British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Queen and Philip attending Horse Guards Parade afterwards or are they just attending the morning service?

The Queen and DOE lived through the war. Unless ill health stops them, I can't see them not being there.

That has to be the worst outfit she has worn in many years. It looks like my dishcloths sewn into a dress with a blob on the hat as an afterthought. She really looks her age in these pictures. Philip looks younger than her for the first time in many years.

Maybe it's a harken back to the war years where you had to knit your own clothes. Not a good look but a great smile on the Queen's face.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

King George VI’s message sent to each and every Far East Prisoner of War on their return home in 1945.

Attachments

• LETTER.jpg
    LETTER.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 125
The pictures are great. I'm surprised the Cambridge's didn't attend.

The pictures are great. I'm surprised the Cambridge's didn't attend.
Well, these first months on the job William is working 100% to get into the job and team correctly before going down to 2/3ds later to allow for engagements. And Kate is still on "mat. leave". But if William went she would but she's not going without him. That's my guess.

That has to be the worst outfit she has worn in many years. It looks like my dishcloths sewn into a dress with a blob on the hat as an afterthought. She really looks her age in these pictures. Philip looks younger than her for the first time in many years.

King George VI’s message sent to each and every Far East Prisoner of War on their return home in 1945.

First- Your'e so right! That's ghastly! Sophie looks fabulous!
Second- Very :cool:

Last edited:
HM looks wonderful, love her outfit and especially the major brooch she wore. So does the rest of the BRF, what a wonderful event.

The Queen and Sophie both winners of the day ....

I think the Queen looks great, perhaps a bit tired but then Prince Philip started his vacation before the Queen.

Prince Philip looks well rested.

Camilla looks lovely in the pale green dress.

Meant to say- loved Camilla's ensemble.

Now, I kind of like the 'blob on the hat' in an old fashioned sort of way. Must agree on the suit tho'.

Well, these first months on the job William is working 100% to get into the job and team correctly before going down to 2/3ds later to allow for engagements. And Kate is still on "mat. leave". But if William went she would but she's not going without him. That's my guess.

The Queen, DoE, C&C have been the point royals on the WWII anniversaries with William playing more of a part in the WWI centennial.

Plus with the terror threats against this event, maybe they wanted William not there in case something happen. A two year old King isn't a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I saw her live on tv, and she was in sparkling form, as usual. She didn't look tired or frail at all.

I haven't a clue when it comes to fashion, but I always think she looks great in her own special way.

First- Your'e so right! That's ghastly! Sophie looks fabulous!
Second- Very :cool:

I like your posts and I don't mean to be rude, but you liked this outfit when she wore it at the flower market in Paris last year, but we are of course allowed to change our minds.
Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015 - Page 19 - The Royal Forums

If the terror threats were that severe- no one would have been there.

I saw her live on tv, and she was in sparkling form, as usual. She didn't look tired or frail at all.

I haven't a clue when it comes to fashion, but I always think she looks great in her own special way.

I like your posts and I don't mean to be rude, but you liked this outfit when she wore it at the flower market in Paris last year, but we are of course allowed to change our minds.
Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015 - Page 19 - The Royal Forums

Oh so I did say that, but with this closer view- I changed my mind. What was I thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the terror threats were that severe- no one would have been there.
Well... They don't travel in the same cars and planes (exept for kids ia. Willliam and George) because of the risks if something happen. So it wouldn't be surprising if in a time with high terror threat level they thought about stuff like having a "backup" in case.... But in this case I just think it's that William is still working full time now.

The most important part about this recent terror threat is that the chatter about it was picked up and acknowledged well in advance so that extra precautions and security measures could be put in place. I would imagine that the area the royals were in was perhaps the safest place in the world to be at that time.

I'm also of the opinion that the reason Will and Kate did not attend was because of Will's work schedule.

Discussions about the likability or otherwise of current and past members of the royal family have been deleted for the obvious reason of being off-topic to the subject of the thread. Further posts relating to the endless and repetitive debate concerning Diana/Charles/Camilla will be deleted without notice.

Wonderful to see St Martin-in-the-fields looking so marvellous. An amazing place with an incredible history and ongoing work with the homeless. I hate to say it, but amazed as I am at HM's work ethic and unstinting sense of duty, I did not like her outfit. Personal taste obviously but I didn't like it at all. DOC dancing with a veteran on the other hand however, amazing photograph.

Just on the supposed possible terrorist attacks, I thought it was odd that for all the reports of a possible attack and the heightened security that the Queen and DoE arrived in the Silver Jubilee Car. This was the same one that Camilla and Charles were attacked in, at the time it was widely reported that whilst the windows were 'toughened the car wasn't armoured'. (Could Charles and Camilla have been better protected? - BBC News)
A bit of an odd choice given they could have used the usual, up to date, Bentley State Limousine which is said to be armoured. I imagine at least one of the Bentleys is up at Balmoral but if it was deemed necessary they could have got it back to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom