British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband missed Prince William yesterday at O'Hare! UGH! Hubby was in Terminal 1 and William was in Terminal 5. Of course, if it had been me, I'd have hunted him down and asked for a selfie!

Is the girl on first pic Beatrice?
It doesn't seem to be her.

sorry i mislabeled
i think the first pic is Dave, Eugene and another friend
second pic is of Beatrice :flowers:

My husband missed Prince William yesterday at O'Hare! UGH! Hubby was in Terminal 1 and William was in Terminal 5. Of course, if it had been me, I'd have hunted him down and asked for a selfie!

And YOU would have missed your flight!

Well this will be a new experience for the Princes or have they been to Tennessee before? Is the bride from there?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

The bride is from Memphis. Her family started the Holiday Inn hotel chain. William has been to the Nashville area before but not Memphis. Memphis is sort of like New Orleans but it is the blues instead of jazz. Beale St in Memphis is their version of the French Quarter. It is a couple blocks of clubs, bars, restaurants where you can drink outside as you go down the street. Most places in the US, you can't drink openly on the streets.

Oh. That's interesting. Sounds like a nice place. And I recall that in the past I have stayed at a few Holiday Inns. They weren't 5 star but they sure were good enough after a long trip. Lucky girl.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie kick off Memphis wedding weekend by drinking beer in the streets with fellow partygoers from 'Kiss Me I'm Irish' cups | Mail Online

American media catches Royal fever as local news stations order team coverage of the Princes trip to Memphis and dispatch their traffic helicopters to track the motorcade | Mail Online
:eek::bang:
article-2618813-1D86B49000000578-610_636x382.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2618813/american-media-catching-royal-fever.html

I think they should have visited the Neely's restaurant in Memphis. I hear the food is out of this world.

That's a very pretty dress the bride has on. Wish Eugenie and Beatrice didn't wear black so often.

I think they should have visited the Neely's restaurant in Memphis. I hear the food is out of this world.
Jim Neely's Interstate Barbecue is located in a dilapidated neighbourhood and has dirty plastic plates and glasses. Food is mediocre.

If i were Guy Pelly or his Bride-to-be i would be APPALLED at the most significant day of my life being wrecked in this manner..

I think the media is responsible, but i would think twice about inviting the Princes to my wedding !

Jim Neely's Interstate Barbecue is located in a dilapidated neighbourhood and has dirty plastic plates and glasses. Food is mediocre.

No, I meant Pat & Gina Neely's restaurant.

If i were Guy Pelly or his Bride-to-be i would be APPALLED at the most significant day of my life being wrecked in this manner..

I think the media is responsible, but i would think twice about inviting the Princes to my wedding !

I think that they knew it was going to be a circus and were fine with it. They could of had the wedding in the UK and it would have been much more low keyed. A city like Memphis is going to have 4 local tv stations afillilated with each network to make a big deal about it.

@Cilla_Presley: So happy Prince William, Prince Harry and the wedding group had a good time on their tour of Graceland.

I'm inclined to agree: I'm not comfortable with the 'atmosphere' that's emanating from the headlines and the few photos I've looked at - I won't read the articles... :ermm:

I'm inclined to agree: I'm not comfortable with the 'atmosphere' that's emanating from the headlines and the few photos I've looked at - I won't read the articles... :ermm:

I think William and Harry are having a blast and trying to squeeze in as much of the area as they possibly can and most likely planned ahead of time by the bride and the groom. Somehow the word "sedate" and Guy Pelly do not seem to go together in my book. :D

The park was completely shut to the public, unexpectedly when Henry and William arrived with the wedding party.
I understand doing that in the UK, but I see no reason to do it in the USA. A lot of people are tweeting reporters with angry comments.

The park was completely shut to the public, unexpectedly when Henry and William arrived with the wedding party.
I understand doing that in the UK, but I see no reason to do it in the USA. A lot of people are tweeting reporters with angry comments.
Graceland has been open in the past for Special Events in the evenings. It was only a matter of time until the right daytime group was accommodated with exclusive access. Trust me, Graceland will benefit from this for years to come.
See Unique Elvis-Themed Parties - Memphis, Tennessee for group booking info.

I have been to Graceland. You just can't buy a ticket and walk right in. It is on a ticketed entrance system with a small group being let in a set time just like they do at BP. They would just have to set aside a block of time for the royal group. Closed to the public for 2hrs max. The house isn't that big.

You've got to be kidding...Pelly LOVES the press!
He's reveling in this. And his bride must have known what to expect, so she must have no problem with it.

Priscilla Presley ‏@Cilla_Presley 8h
So happy Prince William, Prince Harry and the wedding group had a good time on their tour of Graceland.

Those pictures look like its the rehearsal dinner. Since they are in suits and stuff. Plus the rehearsal dinner is usually the night before after they do a rehearsal at the venue.

It should be interesting to see what the guys wear. In America, the groom and his groomsmen usually wear matching tuxes or suits. Not the morning suit that Brits wear. Does anybody know what time the wedding starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom