The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Majesty

If the Cambridges are at at Sandringham, how come they didn't attend church?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not think they are at Sandringham anymore. It is unusual for other family members to stay after boxing day. It only ever appears that the Wessex family remain behind.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Yeah, I forgot the Wessex's stay a bit longer than the rest of the family.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Majesty

The normal routine is for the family to be there on Christmas Day, Camilla to leave on Boxing Day to be with her own family, most to stay for the Boxing Day shoot and then to leave from the 27th. Charles goes to Scotland where Camilla normally joins him for New Year while others go to see their non-royal families as well.

I remember a number of years ago the heated discussion with the Camilla-haters using her non-appearance in Scotland as proof that the CC marriage was in trouble because she didn't go to Scotland for New Year but that was the year when the police and emergency services people asked everyone who didn't have to travel to not travel due to the appalling weather so Camilla stayed with her family while Charles had New Year in Scotland and she joined him as soon as she could safely travel.

The Wessexes usually stay for an extra week or so. Other relatives of both The Queen and Philip often come and spend a few days with them over the coming 6 weeks of their stay at Sandringham. Last year one of Philip's neices/nephews from Germany spent some time with them - and attended church, which is usually the only way we know who is there.

Andrew and the girls have usually left quickly after Christmas to go skiing or something else as a family with Sarah. When she was allowed to stay on the estate over Christmas they would stay longer but when Philip put a stop to that Andrew and the girls started leaving either on Boxing Day or the 27th as well and they spend New Year with Sarah.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I didn't know where to post the article but this is probably the best place for it.
Pretty funny pictures of British Royals; they brought back some pretty fond memories.

The Funniest Royal Pictures Of 2012
Quote:
What a year for the royals! When it comes to providing us with silly photos, the royal family really are the gift that just keeps on giving. From posing with animals to dancing with natives, from Salford to the South Pacific, here were just some of the classic royal moments that were caught on camera in 2012...
My favourite pictures:
- Harry 1, Harry 2, Harry 3, Harry 4
- Prince Philip, The Queen 1, The Queen 2, , The Queen 3 (Exterminate!), The Queen and Kate
- Prince Charles 1, Prince Charles 2, Prince Charles 3, Prince Charles 4 (D'oh!), Prince Charles and Camilla (and adorable koalas), Camilla and Princess Mary,
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I didn't know where to post the article but this is probably the best place for it.
Pretty funny pictures of British Royals; they brought back some pretty fond memories.

The Funniest Royal Pictures Of 2012

My favourite pictures:
- Harry 1, Harry 2, Harry 3, Harry 4
- Prince Philip, The Queen 1, The Queen 2, , The Queen 3 (Exterminate!), The Queen and Kate
- Prince Charles 1, Prince Charles 2, Prince Charles 3, Prince Charles 4 (D'oh!), Prince Charles and Camilla (and adorable koalas), Camilla and Princess Mary,
What a great find. Thank you so much for sharing. There are so many funny moments captured in this collection, that it's hard to choose a favorite one. I do love the ones you highlighted. It seems to me that Prince Charles has soome of the funniest facial expressions.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I truly feel for PC squeezing himself into that confined space in #3. My back is twinging in sympathy!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and Lady Helen attended the Sunday service at Sandringham on January 13, 2013.

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

How nice to see Lady Helen at Sandringham. I wonder where her husband and family are. Thanks for the images. :) Lady Helen is a pretty woman and looks so much like her mother.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Her husband was with Helen at Sandringham,
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Her husband was with Helen at Sandringham,
Where exactly?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Where exactly?
The British Royals Message Board: Sandringham Church today

A posting from one of HMs more devoted subjects who is always outside the church when HM is at Sandringham to report on the comings and goings of the family and their guests.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There isn't a general news thread for the BRF so I guess this goes here; it's a list of gifts given to the POWs, the Cambridge's and Henry.
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news...ift-lists-2012
Old 01-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The website appears (at present) to show the PoW list under the Cambridge link.

This is the Cambridge list supplied via Victoria Murphy on Twitter.

https://t.co/kVlbJ94J

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The website appears (at present) to show the PoW list under the Cambridge link.

This is the Cambridge list supplied via Victoria Murphy on Twitter.

https://t.co/kVlbJ94J
Need a bigger suitcase Kate? Duchess gifted 8 handbags, 12 shoes, 5 dresses on royal tour | Royal | | Daily Express
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Young Royals gift list revealed: Personalised number plate and fire water for Harry, Malaysian dagger for Wills and what else but shoes and dresses for Kate | Mail Online
Old 01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Royal blog: A lesson from abroad for the Royal Family:
Royal blog: A lesson from abroad for the Royal Family | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

Interesting article by Richard Palmer.

I think the royal family is just trying to deal with today's modern media and standing up for their privacy. It's not an easy thing to do when the whole world seems to think they should just take the knock on the chin and not complain about it.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote from the article by Richard Palmer

His brother Prince William is also facing a backlash from a media fed up with his efforts to try to get us to a point where the only times we ever run photos and stories about him and his wife are when they are on official duty.

And the problem with this is?????

As for comparisons with Belgium and Spain - no context has been given. The King of Spain went on an expensive holiday and shot wildlife -and the public only found out about it cos he broke his hip - all this in the middle of an economic crisis. As for Belgium, there has not been a strong government in place for over 3 years and the argument with the Queen Fabiola is probably the last act of the current coalition as the government hits the buffers again.

And no contect about the infringements of privacy in the past by the press and the awful impact of how they hounded the poor nurse who committed suicide.

That said, some of the press would love to go after the royals or senior government officials (on personal issues). The press had been hounded themselves for poor behaviour and they don't like it. IT could get nasty.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Majesty

I think members of the royal family give a great deal of themselves on their official royal engagements, granting interviews and giving special media access to go behind the scenes on their working lives.

I think The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry saw what their parents went through with the media and the affect it had on their marriage and family life. Can we really blame them for wanting some privacy? Do anyone really think William will not protect his wife and unborn child?

I really don't think the royal family bother with complaining about the media much. They have a way of smiling and getting on with things. I think they only show their disappointment with the media when the media crosses the line and take their niceness for granted.

I don't know what the media wanted The Queen to do to Prince Andrew. Perhaps spank him in public or something. I'm sure she had her words with him in private, if not, I know Prince Philip did.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't know what the media wanted The Queen to do to Prince Andrew. Perhaps spank him in public or something. I'm sure she had her words with him in private, if not, I know Prince Philip did.
How do you know that Prince Philip said anything? Were you in the room with them?