Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

I think it's very cute. How adorable.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 04-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
No, she is definitely wearing metallic ballet flats (which would look better without the strap, in my opinion).
I quite like the ankle strap but to be fair, I am just glad she wasn't wearing black shoes again. She obviously picked those out herself!

Old 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I quite like the ankle strap but to be fair, I am just glad she wasn't wearing black shoes again. She obviously picked those out herself!
She's beginning to be at the age where she's going to want to pick out all her own clothes. This should be fun!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I thought Louise's flats were quite nice, and I like her black Mary Janes, although it does make a change from them as I think that Louise is maybe a little old to be wearing them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
James wasn't there and I wouldn't expect him until he is about 8 - so another Christmas and Easter - given that Louise was 8 when she first appeared at these events.
It's not a large photo, but I only said that James was there because I saw this on Rex Features, and mistook the child for being James.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

NOTE TO MODS - can we open a thread for WWI commemorations as many Royals families are involved?

According to the Sunday Times, William Catherine and Harry have been asked to represent the Queen at the ceremony at St Symphorien Cemetery Belgium on the 4th August. This is a very high profile engagement - the most high profile for them all. Heads of State, including the King of Belgium and the President of Germany will attend.

Queen asks William and Kate to lead First World War ceremony | The Sunday Times

Summary for those unable to access the link

START

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are to take on their most significant role to date as HMQ has entrusted the young couple with representing Britain at the battlefield ceremony to mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.

The importance of the occasion is underlined by the fact that Germany and other countries will be represented by their heads of state.

The couple will be joined by Prince Harry, who is still in the military, for the ceremony on August 4 at St Symphorien military cemetery near Mons, Belgium.

She has asked the Prince of Wales to represent her at the third national event that will take place on the day: a service at Glasgow Cathedral. Britain went to war as an empire and representatives of India, Canada, Australia and others will be in Glasgow because the city is also hosting the Commonwealth Games, which will close on August 3.

The St Symphorien cemetery was chosen because similar numbers of German and British war dead lie buried there. It is the final resting place of John Parr and George Ellison, the first and last British soldiers to die on the western front.

Queens Role on the Day

HMQ will make her sole public appearance at the tiny Highland church of Crathie, near Balmoral.

It is understood the Queen’s decision to retreat to a Highland church rather than lead one of the official events is not intended as another sign that, at 88, she is stepping back from official duties. Rather it is said to be an indication of her profound response to the impact of a war that killed about 900,000 British subjects and about 17m people worldwide.
(Cepe Note - it is also the anniversary QEQM's birth)

That evening at Balmoral the Queen will extinguish a candle as others are snuffed out in places of worship all over the country. The gesture will mark the moment when Britain declared war on Germany and will recall the words of Sir Edward Grey, the foreign secretary, who said: “The lamps are going out all over Europe; we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime.”

A royal source said the Queen “is taking the view that extinguishing the candle is a good way to . . . respond to a serious moment in our history, a tremendously destructive period. Her response is to set an example of quiet contemplation in Crathie church.”

END

None of the above has been officially confirmed

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Majesty

WW1 Centenary Commemorations:

Below please find details of The Queen and Members of the Royal Family's attendance at events to mark the centenary of the First World War on 4 August:

"Her Majesty The Queen will attend a service of commemoration at Crathie Kirk.

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a service of commemoration at Sandringham Church.

HRH The Duke of Rothesay (as The Prince of Wales is known in Scotland) will attend a national service of commemoration for the Commonwealth in Glasgow, followed by a wreath laying in George Square.

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the Vigil of Prayer service in Westminster Abbey.

HRH The Duke Cambridge, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a service of remembrance hosted by the Government of Belgium at Liege. TRHs will subsequently travel to St Symphorien Military Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Mons, Belgium, for a UK commemorative event.

HRH Prince Henry of Wales will attend the "Step Short" commemorative event in Folkestone. HRH will subsequently join The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at St Symphorien Military Cemetery in Mons.

HRH The Earl of Wessex, accompanied by HRH The Countess of Wessex, will attend a service of commemoration at Guildford Cathedral.

HRH The Princess Royal will attend a service of commemoration in the WWI memorial chapel in Carisbrooke Castle on the Isle of Wight.

HRH The Duke of Kent will open an exhibition of First World War photography at an event supported by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission and the Imperial War Museum.

HRH The Duke of Gloucester, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, will attend a service of commemoration in Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff."
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...morations.aspx

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Dman.
Cannot wait to see the Cambridges with Philippe and Mathilde.
To read about our ultimate goal to spread awareness, and contact info,please see my post with this link in the International Adoptions thread!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
If they go, I hope they'll have a great time in Memphis and enjoy some good down home food.
Things might get a bit dicey because of the tornado problem going on right now. There are storms all over the south, southeast and midwest and everybody is worried and scared. I hope they take a good look at the weather before flying to the States.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RoyalReporter: The Queen will mark the First World War centenary at Crathie near Balmoral; Philip will be at Sandringham; Charles in Glasgow.

@RoyalReporter: Camilla will mark the Great War centenary at Westminster Abbey, Edward and Sophie in Guildford Cathedral, Anne at Carisbrooke Castle, IOW.

@RoyalReporter: The Duke of Kent will open an exhibition of First World War photography, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will go to Cardiff.

@RoyalReporter: The announcement on royal attendance at First World War commemorations was due in March but was delayed awaiting confirmation of details.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I forgot about their trip. Really hope they're able to go!
To read about our ultimate goal to spread awareness, and contact info,please see my post with this link in the International Adoptions thread!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Just to say that there is a thread for the August 4 Commemorations - Royal highlights/royal international events.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Seems to me attending a service at Crathie Kirk is a bit inadequate... i know HMQ is on holiday, but surely it would be more fitting if [on the anniversary of this momentous day] our Head of State, and her husband attended the national commemoration at Westminster Abbey ?
Old 04-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
WW1 Centenary Commemorations:

Below please find details of The Queen and Members of the Royal Family's attendance at events to mark the centenary of the First World War on 4 August:

HRH The Earl of Wessex, accompanied by HRH The Countess of Wessex, will attend a service of commemoration at Guildford Cathedral.
I live in Surrey...I may have to venture to the Cathedral on the 4th August...
Old 04-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Nothing for Andrew it seems - strange given that with his father and nephew he is the only one to have actually served during a war but so be it.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Nothing for Andrew it seems - strange given that with his father and nephew he is the only one to have actually served during a war but so be it.
Not strange at all when you consider that the other missing factor is Northern Ireland.

I don't know that is the answer but I think it's a fair assumption
Old 04-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Yes - I had started to think about why nothing for Andrew and then realised that there was nothing for NI either.

They normally don't announce any visit to NI until a few days before hand - due to the extra security needed there - so hopefully that is what is happening - and that Andrew will be in Belfast or somewhere like that for the commemorations there.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes - I had started to think about why nothing for Andrew and then realised that there was nothing for NI either.

They normally don't announce any visit to NI until a few days before hand - due to the extra security needed there - so hopefully that is what is happening - and that Andrew will be in Belfast or somewhere like that for the commemorations there.
Well of course you did.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Every working member of the BRF is attending a service on 4th August. Except the Duke of York who will be attending an event which will be announced at a later date (source @royalreporter)
The event that Andrew will attend will be announced later.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
Well of course you did.

Could you please explain this comment as I don't understand it?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@BBCPeterHunt: Prince Harry (single) and Prince William are Memphis bound for the wedding this weekend of their close friend Guy Pelly.

No mention of Catherine.