The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I so so want to know why they have cracked up

The Queen and Prince Philip brave cold to watch Braemar Gathering - Telegraph

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Lovely, all. Anyone know what tartans the DOE and POW have on? The Queen looks spectacular in that pale heathery lavender.
I'm fairly certain Prince Philip is wearing the Gordon tartan. He is entitled to wearing that tartan as Royal Colonel of Highlanders (Seaforth, Gordons and Camerons) who use Gordon tartan when wearing kilts (although they use Seaforth Mackenzie when in trews).
Initially, I thought he might be wearing one of the Royal tartans - the Prince Regent one - but there is no red in Philip's kilt and the lines don't match either.

Prince Charles is wearing the Hunting Stewart (not Royal Stewart) tartan.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks, Artemesia - I wish I could get better at ID'ing tartans. I'm working on it.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You are welcome.
Here is a very useful website for Royal Tartans: there are unfortunately only a few pictures, but the background information is sound.
Of course, both Prince Charles and Prince Philip often wear tartans of the Regiments they are Royal Colonels of, making identification a bit harder.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Prince Philip looks great, and so does Her Majesty.
Gallery from Getty
They both look absolutely wonderful! It's lovely to see Her Majesty's smile . I'd love to know what was so amusing though. In some shots, it looks like they're full out laughing .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Majesty

I always love the fact that Camilla wears a beret with a feather in Scotland - I know it is traditional and that I have probably used the wrong term but I still like how she dresses.

Anne even looked good as well.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I always love the fact that Camilla wears a beret with a feather in Scotland - I know it is traditional and that I have probably used the wrong term but I still like how she dresses.

Anne even looked good as well.
I believe its called a tam o'shanter in Scotland.

With Camilla wearing a tam and Charles always in his kilt, you can tell these two really have a love affair with Scotland.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe its called a tam o'shanter in Scotland.

With Camilla wearing a tam and Charles always in his kilt, you can tell these two really have a love affair with Scotland.

Thank you - I knew it had a special name.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
When I looked at longer shots from the press corp pages, I thought I caught a few where they were starting to laugh as the children were running the sack race. The Queen and Charles laugh like this almost every year - so I am thinking maybe, an old memory or some family memory of a sack race that takes their fancy? That's my best guess.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen and Prince Philip pictured for the first time after the Duke’s illness as they cheer on spectators at Highland Games
Quote:
It's been a difficult summer for The Queen, who was left shell-shocked when naked pictures of her grandson Prince Harry appeared online just weeks after her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, was taken to hospital for the third time in eight months. But Her Majesty looked to be in good spirits today as she cheered on competitors during a sack race at the Braemar Gathering in Scotland. Clearly amused by the antics, the 86-year-old monarch was pictured laughing out loud and gesturing with her hands as she sat alongside her husband during the event.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the reception for British Olympians and Paraolympians have been moved to The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh host a reception for Team GB - 23 October 2012 .

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 11-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Majesty

First acts announced for the Centenary of the Royal Variety Performance.
EABF - Entertainment Artistes' Benevolent Fund / News
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duke of Edinburgh and the Earl of Wessex presented medals to soldiers from the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards in Aldershot today, November 9, 2012:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Duke of Edinburgh Presents Medals **
Old 11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Am I the only one who thinks it's cute they did this together? Prince Philip makes me laugh every time I see him, and it's nice to see his son with him. Future Duke of Edinburgh and the present Duke. Nice touch.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Serene Highness

Not only do I agree w/you Molly, but how fantastic is it to see Prince Phillip out and about and looking so great after his health scares earlier this year? HRH looks like his old feisty self and it's wonderful to see!!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Earl of Wessex attended a reception for the winners of The Queen's Award for Enterprise hosted by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace on November 13, 2012.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts Reception For The Queen's Award for Enterprise Winners **
Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Earl of Wessex attended a reception for the winners of The Queen's Award for Enterprise hosted by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace on November 13, 2012.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts Reception For The Queen's Award for Enterprise Winners **
According to the CC, Prince Michael was also there.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Majesty

The Coronation Festival At Buckingham Palace 2013:
https://www.coronationfestival.com/
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Do we know when the Christmas lunch for the extended Royal family is scheduled?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
Do we know when the Christmas lunch for the extended Royal family is scheduled?
Nope. A lunch was held yesterday evening for Buckingham Palace Staff.