The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with cepe regarding Christmas though. Its one thing maybe to attend Ascot or some other public event but to be at Sandringham with the Queen and a few dozen members of the BRF would be pretty uncomfortable for me.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Majesty

I don't know, I think I would enjoy myself. Of course there would be some butterflies in my stomach because I get nervous going over to anyones house, even my own family's house ( you know cousins houses) sometimes. I think I would enjoy getting to know Sophie, Catherine, Beatrice, Eugenie, William, Harry and the rest of the gang.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Year With Katie Couric: Royals-
From the skydiving Queen to Prince Charles doing the weather, the royals cut a new image in 2012:
The Year With Katie Couric: Royals | Video - ABC News
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

Very positive video
Old 12-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

For years, we had Kate being invited to Sandringham Christmas while a still a girlfriend, last year was Pippa was going to come, this year Mike & Carole. I don't believe it.

I think it we be like last year - Christmas with the royals & New Years Eve with the Middletons.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Great video - thank you Dman. Just love the weather forecast - even more than the parachute jump

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Majesty

The press gets into this kind of thing every year to fill their pages.

The Christmas festivities at Sandringham have always been just for the family. The Middleton's will be doing their own thing at their own home. The Queen usually only invite weekend guest to Sandringham once the Christmas celebrations are over and many of her own family members have gone back home. There isn't much room at Sandringham already. There was at Windsor but not Sandringham.

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall usually go back to Birkhall and I have heard that William & Catherine joins them for New Years.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie attended Sandringham as a girlfriend, but never Christmas day. The rule is only those married to the family, or engaged to be married, can attend Christmas Day.

As Dman says, most of the family leave after Boxing Day and that is the time when other guests are invited. Edward and Sophie appear to be the only ones to stay for longer, which is perhaps why Christopher is often invited after Christmas.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Yeah, the Wessex's are known to stay longer than the rest of the family.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have always thought Sophie resembled the actress Gillian Anderson, but in the photos of her driving into the Palace the resemblance is uncanny!

Hello, I am Gillian Anderson's long lost sister.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
maybe Mike's family will be there for Boxing Day as well. It's a pity Autumn can't be with her family at Christmas
If Anne & Tim leave on Boxing Day it would be odd for Mike's family to show up. Presumably they would go the Gatcombe to see their son & daughter in law or Mike and Zara would go to see them at their home.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Majesty

Queen glanced lovingly at Wills as if to say, one day all this will be yours | The Sun |Features
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The human side of the monarchy |Spletnik.ru
Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Great images, thanks for sharing .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
These picture and more are on the gettyimages site, entitled "alternative royal pictures". Definitely worth a look.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Really great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Countess of Wessex leaves St Mary Magdalene Church on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk after attending a Sunday church service, also present were The Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Edward

Queen Elizabeth II and Countess of Wessex
Queen

edit
GALLERY
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Aristocracy

HRH the Countess looks quite stunning! Thanks for the picture links.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

They all look lovely. Wonder why Louise didnt go this time.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Majesty

Very nice pictures. Everyone looks great. Lovely choices of attire for Her Majesty and the Countess of Wessex.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread