British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is disappointing that there are such few pictures of Charles and Camilla today.

Charles and Camilla don't sell - and that is all that it is about - The Queen being the Queen and old and frail sells because she is The Queen while William and Kate sell because they are the younger ones but Charles and Camilla don't sell so fewer pictures.

Even when Charles is King the photos will still focus on William and Kate.

Charles and Camilla don't sell - and that is all that it is about - The Queen being the Queen and old and frail sells because she is The Queen while William and Kate sell because they are the younger ones but Charles and Camilla don't sell so fewer pictures.

Even when Charles is King the photos will still focus on William and Kate.

Firstly the Queen is not frail and secondly there were many pictures of Charles and Camilla.

You are right that pictures of Charles and Camilla don't sell as much as pictures of William and Kate, but I don't think Charles cares about that.

First off, thanks to all for the links, videos and pictures. Very much appreciated!!

Second, as bittersweet as it is to see HM needing a helping hand down those stairs, at the same time it is also a sweet picture of a husband knowing his wife needs a little help and doing just that. Thought both The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh looked really good today.

Oh and am I the only one who when hearing that fanfare before God Save The Queen instantly straightens up because of what's about to be played? I was watching the Diamond Jubilee Service w/my Sister and Brother in law when it got to that portion of the Service. I had been curled up on my side on the couch, but when the first notes of it was played, I right away shot up into a ram rod straight sitting position. Poor Carmen asked me what was going on, but by that time, God Save The Queen had started.

Just wondering if I'm the only one. :)

That Roll Call w/The Daily Mail article...God Bless Them and their Families and Friends. I said it before, numbers of those killed in Afghanistan are just that : Numbers. That Photo Role Call though, that makes it real and...:(

May they all Rest in Peace. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If I didn't know better when I saw the Daily Mail headlines. I thought William and Kate where King and Queen.:whistling:

The Queen is clearly frail - as are most 88 year olds. She walks very slowly, needs help down stairs, is bent over badly - all signs of her being frail and slowing down - as she should be doing at her age. Frail does not equal ill.

The DM knows that William and Kate sell and will get more clicks so leads with them as that will generate income whereas the rest of the royals don't sell in anywhere near the same numbers and so less revenue and that is all that the media care about - money.

Charles and Camilla don't sell so a few photos of them but lots of Kate and some of William as they are the pin-ups of the royal family these days.

The Queen is clearly frail - as are most 88 year olds. She walks very slowly, needs help down stairs, is bent over badly - all signs of her being frail and slowing down - as she should be doing at her age. Frail does not equal ill.

I disagree with you as usual. The Queen have knee problems, but she is not frail and she does not walks very slowly. She is bent over, but not badly.

This video is from June 2014 and that's how she walks today. This is not a frail 88 year old.

Watch from 3:00.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_GcADlRJjk&list=PLy2kHuiZVemplDrjF5Jr6lX82p9bULe-L&index=11

Last edited:
At least there were some photos of Charles & Camilla. Poor Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Anne & Tim don't even get a mention never mind a photo except where they can't be cropped out.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I actually saw some really nice photos of Sophie, Edward and Andrew on one of the DM articles.

I disagree with you as usual. The Queen have knee problems, but she is not frail and she does not walks very slowly. She is bent over, but not badly.

I'm a person with knee problems and stairs are not my friend. I either need an arm to hold onto or a guard rail when confronted with steps. With the Queen, I think its bothersome knees that give her problems but the rest of her still goes at full steam. Amazing woman for her age.

Last year we saw Charles stand in for the Queen during part of the ceremony for the Order of the Bath as it was decided that the up and down the steps part would be uncomfortable for HM.

Queen pulls out of part of her duties at historic Westminster Abbey ceremony | Royal | News | Daily Express

Plus with the Bath service, she would had to do the stairs in full regalia with a robe. No wonder she skipped it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I actually saw some really nice photos of Sophie, Edward and Andrew on one of the DM articles.

I agree - some lovely photos of those three on steps of St Paul's. Trio + another photo. Did Andrew arrive with Edward and Sophie? I always feel a bit sorry for Andrew as he is alone. I was glad to see he walked out of St Paul's with Harry, although that was probably prearranged.

I must say everyone looked lovely today and I loved what Kate and Sophie wore. I need Sophie's dress in my wardrobe now.

:previous:There was a similar service after the war in the Falklands.

From these pictures, it appears that there's much more than four years' difference in the brothers' ages. I too find the Duke of York to be a rather sad figure. :sad:

I agree - some lovely photos of those three on steps of St Paul's. Trio + another photo. Did Andrew arrive with Edward and Sophie? I always feel a bit sorry for Andrew as he is alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The British royal family attended the service in St Paul Cathedral| Blogs•Spletnik.ru

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2829339.html

The above post by kapenot88 contains photos of the British royals attending the service in St Paul Cathedral.

The event seems to be a saccharine PR for yet another disastrous British campaign in Afghanistan.

Can't you show some respect? Regardless of personal feelings towards the people in charge of sending the Troops there and/or the Politics behind it or the War itself, you can still support the Men and Women of the Armed Forces who were sent over there and show respect for those who paid w/their lives. That is what this event was about. The Men and Women who, IMHO, more than earned a Service of Remembrance on such a grand scale.

This was no PR stunt and I also never thought I'd ever see a Service of Remembrance described as "saccharine". This was neither and was a very respectful and solemn ceremony both to honour those who fought in Afghanistan and made it home and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

That anyone would post about any Service of Remembrance the way you have...I do not understand and find disgusting as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The British royal family attended the service in St Paul Cathedral| Blogs•Spletnik.ru

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2829339.html

The above post by kapenot88 contains photos of the British royals attending the service in St Paul Cathedral.

The event seems to be a saccharine PR for yet another disastrous British campaign in Afghanistan.

The British have had commemoration services for the men who died in the wars throughout the 20th century and now the 21st - not just for the Afghanistan War but all wars from the Boer War onwards with regular services for WWI and WWII still happening at regular milestones.

They also had one for the thirtieth anniversary of the Falklands War in 2012 where the families of those who died were front and centre.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 3m 3 minutes ago
Royal training: the Duke of Cambridge accompanied the Queen today at her audiences with two ambassadors at Buckingham Palace.

Interesting. Nice to know the training's going on all the time without any hoopla.

Here are some pics of the mentioned audiences attended by Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Cambridge today, March 18:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Later today Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust at Buckingham Palace.

Princess Michael of Kent was present as well.

** gettyimages gallery **

Here are some pics of the mentioned audiences attended by Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Cambridge today, March 18:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Later today Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust at Buckingham Palace.

Princess Michael of Kent was present as well.

** gettyimages gallery **
Great photos. I like that William didn't draw attention to himself. Though he does look like the King.;) Regal yet approachable.
@ Ice- Was Robert Hardy at the Winston Churchill event?;)

Video:
The Queen has hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace this evening, to mark the 50th anniversary of The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust. Set up in 1965 as a living legacy to the UK’s most famous wartime Prime Minister, the Trust – of which Her Majesty is patron – has awarded over 5,000 fellowships to British citizens, helping them to travel abroad and study areas of topical and personal interest-

Home - ITNSource News

Which other RF members attended?

Duke of Gloucester, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent (source CC)

William's attendance to the Audiences was unofficial - not in CC

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Queen & Prince Philip will be present at a Service of the Royal Victorian Order at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on 28 April.

Afterwards Her Majesty and The Duke of Edinburgh will hold a reception for those attending the Service.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will also attend the Royal Victorian Order Service and Reception at St George's Chapel.

British Royals @britishroyals · 56m 56 minutes ago
Confirmed: Prince William, Kate & Harry attended the memorial service of Richard Meade at @bathabbey today (HT @WWKD_Official, @thetenoruk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom