British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Style on the Royal express: Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen board train on first day of Diamond Jubilee tour
The Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen gave a lesson in how to travel in style today as they kicked off the Diamond Jubilee tour of the UK. The Royals looked a far cry from the average train commuter, causing quite a stir at St Pancras station in London.
Kate looked to the 1940's for inspiration, wearing an elegant teal peplum suit by L.K. Bennett and James Lock hat. The Queen wore a cerise cashmere dress and coat with black trim by Angela Kelly, and a matching hat by the same designer.
Some pictures:
- The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duchess of Cambridge
- The Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge
- The Queen and Kate applaud at a plaque unveiling ceremony
- The Duchess of Cambridge talking to Her Majesty
- The Queen is presented with a bouquet of flowers
- Kate with her flowers
- Kate walking discreetly behind the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh

Last edited:
As usual, Kate looks fabulous.

I suspect she wore a darker color so as not to upstage HM.

:previous:
And probably because of the loss of six British soldiers that were killed in Afghanistan. Kate is married to an officer of the British Army, so it was only appropriate to wear darker colours out of respect.

I find it really nice that the entire Royal Family has sort of taken the task of protecting and taking care of Kate in William's absence. This joint engagements with senior members of the Royal Family, warm interactions between Kate and her in-laws - it all sends rather hopeful signals for future. :)

I quite like Catherine's coat, and so lovely to see her with Philip and the Queen. Nice to see them all interacting with everyone. I do love Philip's stance, he always looks like he's watching in amusement, thinking of a witty comment, wondering what on Earth the people in front of him are doing.

Just read that the Queen will be attending a service for Commonwealth Day on 12.3.12 at Westminster, along with Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla and Sophie. Another little family day out.

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh And Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Leicester. March 08, 2012

Zimbio
Love these pics!
All the pics of Kate with kids, and the Queen accepting flowers from little ones melt my heart....:wub: Such a Granny the Queen is!:)
A couple of the photos are :lol:- the first one- the Queen looking all serious, and Kate smiling away!
And then the one just before the image and details of Kate's outfit, the DOE looks like he is saying " Where is our train? This way?:D

I quite like Catherine's coat, and so lovely to see her with Philip and the Queen. Nice to see them all interacting with everyone. I do love Philip's stance, he always looks like he's watching in amusement, thinking of a witty comment, wondering what on Earth the people in front of him are doing.

Just read that the Queen will be attending a service for Commonwealth Day on 12.3.12 at Westminster, along with Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla and Sophie. Another little family day out.

And on the fifteenth, the Duchess of Cambridge will accompany the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall on a visit to his children and arts charity.

I am LOVING all of these family engagements! So nice to see them all working together.

And on the fifteenth, the Duchess of Cambridge will accompany the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall on a visit to his children and arts charity.

I am LOVING all of these family engagements! So nice to see them all working together.

Nice they are bringing Catherine along too, I think it's great they are all working together this year. Really nice to see the family together in occasions other than Christmas and Easter.

The poster they all signed was lovely, and it still amuses me that they all just sign their Christian name. I know they have no surname technically to sign, but it just highlights their royal status. "The name's just Catherine."

The Queen has lightened up quite a bit since her mother died 10 years ago. When she was alive The Queen Mother fulfilled the role of National Grandmother and now The Queen has takem on the role of smiling grandmother. It seems to make her much more approachable.

Hear, hear!
I absolutely love the family engagements; the fact Windsors are putting a united front and embracing their newest member is quite heart-warming.

Today was a wonderful start for HM's Diamond Jubilee tour. Thousands turned out and, importantly, the people who came were of every race, religion and age. It puts paid to the idea that the Monarchy is only really valued by the 'Home Counties' set.

I feel that in taking family members with her on engagements, HM is trying to bring them along, as if to say, the monarchy will be in safe hands when I'm gone, the continuity will still be there. The monarchy is not just me. Does that make sense?

Shall I get all the inevitable criticisms out of the way? Hair down, dress too short, heels too high, boring colour, touching her hair, too much make-up. Repeat ad infinitum.

Shall I also add: dressing like a railway hostess? Oh, I forgot, she was taking a train ride, gotta keep this theme party thing going on...

Shall I also add: dressing like a railway hostess? Oh, I forgot, she was taking a train ride, gotta keep this theme party thing going on...
Lemme add to this something I just saw on youtube." Oh Catherine, don't open your mouth cause you say such silly things when you do"

ugh I cannot understand haters though. But no really great engagement cannot wait for the next one.

Those shoes are something to wear once because it is expected, and then to go to the back of the closet.

Thanks for that, can't believe I missed that one!

Oh, and another one - she smiles too much. I mean, the cheek of her to be pleasant to people she meets!! ;)

Seeing the Queen, the Duke, and Catherine interacting with warmth and ease is delightful! I am happy that Catherine seems to have been accepted and is liked by the Royal family. There are so many wonderful pictures of today. They all look beautiful. Yea!

I feel that in taking family members with her on engagements, HM is trying to bring them along, as if to say, the monarchy will be in safe hands when I'm gone, the continuity will still be there. The monarchy is not just me. Does that make sense?

That about sums it up. The Queen is signaling an easy transition of the monarchy into capable hands by showcasing her family and involving them more in her engagements. I think it's a wonderfully subtle method (or maybe not so subtle) of her confidence that the monarchy will continue to thrive with future generations.

Today was a wonderful start for HM's Diamond Jubilee tour. Thousands turned out and, importantly, the people who came were of every race, religion and age. It puts paid to the idea that the Monarchy is only really valued by the 'Home Counties' set.

This makes complete and total sense and I very much hope this is something she continues to do often.

:previous: yes. I think they are also trying to make it not so noticeable if they cut back Phillips appearances as well. I would expect other members of the family to join in as well.

The Queen has lightened up quite a bit since her mother died 10 years ago. When she was alive The Queen Mother fulfilled the role of National Grandmother and now The Queen has takem on the role of smiling grandmother. It seems to make her much more approachable.

I like to think these past few years have been a truly happy time in The Queen's life, both on a professional and personal level. Most of the younger generation of royals seem to be coming along fairly well, they all seem to think the world of her as a grandmother, and I imagine it was satisfying for her to see William, especially, happily married to a woman who appears to be taking all the royal hoopla in stride.

Compared to the Fortnum & Mason visit last week, it seemed that the Queen and Catherine spent a lot more time chatting. It's only natural, seeing as they were seated next to each other during the fashion show and Philip was off elsewhere. I do wonder if Catherine has given the Queen any sort of fashion tips.

My understanding is that they took the Royal Train to Leicester, which would be a first for Catherine. However, from all the media reports, it sounds more like they took an ordinary scheduled train. Can anyone clear up my confusion?

Thena said:
Compared to the Fortnum & Mason visit last week, it seemed that the Queen and Catherine spent a lot more time chatting. It's only natural, seeing as they were seated next to each other during the fashion show and Philip was off elsewhere. I do wonder if Catherine has given the Queen any sort of fashion tips.

My understanding is that they took the Royal Train to Leicester, which would be a first for Catherine. However, from all the media reports, it sounds more like they took an ordinary scheduled train. Can anyone clear up my confusion?

I think it's far more likely that the Queen has given Catherine fashion tips than the reverse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom