British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Marine for the link, i've just noticed from the image in that article that Sophie isn't wearing her engagement ring. Wow. I have never seen her not wear it.

Two beautiful, intense colors complementing each other so well; just can't get any better than this. That deep amethyst purple is to die for. I hope we see more of this color coordination among the family members with their joint appearances.

Last edited:
Charles, Camilla and Kate have just arrived at Dulwich picture gallery. She's changed since this morning's outing. I couldn't see it clearly but it's grey.

Last edited:
The BBC news correspondent said, apparently there will be pictures of the Prince of Wales ironing as part of today's visit!

The BBC news correspondent said, apparently there will be pictures of the Prince of Wales ironing as part of today's visit!
I'd rather see him pressing toothpaste on his brush....:D:D

Charles and Camilla show Kate the art of royal duty
Prince Charles vowed to help his daughter-in-law blossom into an inspiring and confident working royal when Kate married his son last year. And after nearly a year of royal duty, the Duchess of Cambridge appears confident and at ease in the limelight.

- Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge
- Prince Charles, Camilla and Kate arriving
- Kate and Camilla making new friends
- Prince Charles and Kate
- Prince Charles
- Camilla
- Kate

Last edited:
I'm home and here are some tidbits
georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv There seems to be a genuine warmth between #Kate and her father in law. They share jokes and are walking round as a pair meeting children

#charles joins the early learning centre esque paint table and admits 'I don't know what I'm doing!' to the children #royal
Camilla nowhere to be seen #Kate and #charles together through all these pics - intentional?
Victoria Murphy ‏ @QueenVicMirror
Kate, Camilla and Charles did the ironing today at Dulwich picture Gallery - the women were better than the man!
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
Inside the gallery, the royals showed off their skills, ironing images onto paper.Strangely, Charles wasn't as good as the women at ironing.

"‘Kate look!’ shout the children as she helps them with their artwork - no mention of Catherine for them"

— @GeorginaITV

Last edited:
Maybe that's why Kate stuck by Charles...she knew he would need a little help in the ironing department! :ROFLMAO:

I loved kate picking up the iron and setting in on its heel after he laid it down flat. clearly a man who has never ironed - not shocking, but funny nonetheless.

Hilarious video! :ROFLMAO:
Prince Charles did try so hard, but... Well, let's just say it was a good try.
The two Duchesses certainly outperformed him (you can see Camilla ironing in the corner at about 00:38). :D

I'd rather see him pressing toothpaste on his brush....:D:D

I'm surprised he didn't bring his valet along to do the ironing!:lol:

Thanks to everyone for the links and videos; what a wonderful event! It's great to see the warm rapport between Charles and Kate.

Last edited:
:previous:That's a great anecdote and so interesting to see how the Queen adjusted her normal routine for Kate. A very thoughtful gesture and great to see that she didn't "pull rank" which could have made Kate feel rushed and uneasy.

Last edited:
Duchess Of Cambridge Look Amazing in all Pictures , I Like Her In Black Jacket & coral Trousers Color , and She Looks So Cute In tracksuit Top , and She Looks Nice Too In Gray Dress , Thank you Nico For Posting :flowers: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

This was a lovely article to read. It seemed that they all enjoyed themselves. I think the kids felt special when getting attention from these people, and I loved reading about Camila praising a picture of one of students. Lovely gesture.

:previous:
I absolutely love this picture of Charles and Camilla, and this one of Prince Charles and Kate. :lol:

I would love to know what Charles and Camila are laughing about, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was at his attempt at ironing (loved the 'I have him well trained with an iron' quote from Camila too :D).

I'm surprised he didn't bring his valet along to do the ironing!:lol:

Thanks to everyone for the links and videos; what a wonderful event! It's great to see the warm rapport between Charles and Kate.

Heh, it would have been entertaining if he brought his valet. What an awkward introduction that would have been 'This is my valet, and he'll be taking part in the ironing, since I have no idea how to handle an iron properly' :ROFLMAO:. The rapport between Charles and Catherine is simply heart-warming. So glad they're all getting along.

As far as Charles not putting his own toothpaste on his toothbrush, I'd say that's going a bit far. I get that he was brought up in a different era, but really? I'd personally feel a little humiliated about something like that.

I think that happened while his arm was in a sling after breaking it playing polo. It got turned into the legend that Prince Charles never puts his own toothpaste on his toothbrush.

As far as Charles not putting his own toothpaste on his toothbrush, I'd say that's going a bit far. I get that he was brought up in a different era, but really? I'd personally feel a little humiliated about something like that.

You guys know me I pretty much never criticize Catherine but why didn't she stop and accept flowers from the little girls in this picture?
http://i41.tinypic.com/30ct7xg.jpg
I watched the video she went straight to the little boys and then continued along the route. As seen here:
http://i39.tinypic.com/vmujut.jpg

I understand she can't always get to everyone but too bad if she missed them especially cause they were right in front of her.

Last edited:
I think that happened while his arm was in a sling after breaking it playing polo. It got turned into the legend that Prince Charles never puts his own toothpaste on his toothbrush.

Oh, I had no idea. Thank you for clearing that up :flowers:.

You guys know me I pretty much never criticize Catherine but why didn't she stop and accept flowers from the little girls in this picture?
http://i41.tinypic.com/30ct7xg.jpg
I watched the video she went straight to the little boys and then continued along the route. As seen here:
http://i39.tinypic.com/vmujut.jpg

I understand she can't always get to everyone but too bad if she missed them especially cause they were right in front of her.

She may have simply missed them. There are so many people, especially kids at these events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom