The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the pics of Kate- her laughter, and chatting to the little lady on the platform!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This event shows how absurd this whole royal thing is. I am having a laugh seeing the Queen and the DoE riding the tube - a prepared tube that is, clean and empty, has nothing to do with reality. And than Kate, who has been riding the tube as a common girl only a couple of years ago, it looks so ridicilous when she is walking through the empty station like the other two royal dinosaurs. Those royals are like aliens to reality, a few weeks ago Charles didnt even know how to use his oyster card, its so funny to see them experience something that is only for pheasants and then leaving in their chauffeur-driven cars back into their palaces. I am pretty sure this institution wont last another century.
This was one appointment where I said spontaneously to my husband: Oh, to be Catherine for a day... I would have loved to be in London and shown the historic carriage and then the new tube train! My hsuband then invited me to the Munich museum of public transport next sunday... at least that treat for this public transport fan...

AFAIK Philip, like Charles, loves anything transport related as well, so I guess for him and his loving wife it was simply a treat to help celebrate the anniversary of the Tube.

But - that doesn't mean HM has no idea how life really is. She does own a Tv, doesn't she? Who says she only watches soaps? I've never been to Brazil but I have an idea how life in the Favelas is...

As for other members of the RF riding the tube: how could theyß their bodyguards would give them a lesson about security and that's that...

Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Pure People: Kate Middleton : Chic avec son bébé à bord au côté d'Elizabeth II dans le métro

Lehtikuva.fi: Kuningatar ja Catherine seikkailivat Lontoon metrossa | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding commoner marriages in Royal Families have been deleted as off topic.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It must be weird for Kate - until 2011 she was able to use the tube freely and unnoticed as normal public member. She seemed to throughly enjoy the engagement and i did love the clip of her being presented with the baby badge and Prince Phillips reaction

It is nice to see the Queen introducing Kate to engagements - lessons learnt from the past. I wonder will she do the same if/when Harry marries?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RoyalReporter: Joining forces: Prince Charles says he and Prince William will host a St James's Palace conference in May on illegal wild animal poaching.

@RoyalReporter: Charles and William want to bring together international experts on poaching to end a crisis threatening wild life.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was just looking at pics from Easter at Windsor last year.

No Cambridges, Prince of Wales or Duchess of Cornwall last year. ( Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Royal Family Attend The Easter Matins Service At Windsor Castle )

I can't wait to see who shows up and who wears what tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

William hasn't attended Easter with the Queen for a number of years. I don't remember seeing Charles and Camilla there for a long time either, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't attend. They may attend this year, simply with all the press about baby Cambridge. The usual attendees are Andrew, his girls, Edward and Sophie (and Louise maybe) and Anne and Tim.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This event shows how absurd this whole royal thing is. I am having a laugh seeing the Queen and the DoE riding the tube - a prepared tube that is, clean and empty, has nothing to do with reality. And than Kate, who has been riding the tube as a common girl only a couple of years ago, it looks so ridicilous when she is walking through the empty station like the other two royal dinosaurs. Those royals are like aliens to reality, a few weeks ago Charles didnt even know how to use his oyster card, its so funny to see them experience something that is only for pheasants and then leaving in their chauffeur-driven cars back into their palaces. I am pretty sure this institution wont last another century.
I use the London Underground most weeks and don't think I've ever seen pheasant...
Old 03-31-2013, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post

I use the London Underground most weeks and don't think I've ever seen pheasant...
It was a typo. :)

On today's Easter Service;

@RegalEyes: The Queen has been joined on Easter Day by the Duke, Duke of York, Pr Beatrice, Pr Eugenie, Earl & Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen and members of the Royal Family attend Easter Sunday church service

Queen to attend Easter service - Independent.ie
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Courtier

Beatrice and Eugenie lead the family firm to church for Easter Day at Windsor | Mail Online
Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Beatrice and Eugenie definitely got it right with these outfits. They look lovely!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Two images of the family attending via Rexfeatures/SipaPress.

The Royal Family and HM The Queen
Old 03-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

sophie
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/cs/foto/doc...hapel-10308808

Fotobanka ?TK : Easter service at St George's Chapel
Old 03-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Now, don't shoot me down but isn't Louise wearing the same coat from the last time we saw her? I've only ever seen her with that coat and the blue one. I'd love to see her in a red coat.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Sophie in royal bluehttp://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?kw=wessex&iso=GBR&lkw=&viah=Y&stk=N&sft=&search_action_desktop=
Old 03-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Sophie looks fabulous. I love that color on her!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie ROCKS
more pictures
Agentura isifa Image Service
Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Now, don't shoot me down but isn't Louise wearing the same coat from the last time we saw her? I've only ever seen her with that coat and the blue one. I'd love to see her in a red coat.
The last time we saw her at Christmas she had the pale pink coat on Christmas day and wore the green/grey coat to the Christmas eve service. I preferred her tartan coat from last Christmas and Easter. She would look lovely in a red coat! I am not a huge fan of her coat from today, mainly because it looks very big.

Sophie's royal blue dress and jacket is beautiful, though I am unsure how I feel about her feathers.

Eugenie's coat is lovely and looks very similar to the one she wore last Easter. I noticed Sophie and Louise arrived in car following the Queen and Prince Philip and the rest walked. Surprised they didn't walk with the family.