I'm just saying that the Cambridge's future official engagements should be listed in advance in the Future Engagements List. The tweets could follow as a reminder for their engagements. One shouldn't have to wait for a long period of time for an 'out of the blue' engagement tweet to see what they will be doing. I just think their press office staff isn't with it for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom