The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm thinking they didn't put Harry and William's outfits up because they might need them. Ok I know it's just for the summer but still ya never know. But they should have atleast put up one of the flower girls dress next to the wedding dress.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm thinking they didn't put Harry and William's outfits up because they might need them. Ok I know it's just for the summer but still ya never know. But they should have atleast put up one of the flower girls dress next to the wedding dress.
Didn't the brides maids get to keep the dresses? I don't know how one would go about getting one of them for the exhibition.

And now, something that was posted on my twitter. I read it, and not quite sure what I think, if I were to be honest.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-23290018/

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Courtier

I find it hard to believe the dress cost that much. Lace can be very expensive when handmade but that seems overpriced. I still find the dress a little boring and with no real sparkle to it. I am surprised they couldn't use one of the flower girls dresses, I'm sure Lady Louise would have loved it. Pippa's dress was over rated as is Pippa I didn't like it as a bridesmaids dress it took focus of the bride and being that it was spoken about for weeks shows that it did indeed cause a stir. I do like how Catherine and the Queen get along and I would think she probably is or will call her Granny like William does. It does look very somber and sort of spooky. Maybe they will have more lighting when it opens? I do like the shoes and the earrings are lovely! I think Catherine said everyone got a piece of cake it looked nice alot of work went into it. I gather it would have been fruitcake if they are saving the top two tiers for their first childs christening!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is just off the wall but I'm thinking that perhaps the price of the dress would also include the wages paid for seamstresses and such that worked long, hard hours to create it. From what I've been reading there were a lot of people that put a lot of time and specialized work into that dress.

I really wish I could go to BP and be able to examine it up close. It is such a beautiful creation.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Alright here it is the video where you actually hear the Queen call the dress display 'horrid'
BBC News - Queen overheard criticising Duchess wedding dress display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Didn't the brides maids get to keep the dresses? I don't know how one would go about getting one of them for the exhibition.

And now, something that was posted on my twitter. I read it, and not quite sure what I think, if I were to be honest.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-23290018/
India Hicks said on a program before the wedding that for Charles and Di's wedding they had asked for one of the girls to give up their dress for display and it ended up being little Clementine Hambro so that's why I thought maybe the same was going to occured here.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

It seems the Queen was laughing when she called the display horrid. It also sounded like Kate sort of agreed with her - although I could be wrong since I couldn't catch the entire conversation. Either way, the media made the Queen's comment seem far harsher than it really was.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

So true when I saw it I was like come on that's not THAT bad! I totally thought she said it in a mean way the way everyone was portraying it.

Kate goes " I know right without the head"

So she obv agreed and didn't see anything wrong with the Queen's comments.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM

^Yep. Her comment wasn't bad at all. They both seemed to be laughing about it.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So true when I saw it I was like come on that's not THAT bad! I totally thought she said it in a mean way the way everyone was portraying it.

Kate goes " I know right without the head"

So she obv agreed and didn't see anything wrong with the Queen's comments.
It seems they were both thoroughly amused.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, the bridesmaid's did get to keep their dresses as their names are stitched into the fabric, but I do think they could've borrowed one to put on show. Perhaps the little girls did not want to part with them!

I love the Queen and all her honesty. She does not sugar coat anything, and rightly so. It does look horrid and very ghostly. I would like to go and see it, but it does look quite frightening.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
They could have asked Lady Louise if she lent her dress for the exhibition in Grandma's palace... I bet the little one would have been very proud then.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Queen spooked by Catherine's wedding dress display - FRANCE 24

The Queen is a pretty cool customer, it was obvious how nervous Kate was in her presence, making some strange remarks to keep a conversation going.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Yes, the bridesmaid's did get to keep their dresses as their names are stitched into the fabric, but I do think they could've borrowed one to put on show. Perhaps the little girls did not want to part with them!

I love the Queen and all her honesty. She does not sugar coat anything, and rightly so. It does look horrid and very ghostly. I would like to go and see it, but it does look quite frightening.
Molly2101 just like you, I have the same opinion
I really like the honesty of the Queen
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Queen spooked by Catherine's wedding dress display - FRANCE 24

The Queen is a pretty cool customer, it was obvious how nervous Kate was in her presence, making some strange remarks to keep a conversation going.
What strange remarks? I didn't hear her say anything out of the ordinary.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
What strange remarks? I didn't hear her say anything out of the ordinary.
The question if the Faberge pieces are still being made how about getting some information beforehand or think logically for once.
The organizers must be stunned and wont have slept well after HM's blunt remarks
Sorry it looks like straight out of a horror movie.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-dress2--a.jpg
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Courtier

It sounded to me like HM was describing something that happened or could have happened and "wasn't that horrible" or "would have been horrible". But it's really hard to know as one only heard bits and pieces of what she was saying.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

I'm just glad that we got to see HM and Catherine together without William around.
Regardless of the display and disapproval it have gotten, that dress will make big cash for the Palace. So I don't see HM really worrying about it.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I'm just glad that we got to see HM and Catherine together without William around.
Regardless of the display and disapproval it have gotten, that dress will make big cash for the Palace. So I don't see HM really worrying about it.
Exactly....
Old 07-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The question if the Faberge pieces are still being made how about getting some information beforehand or think logically for once.
The organizers must be stunned and wont have slept well after HM's blunt remarks
Sorry it looks like straight out of a horror movie.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-dress2--a.jpg
Well, then I guess the Queen also needs to get some information. She said Faberge pieces are just shoved away in cupboards, while the curator stated that they are in constant use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Yep. They are already selling loads of tickets for this display - advance ticket sales were more than double last year's summer opening.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Mia Mae ..... the Monarchy needs the entrance fees to continue its mission.