British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the same thing but you know when you see the photo from our angle you kinda think how could she have not noticed them you know? But I suppose it's probably an overwhelming experience when your actually there. All the noise and commotion around her. I def don't blame her if she did miss them but like I said when you look at it through our eyes your kinda like how is it possible? Ok I hope that made sense :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, it makes perfect sense. I can only imagine what a jolt to the senses it must be for her. There's so much going on, and some things she just has to pay attention to, while others have to be passed by. So many people calling to her and wanting a minute. It's over-stimulation at its' finest. However, I can see how to a casual observer it may seem as if she's passing them by almost in a rush, and giving the impression that she's ignoring the little girls.

Yes exactly what I was trying to say. While I'm not a casual observer(in fact I adore Catherine and have rarely if ever said a bad word about her, heck I wouldn't even consider this criticism more like something I noticed), at first, even I questioned how she could ignore them. Thinking about it now I totally understand why she may have had to make that decision.:flowers:

As far as Charles not putting his own toothpaste on his toothbrush, I'd say that's going a bit far. I get that he was brought up in a different era, but really? I'd personally feel a little humiliated about something like that.

That's an old, old joke about Charles. I believe a former valet of him once claimed that in a book but since then there have been a lot of denials, but it still comes up as an example how pampered and unpractical a man Charles is. Personally I think it is not true, but can be used as a gentle joke.:flowers:

Yes exactly what I was trying to say. While I'm not a casual observer(in fact I adore Catherine and have rarely if ever said a bad word about her, heck I wouldn't even consider this criticism more like something I noticed), at first, even I questioned how she could ignore them. Thinking about it now I totally understand why she may have had to make that decision.:flowers:

You have yet to say anything negative about Catherine. I feel the way that you do, and in all reality, Catherine has yet to do anything that warrants any sort of nasty attacks she gets from certain places.

I'm sure Kate bypassing the children with the flowers had to be a genuine oversight; it's not in her nature to do that, as we've seen. As Daria stated, with the crowds calling to her and the noise, she could have been on sensory overload. We've always seen how in the past, she usually makes a beeline to the kids but each occasion is different.

You have yet to say anything negative about Catherine. I feel the way that you do, and in all reality, Catherine has yet to do anything that warrants any sort of nasty attacks she gets from certain places.
Yes fully agree with you. This was just a simple mistake and small oversight on her part no biggy.

I'm sure Kate bypassing the children with the flowers had to be a genuine oversight; it's not in her nature to do that, as we've seen. As Daria stated, with the crowds calling to her and the noise, she could have been on sensory overload. We've always seen how in the past, she usually makes a beeline to the kids but each occasion is different.
Yes exactly she usually doesn't do that musta just been an in the moment type of thing you know?

I found this nice little vid you can see her talking to some of the children
Kate joins Charles for some art - YouTube

... I can only imagine what a jolt to the senses it must be...There's so much going on...So many people calling to her...It's over-stimulation at its' finest.
It's a circus. I saw Crown Princess Mary up very close indeed when she was in Sydney at a "small" lunchtime event in March 2005. As well as members of the crowd calling out, she was surrounded and followed by officials from the greeting party as well as her own staff and protection people, but it was the press photographers who made the biggest racket - constantly calling out to her, incessant clicking and whirring of the motrorised cameras, a barrage of camera flashes (at midday, in the sunshine!), and did I mention the shouting? "Here Mary! This way Mary! Over here Mary! Mary, turn! Mary, around! Please Mary! Mary! Mary!", non-stop, a cacophony of noise from the massed photographers.

All the while she was chatting to the dignitaries, trying to communicate with members of the public, accepting posies, bending down for the children, always smiling, always keeping her poise, making sure the photographers were kept happy by giving them their angles and picture opportunities, while actually moving forward to where she was supposed to be going without missing a beat. No wonder that at the time Mary looked strained, it was coming at her from all sides. As I said at the beginning, this was just a small event, but it was a real eye-opener.

Wow Warren that's insanity! I'm sure the event with Catherine was somewhat similar, no wonder she may have missed those girls.

It's a circus...
Wow. After just reading this, I felt like I ran a marathon. I cannot imagine how a royal feels while doing something like this. I'm sure once they get inside, they're at least a little relieved, because the noise level has somewhat lessened. I saw Mary and Frederik when they visited New York City in October of the past year, and it wasn't anything like you described, but probably because this was lesser known royal. However, when people did find out there was a royal around, a huge crowd formed behind Mary and Frederik and just kept following them around Union Square. I did get a chance to say 'hello', and saw just how strained and exhausted Mary was, though she was very pleasant and smiled non-stop.

My proverbial hat goes off to these people for doing this, and doing it in such a fashion that one would never notice there were any difficulties or feelings of over-stimulation.

I'm uploading the full videos from yesterday onto my Veoh account with credit to news.itnsource.com and will posting them shortly.

Ok here we go:

The Duchess of Cambridge visits Olympic Park http://www.veoh.com/watch/v29555640dnY38bYm

The Duchess of Cambridge with The Duchess of Cornwall and The Prince of Wales visits Dulwich Gallery http://www.veoh.com/watch/v29555537Jf37SYMP

When I met Camilla back in 09 it was pretty calm once she got there but the lead up to meeting her was INSANITY! There was confusion from where the line should start to whether or not she would stop at all or just make her way straight inside the event. I got a headache just in the whole lead up to her arrival.

Last edited:
Wow. After just reading this, I felt like I ran a marathon. I cannot imagine how a royal feels while doing something like this. I'm sure once they get inside, they're at least a little relieved, because the noise level has somewhat lessened. I saw Mary and Frederik when they visited New York City in October of the past year, and it wasn't anything like you described, but probably because this was lesser known royal...
Mary is Australian so the response of the Australian public and media is most definitely going to be different than that of the American media or public, especially in New York. She's not a lesser known royal but rather the native one in regards to Australia (and Australians are certainly proud of her!)

New Yorkers really don't care about royals, that's why many live in the city -- because they'll be left alone. IMHO if William and Catherine visited New York instead of LA last July, less hoopla would have been made.

I know y'all are gonna think I am mental but I noticed those girls I was talking about earlier appeared to be from some sort of school anyways I found an hq pic and cropped it and was wondering does anyone know what their hat says I think I see it saying "St. Mary" and "school" on the bottom but can barely make out the second word does anyone know what it says?

link:http://i43.tinypic.com/t8tdhu.jpg

They are school children from St Mary Magdalene CE Primary School in Peckham. This is the website which has the same logo and colours as the hat the kids are wearing. The school and the gallery are about 2 miles apart from each other, the children must have been taken on a trip to see the royals.

Thank you very much for answering my question:flowers: I've basically been killing myself the last hour trying to figure it out!:lol:

You're welcome, I just typed St Mary's School and Dulwich into google and it came up with a list of schools in the surrounding area. St Mary Magdalene was the only website that fit the bill. :)

haha why didn't I think of that I kept typing in St. Mary, London England and got endless results!

:previous:
Mary is Australian so the response of the Australian public and media is most definitely going to be different than that of the American media or public, especially in New York. She's not a lesser known royal but rather the native one in regards to Australia (and Australians are certainly proud of her!)

New Yorkers really don't care about royals, that's why many live in the city -- because they'll be left alone. IMHO if William and Catherine visited New York instead of LA last July, less hoopla would have been made.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend with my post. When I said that she was a lesser known royal, I was referring to here, in New York City. I agree with you though and think that William and Catherine would have had a better and more comfortable time here in NYC, where people would not be going as crazy (though I think they still would have attracted a nice crowd of well-wishers/observers).

:previous:

But very, very few people in New York even know that Denmark has a royal family, let alone who Mary and Fred are. It's the same here in the UK.

The American networks cover William, Kate and Harry very closely. For example, camera crews from CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN followed Harry on his visit to the Caribbean and Brazil last week. There's no doubt that many, many New Yorkers know who William and Kate are.

But very, very few people in New York even know that Denmark has a royal family, let alone who Mary and Fred are. It's the same here in the UK.

The American networks cover William, Kate and Harry very closely. For example, camera crews from CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN followed Harry on his visit to the Caribbean and Brazil last week. There's no doubt that many, many New Yorkers know who William and Kate are.

But the point of my post was to explain 1) why the response to Mary in Australia was so huge -- the fact that she is an Australian girl who married a prince and their wedding and marriage has captivated the Australian media and public; and 2) that while New Yorkers may know who William, Kate, and Harry are (and I can assure you New Yorkers know more about royalty than most think), they would be left alone in the city compared to W&K in LA -- it has nothing to do with knowledge or even caring about the British royals but rather it is not a part of New York mentality to gawk at celebrities and royalty...

I've spent some time in New York because of work, and last summer I happened across the street where Gossip Girl was being filmed. Now, GG is not the most watched show in America (not by a long shot) and it's been filmed in NY for 5 years now (so it's not exactly new), but there were hundreds and hundreds of people standing around with cameras watching it all. The actors require several very large bodyguards just to walk from their trailers to the set because of the crush of people.

In short, when there's something New Yorkers want to see, they're not shy in turning out.

Oy, we're getting off-topic but how many of those people do you think were New Yorkers and not tourists in New York? There's quite a difference... I agree with you second point, but royalty don't fall under that category

The Royal Family including the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Beatrice, Timothy Laurence, the Duchess of Cornwall,
the Duke of York, Princess Eugenie, the Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, the Princess Royal, the Countess of Wessex, Lord and
Lady Linley with children, Lady Sarah with her family, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Princess Alexandra and others
attended a Thanksgiving Service for the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret at St George's Chapel in Windsor on March 30,

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** gettyimages/reuters/daylife gallery ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** hellomagazine: Queen remembers her beloved mother and sister **

** PA: Royal women remembered at service **

** dailymail: Hat's off to them! Royals out in their finery for Queen Mother and Princess Margaret's memorial service **

Last edited:
Lovely to see Beatrice and Eugenie.

Everyone looks lovely, they must all be thrilled at the birth of the new Phillips baby girl. As they remember the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret an new little one arrives to continue the family.

What a lovely family event celebrating lives of two extraordinary women.
Pity William and Kate couldn't make it.

- The Queen looked lovely, as always
- Camilla was very elegant, but I'm a bit tired of this dress
- Princess Anne looked gorgeous; never thought I'd say this, but she looked the best of all royal ladies
- Sophie would have looked great, had it not been for the satellite dish on her head
- Princess Beatrice, let's just say it's not my favourite look at all; mismatched dress, jacket, hat and shoes
- Princess Eugenie looks nice but pretty average
- Margarita has grown up so much! Quite a little lady, she is.

- Prince Harry, well he always looks great
- Prince Michael of Kent was dashing, as always
- Viscount Linley with Margarita and Charles, Samuel and Arthur: great to see the Linley and Chatto kids
- Prince Harry appears to be quite close to his young cousins, and so is Prince Charles
- Nice to see Andrew Parker Bowles, although I'm a bit suprised Laura and Tom weren't there

Pictures taken from galleries posted by iceflower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom