Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Another video from today
Thank you for the video clip! It appeared to be a lovely day, even with the misty and a little dreary weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Well, now I know how to pronounce "Strathearn." My Midwestern US roots don't serve me well with the Scottish dialect.
You and me both! Glad I learned this before I stepped out in front of my British neighbors and made a fool out of myself when talking about their Royals (mind you my neighbors are not die-hard monarchists, but they do respect the Queen and the traditions that she [and her Heirs] represent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I see that the stress of the pronunciation is on the second syllable, not the first as I always thought.
I thought the same thing, and have been saying it that way when telling my non-royal-watching acquaintances what William's titles were on the day of his wedding. Now I can say it properly (and I'm a disgusting stickler to that kind of thing, which will probably drive my future students insane ).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Queen installs Duke of Cambridge as a Knight of the Thistle - Gazette Live

Old 07-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Pomp, pageantry and pride as Kate sees Queen honour Prince William (with video)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duke of York, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Viscount and Viscountess Linley attended day 11 of the Wimbledon
Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 6, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** zimbio/gettyimages: The Championships - Wimbledon 2012: Day Eleven **
Old 07-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Kent and Lady Gabriella Windsor are watching the Women's Final at Wimbledon today with comedians Michael McIntyre and Miranda Hart.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

So who else was yesterday at the Ladies' Singles Final? I've heard about the Duchess of Kent. Is that true?
And today the whole Great Britain is watchning the Men's Final while Mr Murray is fighting to make history. A lot of Royals, government and other VIPs are naturally there at the Central Court at Wimbledon. The Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton cheer on Murray - Telegraph
Old 07-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Brought over from the Royals at Wimbledon thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Alot of royals in attendance at wimbldon this year
Lady Nicholas Windsor was with her father in law at the Ladies Single Final on Saturday
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
At the mens singles final ive so far see - the Duke of Kent, Lady Helen and Tim Taylor, Lady Nicolas Windsor, Duchess of Gloucester and Duchess of Cambridge with sister Pippa
Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the clip of Andy giving his speech, I am sure I can see Princess Alexandra beside Lady Helen and the Duchess of Gloucester beside Alexandra. I could be mistaken though. I also spotted Lady Frederik Windsor a few rows behind Catherine and Pippa.

Andrew and Charles attend Wimbledon, do Anne and Edward ever attend?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Anne attended Wimbledon in 1967 and 1969, when she presented the trophy to Ann Jones who won the Women's singles final that year.
Prince Edward has never attended Wimbledon, to the best of my knowledge.

The last time Prince Charles had attended (before this year) was back in 1970.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
In the clip of Andy giving his speech, I am sure I can see Princess Alexandra beside Lady Helen and the Duchess of Gloucester beside Alexandra. I could be mistaken though. I also spotted Lady Frederik Windsor a few rows behind Catherine and Pippa.
Yep, they were all there, plus Freddie and the Michaels... The Duchess of Kent attended Day 11 - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...jkwo1_1280.jpg

It's really nice to see the Duchess more often these days!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles given guided tour of RAF Valley by Prince William - Wales News - News - WalesOnline

Prince William misses rescue mission to show Charles around RAF Valley - Mirror Online

Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18775078
Sorry not sure which thread to put these in feel free to move if needed
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

On the first day of the Prince of Wales's annual Welsh tour he was shown around RAF Valley in Anglesey by a very familiar face, Prince William.

Father and son in the cockpit

Looking at maps in the Operations Room

The uniform's probably not in Charles's preferred style

More pictures here - Prince William Photos - Zimbio
Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm amused, this visit is being discussed in three threads!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why would it be discussed anywhere else given it involves two different members of the BRF?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
Why would it be discussed anywhere else given it involves two different members of the BRF?
Because for me it was an official engagement for Charles and Camilla not William, he was just at work showing his father around although he got a bit of special treatment.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I had to chuckle at the caption on one of the photos that's listed in one of the articles posted on either Charles' thread or William's. It was a replay of when HM also toured the RAF base. The caption stated that William was obviously trying to shrink (he definitely towered over HM by far) but to any really trained eye, you can tell he's doing quite the formal bow to his sovereign.

(Prince William misses rescue mission to show Charles around RAF Valley - Mirror Online. courtesy of ghost_night's post)

I don't see where someone filling in for William on a scramble because his father was due to visit the base is any real big deal. I imagine it happens quite often among all the crew if something should arise that warrants it.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yep, Osipi, that's a properly executed British bow. From the neck, not the waist.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Courtier

great video here
Home - ITNSource News
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

I think that you can really see a similarity between Charles and William in this picture. Thank you for the videos and articles.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Thank you to all who shared pictures and videos of Prince Charles's visit to his son's RAF base. It definitely looked like both were enjoying their interaction.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread