The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I thought it was interesting that the Queen read the lesson in church this morning. Usually the lesson is read by a male member of the Royal Family. Alex, do you know if she has done this before?

I'm afraid that I don't have any direct information on this particular point, NGalitzine. All I can pass on by way of input is that [like you] I have always understood that when it comes to the BRF's 'private' church attendances, male members read the lesson, and usually the Duke does, if only to underline the fact that in 'private life', the Duke is 'head of the family', [the Queen being the Head of the Royal Family]

I'll try to find out by asking someone I know.

Alex

Old 01-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Majesty

William. Catherine and Harry want to take an active role in helping servicemen and women re-enter civilian life.

Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince Harry go into battle for abandoned war heroes - mirror.co.uk

William and Kate pledge support to veterans - CNN.com

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Spanish newspaper claims Prince Harry and Prince William on hunting trip there:
Princes William and Henry cazarán in the greater City Real Estate
Old 01-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What are you doing this weekend Princes William and Harry in Ciudad Real?
¿Qué hacen este fin de semana los príncipes Guillermo y Harry en Ciudad Real?

Google Google Translate
Old 01-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Would this go here? I really don't know...
Princes William and Harry head to Spain for shooting weekend - mirror.co.uk

and..."
Quote:
allthingsregal Kelly Mathews
"Prince William is having a big send off ahead of his Falklands tour of duty next month.
allthingsregal Kelly Mathews
"William is going on a shooting weekend w/Prince Harry &some friends @ Finca La Garganta the Duke of Westminsters hunting reserve in Spain"
Here are some pics of Harry touching down, I'm guessing in Spain.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...eib1o1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...eib1o2_500.jpg
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Anyone know if Kate will come along with William and Harry to Spain and if they'll stop by and visit the Spanish royal family?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

From what I've heard Kate isn't scheduled to go with them. I've perceived it as some quality bonding time between the brothers before William heads off to the Falklands.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
General views of the entrance to the Finca la Garganta where Prince William and Prince Harry are reportedly on a hunting weekend
General views of the entrance to the Finca la Garganta where Prince William and Prince Harry are reportedly on a hunting weekend - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Majesty

This has been posted in Catherine's 'Current Events' thread, but since the events involve more than one member of the Royal Family, I thought I'd post it here too.

Kate, Queen Elizabeth, Camilla at London Tea : People.com

I'm looking forward to seeing Catherine alongside the more senior members of the Royal Family.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, joins Queen and Camilla at Fortnum & Mason | Mail Online
Old 02-15-2012, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a performance of scenes from the works of Charles
Dickens at the Guildhall, London and later hosted a reception to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the
year Charles Dickens was born at Buckingham Palace, February 14, 2012. Several members of the royal
family like the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra attended as well.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen Hosts A Reception To Celebrate 200th Anniversary Of Dickens' Birth **

** telegraph.co.uk: Queen celebrates Charles Dickens anniversary **
Old 02-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do love Gillian Anderson and she has been in 2 brilliant adaptations of Dickens' novels. The Queen looks lovely and I am glad to see the Gloucester's and Princess Alexandra there.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Princess Royal and the Duke of Kent attended a Royal
Anniversary Prizes reception for representatives of 21 prize-winning institutions at Buckingham Palace
on February 24, 2012 . The honour recognises and celebrates outstanding work which is making a
practical impact for human progress.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 02-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics iceflower. Pic 5 is especially fun.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well folks, am i right in thinking that tomorrow is the British ladies' trip out to Fortnum and Mason? I'm hoping good_night544 will be among us to keep us up to date?

This one should be interesting I think. First time for Camilla and Kate on duty with the Queen on their own? I'm sure there's a few tummy butterflies tonight!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I am hoping someone will update us about tomorrow's goings on.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Majesty

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and videos of tomottow's engagement. I think that this is a great opportunity for Catherine to get to know Her Majesty and Duchess of Cornwall on a professional level. Both women do a fabulous job, and I'm sure Catherine will be a fantastic addition.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Hi guys I'm here ok so today's engagement will begin at 10am UK times 5am EST/2am PST and 4am CST. As of right now not much is going on all I know is preparations for today have begun. I suspect we'll hear more info in about an hour. I'm off to watch a show for about half an hour. When I return I should have some news updates.

Alright journalists have taken their places and are now waiting
https://twitter.com/#!/IkonPictures/status/175145249948184576/photo/1

Quote:
Judy Wade ‏ @Judy_Wade Huge crowd, mostly media, waiting in the chill of Piccadilly for the Queen, Camilla and Kate but will we get the first ladies in line?
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Crowds are gathering outside Fortnum & Mason in Piccadilly, where the Queen, Camilla and Kate will undertake their first joint duty later.
Small tidbits: they're not sure how quick they'll be able to confirm what Catherine is wearing today. They're saying it's quite cold but bearable.
Quote:
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal big crowd of people and journalist outside Fortnum & Mason for arrival of Queen, Kate and Camilla
Quote:
.Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Some of the crowd awaiting the royal arrival at Fortnum & Mason this morning. yfrog.com/h3pj7maj
About 20 mins to go. Though I imagine they won't arrive exactly at 10am

Quote:
georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv Crowds outside Fortnums Masons waiting for #queen #camilla and #kate to arrive yfrog.com/h622fkbtj
Quote:
Simon Perry ‏ @SPerryPeoplemag Fortnum and Mason's all set for arrival of Katy Cambridge (c @Judy_Wade), Queen & Camilla yfrog.com/essatwtj
Quote:
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor Crowds outside Fortnum & Mason waiting for Kate, Queen and Camilla pic.twitter.com/eQPGGPzV
Old 03-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

ok fresh post for their arrival..any minute now...
Quote:
Victoria Murphy ‏ @QueenVicMirror Waiting for the Queen, Kate and Camilla to arrive at Fortnum and Mason in Piccadilly. A brass quintet is playing and store staff lined up
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor
#royal Boris Johnson London Mayor get ready to greet the Queen
Victoria Murphy ‏ @QueenVicMirror Boris Johnson waiting outside Fortnum and Mason to meet the Queen, Kate and Camilla
Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

there seems to be a large group of members of the public waiting to see them, although there's a busy muli-laned road between them and Fornums.

Apparently, the Queen is going to look at the honey and jams, Kate will look at the tea and I think Camilla's going to see the bakery?

They're all going to see packs that will be sent to troops in Afghanistan.

After that they'll head upstairs for tea.