The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

If memory serves, the whole family has a lot this year because of all the World War anniversaries. If Charles or his children aren't attending one it's likely because they're attending something else.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Isn't William, Kate and Harry attending the Ceremonies marking the start of hostilities in Belgium later this Summer? I could swear I remember seeing that somewhere.

August 4th-WW1 Centenary Commemorations
HRH The Duke Cambridge, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a service of remembrance hosted by the Government of Belgium at Liege. TRHs will subsequently travel to St Symphorien Military Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Mons, Belgium, for a UK commemorative event.

HRH Prince Henry of Wales will attend the "Step Short" commemorative event in Folkestone. HRH will subsequently join The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at St Symphorien Military Cemetery in Mons.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...morations.aspx

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks!! Good to know I was remembering right. :)
Old 06-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 23s
On Thursday 26th June, The Queen and The Duke of York, will give a Garden Party for the 'Not Forgotten' Association at Buckingham Palace.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h
The Queen and members of the Royal Family will attend the Order of the Thistle service at St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh on 3rd July.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 1m
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William & the Princess Royal will all be attending the Thistle service on 3rd July in Scotland. No Kate

Martin @WindsorEditor · 39s
Charles and Camilla will also not be attending the Thistle service this year, they’re on their annual summer visit to Wales at the time.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Nobility

The Queen is mellow in yellow as she hosts soldiers and war veterans at Buckingham Palace garden party - 93 years after her grandmother hosted the first ever one | Mail Online
Old 06-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Queen has hosted a Garden Party for the 'Not Forgotten' Association at Buckingham Palace. The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of York, met with veterans in the palace gardens-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's an additional gallery of today's garden party:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 06-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, that's quite a hat her Majesty is wearing!
Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, attended a Solemn Drumhead Service at the Royal Hospital Chelsea today. The service was also be attended by The Earl of Wessex, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra. The ceremonial Drumhead Service of Remembrance for those who volunteered to serve in the First World War will be held on the Centenary of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Queen has paid tribute to First World War volunteers today at the Royal Hospital Chelsea during a Solemn Drumhead Service of Remembrance.
She was joined by the Duke of Edinburgh the Earl of Wessex, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra for the service, held on the 100th anniversary of the assassination which helped spark the conflict.
Wearing a Stewart Parvin lilac double crepe wool coat with a funnel collar, Stewart Parvin floral print dress and hat by Rachel Trevor-Morgan with flowers in it to match, the Queen braved the rain to watch the ceremony.
The Queen and Prince Philip pay tribute to First World War volunteers | Mail Online
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The queen looks absolutely stunning! I want to try on that brooch!
What does Philip find so amusing?
Old 06-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Article, with some photos, about the service from the Royal Hospital Chelsea's website:

Her Majesty Honours Contribution of Reservists past and present on centenary of assassination that led to the First World War | Royal Hospital Chelsea
Old 06-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Majesty

Martin @WindsorEditor · 1m
Prince Charles & William joint engagement on 9th July. They’ll attend a reception to mark handover of the British sub-aqua club presidency.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 3s
Prince William is taking over as President of the British sub-aqua club from Prince Charles after 40 years, with a handover on 9th July.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h
Prince Charles accompanied by William & Harry will attend the Annual Responsible Business Awards event at The Royal Albert Hall on 8th July.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh travelled to Cumnock in East Ayrshire today, and were met by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, known as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, for a visit to Dumfries House. They toured the education, hospitality and traditional craft skills centres at the house and spoke with students, before continuing to the walled garden-
Home - ITNSource News

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 30s
The Queen will be joined by Prince Philip, Prince William and Princess Anne at the Order of the Thistle service in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry and can have no more than 24 ordinary members. The service is held every other year.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 40s
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry, only 16 ordinary members can be admitted at once. Its service is held every other year.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-02-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh travelled to Cumnock in East Ayrshire today, and were met by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, known as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, for a visit to Dumfries House. They toured the education, hospitality and traditional craft skills centres at the house and spoke with students, before continuing to the walled garden-
Home - ITNSource News

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 30s
The Queen will be joined by Prince Philip, Prince William and Princess Anne at the Order of the Thistle service in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry and can have no more than 24 ordinary members. The service is held every other year.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 40s
The Thistle is Scotland’s highest order of chivalry, only 16 ordinary members can be admitted at once. Its service is held every other year.

I'm off tomorrow to the Thistle Service - will report back!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen joins Princess Royal, Prince William and Duke of Edinburgh in Knights of the Thistle service | Mail Online

Order of Thistle service today
Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, William, can you wear that at least once a week? Sorry Kate.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have attended the Thistle Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh today, accompanied by Prince William and Princess Anne-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou