British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine has such a beautiful, and engaging smile. It's a pleasure to see it.

It is nice to see Prince Michael attending the event alongside the senior British royals.
Her Majesty's dress looked flimsy and budget. Catherine's, The Duchess of Cambridge, smile is too American.

How can a smile be too American? That doesn't even make a little bit of sense.

It is nice to see Prince Michael attending the event alongside the senior British royals.
Her Majesty's dress looked flimsy and budget. Catherine's, The Duchess of Cambridge, smile is too American.

I'm sorry, what!!! I don't whether to be offended or laugh at the ridiculousness of this statement.

Last edited:
The following is the explanation. The rules about smiling apply to most CIS countries.

Why Russians Don't Smile

Why Russians Aren't Smiling at You in Sochi - NationalJournal.com

That is so ridiculous. Americans smile, especially in the south, because we are warm and friendly people, which is not fake. I am sorry you believe in this when it is complete rubbish.

Perhaps Russians don't smile because they are miserable and cold because of the cold and long winters they have.

That is so ridiculous. Americans smile, especially in the south, because we are warm and friendly people, which is not fake. I am sorry you believe in this when it is complete rubbish.

Perhaps Russians don't smile because they are miserable and cold because of the cold and long winters they have.

That blog was just ridiculous. Talk about lumping people together and generalizing unfairly. It sounds like it was written as Soviet propaganda from the late 1980s.

That blog was just ridiculous. Talk about lumping people together and generalizing unfairly. It sounds like it was written as Soviet propaganda from the late 1980s.

Yes it completely does.

Seriously "The smile is too American" takes the cake for the most nonsensical criticism I've ever seen of the Duchess of Cambridge.

Here are your gold stars for utter absurdity, Al_bina, and my gratitude for the hearty laugh.

:star::star::star::star::star:

I've been thinking this all night about Al_bina's posting...To the tune of "Any Dream Will Do" from Joseph and the Techicolour Dreamcoat...

"Any dig will do..."

I've seen some really far reaching digs at Catherine by you over the years, but this one takes it for sheer laughablity. Good grief!! Also managed a rather nasty swipe at HM too. A new record I think.

I thought HM looked wonderful tonight and clearly enjoying herself and the company of her Grandaughter in Law and Cousin. Also loved the video where we learn where HM's BAFTA is and the bantering of HM and the Actors. Priceless!! :D

You mean she smiles like an actual human being instead of a robot. :whistling:

Considering the British stereotype about Brits having bad dental work and teeth, a smile like an American might be a complement . ;)

It looked like a fun evening. I wonder where the rest of the royals were? With all the big stars attending I would have thought more royals would have come out.

Helen Mirren entertains the Queen and Kate Middleton at star-studded RADA reception

Helen Mirren entertains the Queen and Kate Middleton at RADA party - hellomagazine.com

Helen Mirren act for the Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge at a palace reception stellar British actors

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_in...esa-cambridge-reina-isabel-recepcion-actores/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tra...ridge-reina-isabel-recepcion-actores/&act=url

And I told Wills... Film queen Helen Mirren's audience with Her Majesty looks amusing as she recalls moment the prince presented her BAFTA Fellowship Award

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...William-presented-BAFTA-Fellowship-Award.html

Last edited:
Robert Hardy was not there then? Or just no pictures yet?

Um. Helen Mirren is 85? Really or was that a mistake? If she is then I can only hope to look like that at that age. She looks fabulous. As for the evening, it looks like everyone had a splendid time. It's nice to see the Queen with catherine. Interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Well that sounds better. The caption under the ITN video states that she is 85. Thanks for the answer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Prince William described her as 'an extremely talented British actress who I should probably call granny' following her film portrayal of Her Majesty.
Now, it appears Dame Helen Mirren has had words with the real Queen about the moment the Duke of Cambridge presented her with an honorary fellowship award at the BAFTAs last night.
The elegant actress, who could be seen wagging her finger at the head of state, was among around 250 stars to be introduced to members of the royal family personally at a glittering Buckingham Palace this evening.
Speaking about being introduced to Her Majesty, she said: 'You're thinking "its the Queen it's the Queen"' - and when asked if she still got starstruck, she replied: 'Of course, even more so I think because I feel self conscious, you know.'

Helen Mirren amuses Queen with anecdote on Prince William presenting BAFTA Fellowship Award | Mail Online

Please note that all posts regarding Joan Collins & her style as they do no related to the current events of the British Royal Family have been deleted as off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom