The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Interesting discussion on Richard Palmer (Daily Express Royal Reporter) twitter site which links HMQs current illness with Williams decision (which we still on) to stay in RAF or go full time royal duties. Interesting that some people think its one or the other, ie the current compromise situation doesnt work. There is a comment put forward that William would want to be a hands-on Dad and this cant happen if he stays in the RAF (aren't there any fathers in the RAF? - dont worry, I know te answer!). Also that Catherine now seems based in London so that is a sign he's giving it up.

I suspect I'm posting this in the wrong place, but Im at a stage where I am easily confused. So apologies if Ive made a mistake.

But I found it interesting that HMQ's health raised such a lively discussion.
Kate might be based in London at the moment to be near her doctors.

As I recall, this discussion came up when the D of E was hospitalized two, or was it three times, last year.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Courtier

I don't like how the Daily Mail is making out this is a break when it's not it's a wedding.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
I don't like how the Daily Mail is making out this is a break when it's not it's a wedding.
And on a weekend! They are entitled to a few weekends off without calling it a vacation. and other than their transportation getting there, it appears as if the entire tab is picked up by the brides family. And everyone in the RF party is back at work on Monday.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Well Harry has a girlfriend and he is certainly popular...so he didn't bring her because he just prefers to be alone...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Well Harry has a girlfriend and he is certainly popular...so he didn't bring her because he just prefers to be alone...
We don't know that Henry and Cressida are official, and who did he bring where?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We don't know that Henry and Cressida are official, and who did he bring where?
Interesting that he kissed a girl in the snow in one of the pictures at the DM article but they didn't find out who she was nor did it stop them from refering to Cressida as his new girlfriend....
Old 03-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

ah ah I noticed that too.

Also, we don't know why Cressida was not there. Maybe she was busy preparing her sister's wedding (the family flew to Africa already) and couldn't be there and he was sad not to have her there. Or maybe they are not serious or in a relationship at all and Harry is still searching for a girl.

EDIT: As have been reported before the return to the UK was on Sunday

Charlotte Pilkington ‏@Charlie_Pilks
As if my neighbour met Prince William last night #unfair #flightfromzurich

Again, only a tweet about William. Does Kate flight in another plane?

EDIT2: Kataryn, you asked for it, the papers started a new drama http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/301796/
Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
ah ah I noticed that too.

Also, we don't know why Cressida was not there. Maybe she was busy preparing her sister's wedding (the family flew to Africa already) and couldn't be there and he was sad not to have her there. Or maybe they are not serious or in a relationship at all and Harry is still searching for a girl.

EDIT2: Kataryn, you asked for it, the papers started a new drama http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/301796/
Wait, what are we talking about? I got lost in the conversation somewhere. I didn't think it was a big deal because if you look at the rest of the picture William is hugging people too so it just looks like they were talking or hugging friends. I'm confused? What are you guys referring to?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Nobility

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wiss-Alps.html

The daily Mail has a picture, but considering it the whole picture. I don't get the big deal. We're you guys joking?

I feel so lost...
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can only speak for myself but yeah I was joking. I mean, obviously there is nothing going on there except that BOTH William and Harry are hugging some friends. When Kataryn and I made our posts the article from dailystar was not published yet. I was just noticing the fact that everytime Harry is seen hugging some woman or even staying by her side, she has always been reported as his new girlfriend. Even with Cressida, media has been writing many thing for the last couple of months but we only got an hug. We've all concluded they are dating (Harry and Cressida) but we've only seen an HUG, really.
And now, Harry is hugging a woman and nothing? It's a bit contradictory, isn't it? How sometimes an hug can lead us to conclusions and other times it doesn't? That's all I meant.

Ironically, after writing my post I found the dailystar article
Old 03-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
I can only speak for myself but yeah I was joking. I mean, obviously there is nothing going on there except that BOTH William and Harry are hugging some friends. When Kataryn and I made our posts the article from dailystar was not published yet. I was just noticing the fact that everytime Harry is seen hugging some woman or even staying by her side, she has always been reported as his new girlfriend. Even with Cressida, media has been writing many thing for the last couple of months but we only got an hug. We've all concluded they are dating (Harry and Cressida) but we've only seen an HUG, really.
And now, Harry is hugging a woman and nothing? It's a bit contradictory, isn't it? How sometimes an hug can lead us to conclusions and other times it doesn't? That's all I meant.

Ironically, after writing my post I found the dailystar article
Ooooooohhhhhhhh ok. Yeah I think I saw the article either late last night or this morning. After I saw the DM article with the picture I wondered when all the hoopla about that would start.

I think I just came in at a weird spot in the conversation lol.

I remember when Will and Kate were dating all we EVER got we're hugs. I think there was one time a picture of them kissing appeared (other than on the cheek which so doesn't count for me) throughout the whole time the were dating. Jeez people are discreet!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=julliette;1523117] ah ah I noticed that too.

I think William and Kate flew in/out separately. I had read Kate had left earlier Sunday to get back to London to prepare for her visit to Grimsby (maybe she caught a ride with one of the many private planes that Im sure were there for the weekend). I think Wiilliam was going to Anglesey - so maybe his flight was to Manchester. Comings and goings he was the only one reported flying on twitter.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Courtier

edit: - yes - William did return directly to Manchester from Zurich

Prince William the Duke of Cambridge flys into Manchester Airport on a flight from zurich in Switzerland surprising passengers and holidaymakers - Manchester Evening News
Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duke of Edinburgh, the Countess of Wessex and Duke and Duchess of Gloucester today, March 5, attended a reception for Members of Parliament and Members of the European Parliament at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Better pics without watermarks can be found here:

** zimbio: Royal Reception For MPs And MEPs Held At Buckingham Palace **
Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Would love to know what Philip was laughing about. Maybe he was telling them the canapes were made from Roumanian "beef".
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Courtier

2 pics of Sophie from reception, I'm afraid, that's all we are going to see...
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2813511.html
Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

or the last one home in the 2:30

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duke of Edinburgh, the Countess of Wessex and Duke and Duchess of Gloucester today, March 5, attended a reception for Members of Parliament and Members of the European Parliament at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** **
OK, that pic is priceless! Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall!
With Prince Phillip there is never a dull moment, and I love that!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Shame there were so few images but Philip does look like he is a lot of fun to be around. Lovely photos.

News.Itnsource has a small video of the reception.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not sure if it's the right thread. Does anyone know more about this event?
I'm sorry if it's being discussed in another thread

Morgan ♥ ‏@OnePerfectionx
MY FRIEND IS MEETING PRINCE HARRY PRINCE WILLIAM AND PRINCE CHARLES I AM NOT HAPPY.

@KateWillWatch She's in this scout club thing, and when they go to dumfries house she gets to go in and speak to them and stuff :)

@KateWillWatch April 5th is the date I believe she said :)