The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I am sure the Middletons were thinking not at all about the ROI but instead about their lovely daughters happiness and joy on her wedding dress and day when buying her wedding dress......
Is that even necessary? Honestly!

It was just a cheeky observation about Kate and William Inc.'s profitability, not about the Middletons' intentions.

I doubt there is such a thing as a lending fee that is more than nominal.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator

Is that even necessary? Honestly!

It was just a cheeky observation about Kate and William Inc.'s profitability, not about the Middletons' intentions.

I doubt there is such a thing as a lending fee that is more than nominal.
I'm allowed to post a comment in respect to a comment you made- there was no ill intention there......

Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Gentry

Duchess of Cambridge's dress display is horrid, cries Queen - Telegraph
For some reason, I have a hard time believing The Queen would really say such things, especially in front of her granddaughter-in-law, the curator, and the press.

I actually really like the display, but I do wonder if there will be more light during the actual exhibit. The ensemble wouldn't look out of place at the Royal wedding dress display in April that had the gowns of Queen Victoria, Queen Alexandra, Princess Margaret, and Princess Alexandra of Kent - which also featured headless mannequins in darkly lit rooms.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness
Duchess of Cambridge's dress display is horrid, cries Queen - Telegraph
For some reason, I have a hard time believing The Queen would really say such things, especially in front of her granddaughter-in-law, the curator, and the press.

I actually really like the display, but I do wonder if there will be more light during the actual exhibit. The ensemble wouldn't look out of place at the Royal wedding dress display in April that had the gowns of Queen Victoria, Queen Alexandra, Princess Margaret, and Princess Alexandra of Kent - which also featured headless mannequins in darkly lit rooms.
http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/Queen...996d931a196011
This article plays it off like she was joking around so possibly she was kidding around with Catherine-? In the video they seem smiley and laughing....
Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
Let's see ...

500,000 viewers at 17.50GBP each. That's GBP8.75 million/ $13.125 million. I would hope that there is a "lending fee" for the gown that compensates the Middletons based on the incremental increase in BP visitor volume. The purchase of the gown would be an investment with an ROI not seen since Whitewater!
You made me laugh with those Kate and William Inc. and ROI remarks, Fascinator!

I also thought it was strange that they didn't display William's uniform together with the wedding gown, after all, I don't think he'll need to wear it this summer. Of course, given all the fuss made around Pippa's dress, I wasn't expecting it to be part of the exhibit, but nothing would have prevented them from also showing the bridesmades' and pages' outfits, they were all part of the show.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

Lovely pair. Kate looking nice and rested from the tour. But what really mattered was how interactive and at ease she and HM seem to be around each other. I think that's pretty significant without William around and quite early on in the marriage.

Videos:

Old 07-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
You made me laugh with this Kate and William Inc. and ROI remarks, Fascinator!

I also thought it was strange that they didn't display William's uniform together with the wedding gown, after all, I don't think he'll need to wear it this summer. Of course, given all the fuss made around Pippa's dress, I wasn't expecting it to be part of the exhibit, but nothing would have prevented them from also showing the bridesmades' and pages' outfits, they were all part of the show.
I see what you mean, but the bride was the star of the show and so it's her dress only on display.

Have there ever been exhibitions where the entire British Royal wedding party was on display?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

k I hoped they'd get on but they seem to get on really really well which is always a very good sign. I loved seeing pictures and videos of our 2 Queens together
Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder too. What Kate calls the Queen? How she address the queen when they are in public and when they are in private.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I know I'm curious too. Sarah used to call her Mummy obv because she was her mother in law but does Kate call her Granny like Wills does?

I'm curious did they do anything like this for the Prince and Princess of Wales? Seems like it's somewhat of a tradition now but all I remember is the dress started being on display after Diana's death. So that's why I'm curious if it had gone on display at all before.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I'm allowed to post a comment in respect to a comment you made- there was no ill intention there......
sorry
Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

It was hard to listen to that first youtube video so I had to jack up the volume and try to screen out certain sounds but I definitely heard the Queen say that she "didn't approve" of something maybe it was meant as a joke but I did hear it. The video shows
just clips as they move from room to room. Catherine mentions something about purple.. not sure what she's talking about.... i'll have to study the conversation more.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
k I hoped they'd get on but they seem to get on really really well which is always a very good sign. I loved seeing pictures and videos of our 2 Queens together
Is "ma'am" too formal?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:04 PM

William & Harry's uniforms (plus the page boy)

I came upon this exhibition of replicas of the uniforms Princes William and Harry wore at the wedding, plus the page boy's, and thought you all might be interested as well.

UK royal wedding outfits on display in New York - Photos 1 - ArabianBusiness.com
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is "ma'am" too formal?
I think commonly when you first meet the Queen you address her as Your Majesty and then after you use ma'am
Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
You made me laugh with this Kate and William Inc. and ROI remarks, Fascinator!

Hi Skippy. I was thinking my Whitewater wisecrack slipped completely under the radar

Pippa's dress should certainly be displayed. The button work (if that's the term) down the back was exquisite.

I'm still reeling from the fact that Kate's dress cost $400,000.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Commoner

Finally!! I can see why the needleworking people are worth their money. In all the pictures I have looked at (and I watched the wedding at 0300 on the day!!) the detail was never shown so clearly. I think it is worth every penny paid for it, but I do think I would be aghast if the dress maker bill was really that much. Did everyone count shoes, attendant clothes, etc? I bet a huge chunk of that change is really the tiara!!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

The close up's of the dress on the mannequin is amazing. You can see the detail so well compared to when she actually wore it.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Courtier

What? No bag?

HM doesn't seem to have her usual handbag with her.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Hi Skippy. I was thinking my Whitewater wisecrack slipped completely under the radar

Pippa's dress should certainly be displayed. The button work (if that's the term) down the back was exquisite.

I'm still reeling from the fact that Kate's dress cost $400,000.
It's not my post you are quoting

And I suppose we have differing opinions about Philippa's dress - I don't really care for it. And neither do I for her herself.
My full focus was on the bride (and in a little less extent the groom) that day, that's all that mattered to me.